Gerald Harris gets slam KO in final fight

ryanrandy

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So Gerald Harris had his retirement fight last night in Oklahoma. In typical Harris fashion he slammed his opponent for a tko win. The guy he fought broke/dislocated his arm/elbow.

He had some of the best slams ever and was one of the most curious UFC cuts of all time.

2iszdia.gif

tumblr_op6rsdqu971ry1rm7o2_500.gif

That was fucking crazy. Why the UFC never signed this guy back is beyond me. At least he tries to do something entertaining.

So Gerald Harris had his retirement fight last night in Oklahoma. In typical Harris fashion he slammed his opponent for a tko win. The guy he fought broke/dislocated his arm/elbow.

He had some of the best slams ever and was one of the most curious UFC cuts of all time.

2iszdia.gif

tumblr_op6rsdqu971ry1rm7o2_500.gif

That arm looked bad. Really really bad.

That was hardly a slam KO. More of a fluke injury. Fuck did it ever look painful though.

That was hardly a slam KO. More of a fluke injury. Fuck did it ever look painful though.
Injury? Yes. Fluke? Nope. That's what the man does. He just spikes dudes.

Would have loved to see the UFC give him a longer leash. Terribly underrated fighter.

Yikes, that looked nasty. That wasn't a KO, he mangled him.

Congrats to Harris, I hope he enjoys his retirement.

was he the guy in the recent tuf?

retired twice already

was he the guy in the recent tuf?

retired twice already
Nope, he did fight on an older season of TUF though. Think he got subbed by Amir Saddolah, the eventual winner. Never forgot his first ko slam, just a beastly way to win a fight. Awesome way to end a career too. I mean his own, not the guy he wrecked.

If I recall it correctly Harris got fired after an atrocious third round in his loss vs Falcao (who later fuckes his own career). Prime exemple of the UFC brass' short temper, firing a guy after one bad showing to set an exemple and instead losing out on an entertaining fighter. There may have been contract disputes or something Im not aware of, but a pretty absurd cut in hindsight.

Danm good for him , nasty injury tho hopefully the other dude recovers fast

If I recall it correctly Harris got fired after an atrocious third round in his loss vs Falcao (who later fuckes his own career). Prime exemple of the UFC brass' short temper, firing a guy after one bad showing to set an exemple and instead losing out on an entertaining fighter. There may have been contract disputes or something Im not aware of, but a pretty absurd cut in hindsight.

Definitely 20/20 now, falcao is a fucking psycho. Don't blame Harris for playing it safe against that moron.

Wasn't that the fight where the round went on too long? I remember there being a controversy over the ending.

Wasn't that the fight where the round went on too long? I remember there being a controversy over the ending.

I do recall something like that as well, but probably not the third because literally nothing happened there - Falcao coastee and Harris didnt dare to engage. Falcao really looked like a world beater that night, then he fucked up badly. I dont know if that featherweight who he got involved in the gas station brawl ever recovered.

Back