Georges St-Pierre would've outstruck a prime Anderson Silva

If Anderson hadn’t been juicing nobody would even mention him in the same sentence as GSP.

eq0w63yk1dvz.gif
Lol and what do you prove by posting a GIF of him getting punched by a career juicer in Chael?

Nearly all of Anderson's top wins have come against convicted or admitted PED users. He was fighting on a level playing field.

Basically went 9 years without a real loss. MW GOAT

<{silvanormal}>

GSP on his best night absolutely molests Anderson on the ground while avoiding getting hit much on the feet.

Probably 30% of the time Anderson pulls off a spectacular finish imo.

Anderson would've probably utilized his muay thai as well. I definitely don't see that fight ending in GSP's favor, especially in terms of striking.

I agree with the thread starter

If Sonnen was able to do it GSP could have also

Love Anderson but i believe he's been overhyped. The first real wrestler he faced sent him to the hospital. The second ended his career.

Hendo and Sonnen?

Hendo was a classic example of a wrestler who fell in-love with his punching power. Worked out well for his career, just not that fight against AS.

Have you seen that fight before? Go watch the 1st round and get back to me.

Hendo and Sonnen?
To be fair, Silva hasn't really been the same since the first Sonnen fight. I think people underestimate the beating Chael put on him. Both Vitor and Okami were insanely cautious when fighting him afterwards. And Sonnen fell down all by himself in the second Silva fight.

GSP's road to victory vs Silva would have been the takedown..If these 2 met in their prime it would have come down to whether GSP could take and keep Silva on the ground otherwise Silva picks him apart standing.

I'm an eternal GSP nut hugger, I'm canadian and I'm nostalgic of the good old days but I'll never go as far as saying GSP would outstrike Silva.

GSP would have use is jab/kick/takedown game and would have score takedowns at will. The threath of the takedown would have give him a couple of good stif jabs and leg kicks but with very few good exchanges from GSP.

Anderson was a beast, he was creative, super strong in the clinch, he was clowning around to make you attack... Back in the day you were always a few seconds from being ko'ed by him.

Seeing AndRoid fans discrediting the Real GOAT is sad , android lost to the first fighter who was not flat footed(The Chris) and well rounded , GSP beats him 10/10

Anderson was 38 years old when he got beat by Weidman.
Nobody has done what Anderson has done. His list of accomplishments, records, title-defenses and his highlight-reel are unmatched in MMA.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Ok look I'm not saying that GSP would've beaten Silva in a kickboxing match or anything (I actually think GSP wouldn't have been that impressive in a pure striking match against a lot of guys he outstruck in MMA), but what I am saying is that if the two fought in their primes, GSP would've gotten the better of him on the feet because of the takedown threat + GSP just being a better MMA fighter.

I believe that if GSP and Anderson fought in 2009, GSP not only would've won, but would've mopped the floor with Anderson. This is because:

1. No way in hell Anderson stops GSP's takedowns
2. No way in hell Anderson subs GSP off his back
3. GSP's underrated MMA striking, in conjunction with his GOAT level changes and reactive takedowns, would've made it so that Anderson was too hesitant to throw much with fight-ending intent, and it would've neutralised Anderson's leg kicking game because GSP was one of the best at catching kicks.

GSP is far from the best pure striker, but this isn't kickboxing, and effective MMA-adapted striking is the only thing that matters in the Octagon.

GSP's GOAT jab, which would've been a great weapon to use against Anderson:

GSP knocking down prime Alves with a cross thrown with perfect technique:

GSP catching Condit's leg kick and taking him down, which undoubtedly would've happed against Silva:

GSP bless
Too bad GSP didn’t have as much faith as his fans

GSP wasn’t KOing fighters at his weight class, but he’d survive five rounds with prime Silva?

Good ol Imaginary Fighting Championships, with gifs against welterweights as if that proves a point.

You just want people to argue with your imagination.

Lol at Dozer showing up immediately for damage control
I know we joke about nuthugging, but I honestly beileve this Dober guy would give Silva the best BJ hes ever had LOL

GSP would end up face first KO’d if he pressed the issue on the feet.

Well he had the chance to prove it but didn't so.

Prime Andy KO's GSP.

Prime GSP tapped to strikes to LW 69” reach Matt Serra. Prime GSP was sent to retirement by 69” inch Johny Hendricks. GSP has a 76” inch reach and still got wrecked.

The only fighter GSP fought who had good wrestling, good striking, and wasn’t a LW (Hendricks) retired him.

GSP ducked Woodley, Whittaker, and Lawler for a reason. GSP’s striking only looked good against one dimensional fighters and LWs.

Anderson would have wrecked him within a round. GSP ran away from this superfight for a reason.

Prime Silva on the juice got dominated for 24 minutes by Lord Chael, who lost to Tito.

Its too bad GSP didn't feel the same way.

GSP rarely fought opponents with his reach or greater. And everytime it was close, he had moments of getting stunned on the feet.

GSPs Goat jab vs a lefty is practically worthless, look at the Hendricks fight and how little that jab mattered. Its naturally checked by Andersons lead.

GSPs reactive takedowns are harder to hit against someone who fights at a longer range, because Anderson doesn't need to move forward to land. GSP is the one who has to move forward to land, and he has never shown skill in that department.

Would've loved to see it. I kind of agree with u but we'll never know.

Back