Georges St-Pierre wants to hand Khabib his first UFC loss

Lost all respect for GSP as a fighter... ducked his title defense and now cherry picks fight at LW.

Fight Woodley at WW.

Georges, love you man. But you need to step up and fight Tyron.
Why do you guys keep saying this? Woodley would be a huge lose/lose fight for GSP. It wont help his legacy if he wins, and only hurt his legacy if he loses.

GSP whut abt woodley? GSP is ajoke. came back for weakest MW ever and now wants to bully Khabib who never faced a top 5 except Conman.

Lost all respect for GSP as a fighter... ducked his title defense and now cherry picks fight at LW.

Fight Woodley at WW.
Wood would maul this fool so he wants nothing to do with woodley GSP is a joke.

Fuck off BSP. They aren't giving him anything after he buttfucked them after beating Bisping.
And if they do

FIRE SEAN SHELBY!

GSP aviouding Wooley like the plague and that his division. What as sissy.

Why do you guys keep saying this? Woodley would be a huge lose/lose fight for GSP. It wont help his legacy if he wins, and only hurt his legacy if he loses.
Are you fucking kidding me? Tyron has done more at WW than anyone since GSP. This would cement his status as the WW GOAT for another decade. If Woodley keeps winning, one will have to question.

I'm sure he would be thrilled about retaining his one of two divisional championships.
He shouldn't have retained it that night.
well when your as good as gsp you get that privilege.

also gsp made it very clear even before he fought bisping that any fights he took had to be worth his time and to add to his legacy, going back to ww and winning or attempting to win the belt for a third time is pointless.

Winning another belt at lw to be a 3 division champion would add to his legacy, or fighting kahbib even for no belt in hopes of giving him his first loss that would be adding to his legacy, fighting someone like tyron at ww wouldn't do anything for his legacy simply because tyron isn't much of anything, fans just hype him up because he's the only recent ww that has done well as champion but in comparison to gsp or hughes i don't believe tyron is remotely close to being mentioned amongst those two.

lets face the facts, tyron has 4 title defenses, and 2 of them from the same opponent which one was a draw so not a win technically, and then he fights maia rated as the worst ww title fight ever, and breaks records for least strikes/activity...when you've done what gsp has done, you kind of earn that right to cherry pick or fight whoever or whenever you want.

I don't see fans complaining about brock lesner that gets immediate title shots when he doesn't deserve it, that's still cherry picking who will fight who.
I'll complain. That's bullshit too. Anyone who holds up a division, keeping the real contenders waiting, is an asshole.
Wouldn't winning the welterweight title again be good for his legacy?

Stopped reading after this.

Huge GSP fan here. But it looks like he wants to fight everyone except the guy who's done the most in the division he dominated for years. You say Tyron isn't a draw? Bullshit. The UFC could sell the shit out of this fight.

Not a fan of Tyron, but he's a tough out for anyone.
Tyron would be a tough fight for GSP. LIkely another war like his Henderson battle and maybe not getting the controversial nod this time.

That said GSP taking the MW and LW belts does far more for his legacy than another win in the division he is already GOAT in. Not saying it would not be a big win but the MW and LW belts re bigger. People always criticized GSP for not going up while cheering on those who did and won two belts. A third belt is unprecedented.

Are you fucking kidding me? Tyron has done more at WW than anyone since GSP. This would cement his status as the WW GOAT for another decade. If Woodley keeps winning, one will have to question.
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see that fight, but thats exactly my point - GSP IS the WW goat and a top 3 goat contender. Fighting Woodley will do nothing for him - it is a very dangerous fight with no pay off. If GSP beats Woodley people will say "ahh Woodley wasn't as good as we thought, GSP need to fight Whittaker" and so on, and if GSP loses people will say GSP was never that good. As I said it is a lose/lose fight for GSP.

And GSP has earned the right to take the fights he want, he does'nt owe anyone anything.. If he just want super fights, I am happy with that, as long as I get to watch him fight.

He shouldn't have retained it that night.
I'll complain. That's bullshit too. Anyone who holds up a division, keeping the real contenders waiting, is an asshole.

Wouldn't winning the welterweight title again be good for his legacy?
He is already WW GOAT. He can gain nothing with that fight, and lose everything.

How is it cherry picking? kazaam is heavier and I believe the same height.
I thought kabib was the greatest ever?
GSP would put a stamp on khabibs ass, then ride off into the sunset as the GOAT
Unless Woodley was waiting in the sunset.

In which case GSP would ride into the sunrise.

Are you implying that Khabib is a tougher fight than Bisping?

Yes, very much so.. not sure if Bisping was even top 10 material, clear not top 7 or 8.

Khabib nr. 1 and it's at LW so this won't be easy like the cherry picking on Ducking. Not saying who wins just that it's not an easy fight it will be really hard and competitive.

That said GSP taking the MW and LW belts does far more for his legacy than another win in the division he is already GOAT in. Not saying it would not be a big win but the MW and LW belts re bigger. People always criticized GSP for not going up while cheering on those who did and won two belts. A third belt is unprecedented.
Cutting mad weight and fighting a champ in a lower weight class don't impress me much. A dominant champ is supposed to move up to challenge himself (which he did). GSP isn't pulling a Roy Jones Jr by going after smaller fighters.

And GSP has earned the right to take the fights he want, he does'nt owe anyone anything.. If he just want super fights, I am happy with that, as long as I get to watch him fight.
GSP can do whatever he wants. But his choice will be judged by his fans. Ducking Tyron, and jumping up and down to avoid fighting him is just that, ducking, is not a good look.

Just my two cents...

Yes, very much so.. not sure if Bisping was even top 10 material, clear not top 7 or 8.

Khabib nr. 1 and it's at LW so this won't be easy like the cherry picking on Ducking. Not saying who wins just that it's not an easy fight it will be really hard and competitive.
Bisping definitely had a larger frame than GSP and he fought all comers. The count was no slouch.

Prime GSP is a bad fight for Khabib in the sense of being the more effective striker and having great defensive wrestling. I'm certainly not saying Khabib is a bad striker, but I think he's a bit more of a meat and potatoes striker who, like GSP, benefits phenomenally from being able to dictate the terms of the fight with his grappling. Khabib takes guys down and beats the hell out of them and drains them so that they are far less effectual standing than they otherwise might be. Fatigue takes away much of the danger from these on paper superior strikers.

GSP worked his takedown game very effectively too but was also really good commanding the range with his jab and the kicks from distance.

Nowadays, who the hell knows. GSP is clearly still good enough to compete a high level but eventually you reach the age where you just don't have it to the same extent and different guys hit that moment at different points. GSP could show up old and far less strong and Khabib could muscle him around. When Hendricks got St.-Pierre down, as rare of an occurrence as it was to see GSP fight off his back, Georges could not regain his feet (round 4).

Khabib is still very much in his prime and one of the best fighters in the world. But GSP poses interesting challenges for sure.

Obviously ducking Woodley. Wanted (weak) champ in a weight class above and now champ in a weight class below the division he fought every one of his pro fights in except one. I can't buy the excuse that the Woodley fight wouldn't sell. That's about the only one that he could make as to why he doesn't want that fight. The only other explanation is he knows it's a terrible stylistic fight for him (exceptional TDD and a ton of power) and doesn't want to risk that L on his record.

Back