Georges St-Pierre's lawyer calls UFC contract ‘something out of the 1940s,' cautions UFC ‘won't get

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
"I've done a lot of work in sports. When I read that contract, I was blown away by how restrictive it is," Quinn said.

"They're basically tying him up for life. They have no rights and they own all of his licensing and all the other things. It's unheard of in the other professional sports. And they won't get away with it forever."

"He notified them earlier this year that he was ready to fight again," Quinn said. "He wanted to arrange for the terms of the fight, and that did not happen in a timely fashion. They were required to actually schedule a fight, the time and place with a bout agreement, and we gave them -- because there's a 10-day notice period in the contract, in the old contract -- we gave them the 10 days to do that, and they didn't do it before the time period. And therefore we terminated the contract."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/...awyer-calls-ufc-contract-something-out-of-the

UFC is a C-level organization run by powerhungry and greedy people.

What else is new.

Fight this to the end GSP.

I'm with you all the way.

They may be stupid and have terrible contracts, but they can afford lawyers too. Watch this get dragged out forever.

Remember when Fedor said the same thing?

This battle is just going to add to GSP's legacy.

"They were required to actually schedule a fight, the time and place with a bout agreement, and we gave them -- because there's a 10-day notice period in the contract, in the old contract -- we gave them the 10 days to do that, and they didn't do it before the time period. And therefore we terminated the contract."​

interesting. seems too simple. i sure would love to read it in context.

GSP sits out three years and thinks the UFC has to confirm a fight with him in 10 days. Ok Georges. You're still relevant. You seem like a straight shooter. I am sure every other promotion is just itching to do business with you.

"I've done a lot of work in sports. When I read that contract, I was blown away by how restrictive it is," Quinn said.

"They're basically tying him up for life. They have no rights and they own all of his licensing and all the other things. It's unheard of in the other professional sports. And they won't get away with it forever."

"He notified them earlier this year that he was ready to fight again," Quinn said. "He wanted to arrange for the terms of the fight, and that did not happen in a timely fashion. They were required to actually schedule a fight, the time and place with a bout agreement, and we gave them -- because there's a 10-day notice period in the contract, in the old contract -- we gave them the 10 days to do that, and they didn't do it before the time period. And therefore we terminated the contract."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/...awyer-calls-ufc-contract-something-out-of-the
I would love to see on of these contracts. I am amazed at how much control they have over "independent contractors". I've used plenty of IC's to subcontract consulting work and I couldn't control them for shit unless I wanted to have them declared 1040 employees and get taxed up the ass.

Now we know why T-Wood feels the racism.

I doubt it's as clear-cut as the lawyer is making it sound, especially given his statement on how restrictive the contract is. That said, if there is such a clause, it doesn't sound like the UFC has much room to say the old contract is binding.

Yea his fans love long drawn out encounters that end in a judge's decision.
you-re-good-o.gif

Back