Germaine de Randamie vs. Jorina Baars

Because Jorina was 19 or 20 years old and considered an upcoming talent and future opponent when Germaine made her switch to MMA.

Because Jorina was 19 or 20 years old and considered an upcoming talent and future opponent when Germaine made her switch to MMA.

Aight..

Well maybe in the future they could make this muay thai female fight of the century happen

Lion fight was saying someone was pitching BArlow/Time Bomb that would be a bigger female muay thai fight of the century imo.

randamie would win no matter when they would have fought, prime vs prime or whatever.

Lion fight was saying someone was pitching BArlow/Time Bomb that would be a bigger female muay thai fight of the century imo.
Its been talked about a lot in the past and nearly happened under Enfusion but didnt come off (not sure if it was issues over the weight) then nearly happened under Glory but they wanted Barlow to sign into a pretty exclusive contract with unfavorable terms. Would be a great match up which im sure will happen somewhere down the line..

Its been talked about a lot in the past and nearly happened under Enfusion but didnt come off (not sure if it was issues over the weight) then nearly happened under Glory but they wanted Barlow to sign into a pretty exclusive contract with unfavorable terms. Would be a great match up which im sure will happen somewhere down the line..
Obviously Glory wants her to commit to a few fights/the tournament they were doing instead of just giving her a direct one off opportunity at Tiffany in front of a much bigger audience than she usually fights for. If she won that'd be just build her up for Enfusion.

That's sorta the problem with signing some of the Enfusion fighters. They're "free" to fight elsewhere but some of them are also tied to like 23 fight, 5 year etc. contracts and the guys who are fighting in the leagues have ~5 fights a year committed already so doesn't leave a whole lot of room for any serious bookings from other promotions.

Last edited:
Obviously Glory wants her to commit to a few fights/the tournament they were doing instead of just giving her a direct one off opportunity at Tiffany in front of a much bigger audience than she usually fights for. If she won that'd be just build her up for Enfusion.

That's sorta the problem with signing some of the Enfusion fighters. They're "free" to fight elsewhere but some of them are also tied to like 23 fight, 5 year etc. contracts and the guys who are fighting in the leagues have ~5 fights a year committed already so doesn't leave a whole lot of room for any serious bookings from other promotions.

The bottom line is if Glory are offering a deal that locks you in to a number of fights with no guarantee of the timescale they are over its just not viable if you cant fight elsewhere.

The bottom line is if Glory are offering a deal that locks you in to a number of fights with no guarantee of the timescale they are over its just not viable if you cant fight elsewhere.
Not that I'm advocating on behalf of that kind of Glory contracts, Groenhart just said he was happy with 1 fight at a time contracts he has with Glory. He also doesn't have a 5 year deal with Enfusion making him more viable for Glory/Kunlun/whoever. But unless you know something more then there was a timescale, the tournament, which I believe was put out from the start as advancing in a fairly straightforward one event after another kind of way.

Last edited:
Not that I'm advocating on behalf of that kind of Glory contracts, Groenhart just said he was happy with 1 fight at a time contracts he has with Glory. He also doesn't have a 5 year deal with Enfusion making him more viable for Glory/Kunlun/whoever. But unless you know something more then there was a timescale, the tournament, which I believe was put out from the start as advancing in a fairly straightforward one event after another kind of way.

My understanding was that it was more than just the tournament, otherwise there wouldn't have been an issue. Hopefully though now that Barlow has more US exposure via Lionfight she will be able to negotiate better terms in the future, although personally i would rather see them fight under MT rules, whether that could happen through Lionfight im not to sure with Van Soest's history there!?

Doubt it yeah :)

Lion Fight lately doesn't seem like the best promotion at keeping or getting back fighters who have fought for them prior. To keep it related to the thread a little, for example didn't Baars sign with Bellator a while ago too?

Back