Germaine De Randamie would rather be people's champ than have a belt

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Check that, Germaine De Runaway

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/ufc-fight-night-139-de-randamie-overcomes-internet-heros-hating

“Then, what’s some internet hero writing behind his computer about me, that doesn’t even know me and has an opinion about something they don’t even know nothing about? It is what it is. And I’m like, ‘This is worth so much more.’

“It’s a cool belt to have. I’m not going to lie. It’s beautiful. But do I care about the belt? No. I’d rather be the people’s champion than the UFC champion. Win the crowd, win your freedom, right?”

By WMMA standards GDR is one of the most entertaining fighters. Has a legit skillset.

You don't become the peoples champion by running away from challengers

UFC should give her the freedom she desires. Hope to see her bare knuckling Bec Rawlings in someones backyard real soon.

WMMA fighters get a ton of unfair shit from the fans as soon as they slightly mess-up anything, but GDR really sabotaged her career on that one and has only herself to blame.

Peoples chump.

Ducked Cyborg so hard.

Vacated a title to avoid her.

Now thats wild.

Worst champ ever candidate.

She has 25k Instagram followers. Not sure that qualifies as peoples anything

You dont become anyone's champion by ducking the only legit opponent in your division.

Even here in the Netherlands people find her a joke for how she went about after winning her title.

You can't be the People's Champion when you shamelessly duck legit challengers.

Lol wtf you become people's champ by getting robbed or showing heart, not by being a duck or winning by comitting fouls. She seems to have both beauty and brains.

Check that, Germaine De Runaway

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/ufc-fight-night-139-de-randamie-overcomes-internet-heros-hating

“Then, what’s some internet hero writing behind his computer about me, that doesn’t even know me and has an opinion about something they don’t even know nothing about? It is what it is. And I’m like, ‘This is worth so much more.’

“It’s a cool belt to have. I’m not going to lie. It’s beautiful. But do I care about the belt? No. I’d rather be the people’s champion than the UFC champion. Win the crowd, win your freedom, right?”

ezgif-5-50d2d21403.gif ezgif-5-50d2d21403.gif ezgif-5-50d2d21403.gif ezgif-5-50d2d21403.gif

LOL. Lets ignore the fact that she ducked Cyborg for a second.... .....The fact that she cheated (VERY obviously) to get the belt in the 1st place means she'll never be a "people's champ".....

Now let's not ignore her ducking Cybrog...

The fact that she is afraid to fight Cyborg means she'll never hold the belt again.

Peoples Champ? Difficult to recover from that Cyborgfiasco, very very difficult.

But she Bangs!!!! So 3 k.o.s in a row and i will maybeee forgive her.

These two statements don't mix well.
If you want to be the people's champion, you need to realize that the internet heroes, the keyboard warriors, they are part of that crowd too. And if your haters and naysayers far outnumber your fans, well sorry, then you can't really call yourself a, let alone the, people's champ.

More legit people's champ than Yoel Romero

<{cum@me}>

Back