German Parliamentary Election 2017

A tad surprised merkel got in but the grand plan cant take place without her.

I might add to the graph that Germany has a very strong economy and is approaching full employment.
That's properly why the economy and jobs took a dive like this.

Also one thing to consider is that a lot of people in Germany view the refugee crisis from the left angle.
They think Germany should take more refugees and not deport criminals or not deport to certain countries at all. If you look at the green and the far left "Die Linke".
They got 20% together that is more than all the right wing parties.
So you also have a considerable amount of Germans that are unhappy because they think Germany doesn't take in enough.

I would wager 85% are women.

Shiiiiet, things are moving this morning.

Apparently the SPD is out of the coallition (good riddance), and will be replaced by the FDP and Greens ("Jamaica" coallition).

The FDP is not so keen on the open-door policy nor on expanding social programs for refugees, while the Greens are hyperventilating cucks.

I think all in all it is a good thing.

Germans had not enough, it seems.

1,w=360,q=high,c=0.bild.jpg

Merkel's party lost about 9% of the vote so obviously some people changed their mind. That said I tend to think outsiders overrate the importance of certain issues and downplay the importance of others in national elections. In Germany I wonder if the migrant question was as relevant as non-German WRers think and perhaps something more mundane but more relevant to the average German was the driving factor behind most voters voting the way they did.

It was the worst federal election performance for the CDU in 68 years. The rise of the AFD can be stemmed if Mutti gets back to behaving like a CDU politician; in a social context that is. I said in other threads that she'd be wise to take a few cues from the Interior Minister and it appears that's what she intends to do. The interesting thing is that they didn't just poach votes from the CDU (over a million), but the SPD, Die Linke, Die Grünen as well.

I had like 69% NPD :)

s0250.gif

Good to see the AfD making gains although I suspect this will just lead to Merkel further cracking down on dissenting voices and wrong think.

The heads of both the Federal Ministry of Justice responsible for the censorship and hate speech laws as well as the Deutscher Kulturrat's "Initiative Kulturelle Integration" are actually SPD politicians. The former is a self-loathing cultural abolitionist who goes by the name of Heiko Maas (see below lol), the latter is the ethnically Turkish Aydan Özoguz.

Merkel getting reelected is predominantly to do with the country's economic performance, familiarity of her as Chancellor and the "follow the leader" herd mentality that's been a central tenant of German culture and history, particularly since the 1871 unification. The latter is nearly as much of an aspect as punctuality and obedience to rules.

A lot of people on here seem to delight in calling Merkel a 'centre-right' politician whenever the refugee crisis is a subject of conversation and they aren't lying, at least in terms of the traditional party she represents. It's Konrad Adenauer's party, but she has acted very un-CDU like in a sociopolitical context over her most recent term and it just got her poached out of over a million votes and drew an additional 700,000 non-voters out for the AFD. Eyes are open, dude.

V2-_Eyes.png

Back