German Parliamentary Election 2017

German politics are so boring that even when the far right gets 13% and the communist get 10%.
People start talking about the Oktoberfest after 2 pages.

Oktoberfest is truly something everybody should go to at least once in their life. (if you aren't against drinking). It's an absolute blast.

A German company sets up an Oktoberfest tent in Edinburgh's Princes St Gardens every year. I look forward to going again. Great beer - in huge steins - great food and hot serving girls in low cut dresses. A couple of hours there and I'm ready to put on a bad ass leather longcoat, climb in a Panzer and invade France!:D

Last edited:
on the edge of my seat with these german elections!

This is the end of Germany. @Burning Hammer @Contra-dictator @Devout Pessimist @RhinoRush @silicavaginitis @WiolentOne

151005_ard_bericht_aus_berlin_merkel_burka_2.jpg

Oh no! Not Germany!

Couldn't happen to a more deserving country.

Right-wing nationalists now announced they want to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Merkel for opening the borders
I wonder where they got that idea

Right-wing nationalists now announced they want to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Merkel for opening the borders
I wonder where they got that idea
Investigate her for what? Not saying it wasn't a bad policy but is it illegal/unconstitutional?

Investigate her for what? Not saying it wasn't a bad policy but is it illegal/unconstitutional?
Could very well be the case. There are still laws in place which say refugees who enter Germany from a 'safe nation' should be rejected. Now if you take a look at a map of Europe, that basically means all refugees, other than quota refugees(Kontingentsfluechtlinge), a limited number who are officially brought to Germany in a controlled way. Parliament never voted on changing or suspending such laws and the German chancellor doesn't have a lot of executive privileges compared to the US president or the French le President. I don't know a lot about US law, let alone German law.
But I know that there are reputable lawyers in Germany who said it was unconstitutional. Others say it wasn't.

Last edited:
Could very well be the case. There are still laws in place which say refugees who enter Germany from a 'save nation' should be rejected. Now if you take a look at a map of Europe, that basically means all refugees, other than quota refugees(Kontingentsfluechtlinge), a limited number who are officially brought to Germany in a controlled way. Parliament never voted on changing or suspending such laws and the German chancellor doesn't have a lot of executive privileges compared to the US president or the French le President. I don't know a lot about US law, let alone German law.
But I know that there are reputable lawyers in Germany who said it was unconstitutional. Others say it wasn't.

Verriegel sie!:D

Proof you can totally mind fuck the majority of people in any country.

Fucking lol @ you guys thinking you know what's better for other countries

Proof you can totally mind fuck the majority of people in any country.

Or maybe you're the one being mindfucked? Germany is a very nice place. Better than most places in the U.S actually. Most people there are satisfied with the status quo.

Or maybe you're the one being mindfucked? Germany is a very nice place. Better than most places in the U.S actually. Most people there are satisfied with the status quo.
Merkel's party lost about 9% of the vote so obviously some people changed their mind. That said I tend to think outsiders overrate the importance of certain issues and downplay the importance of others in national elections. In Germany I wonder if the migrant question was as relevant as non-German WRers think and perhaps something more mundane but more relevant to the average German was the driving factor behind most voters voting the way they did.

IMO the biggest issue at the moment in German politics is that there is no solid right/conservative option you can vote for that is actually interest in govern and had legit policy proposals.
And is still for the EU. A Party like the CSU or even a bit more right would be the ideal option to form a coalition with Merkel IMO.
And I think they would get a good number of votes.

CSU is by far the best party in Germany IMO.

But aren't they kind of hated outside of Bavaria ?

Many of us ITT live in Germany so we know what's up.

And no the migrant debate is quite alive and not just imagined in the WR.

A couple of hours there and I'm ready to put on a bad ass leather longcoat, climb in a Panzer and invade France!:D

Or maybe climb in a plane and bomb the shit out of the Brits until they evacuate France in a panic and crawl back on their Island with their tail between their legs ?

Back