Georges St-Pierre wants to hand Khabib his first UFC loss

Doesn't make him the goat. Not even close.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think that anybody is going to be able to make that claim unless they're on top as long as GSP was.

However, my point is that blaming Woodley for the Thompson fights is BS, especially considering how WB's fights have gone since then.

Fuck this shit. LW has been held up for years because of McGregor. Now, GSP gets to do the same?
LW would not be held up by GSP. It would be a legit title defense. If GSP won he would likely vacate and fully retire allowing for an immediate new title contest likely between Khabib and Tony, so again, no hold up.

But again if the UFC does not want it, I am good with that. Its their fight to make or not!

Bisping was a top guy at MW whether you like that or not. Not always in the top 5 but always threatening and jumping in and out and he won the MW title by KTFO a very legit MW champ. When GSP beat him Bisping was at the peak of his game, on his best run of his career, and was the legit MW champ.

People used to give Anderson a ton of credit for stepping up and fighting Forrest, who was KTFO one fight earlier and starting the skid to end his career and did not hold any belts. So Ya GSP deserves credit. Had Gastelum got to Bisping first and KHTFO and then GSP beat him, one fight removed from the belt and starting his losing skid then GSP's win over Bisping would have been similar to Anderson's over Forrest. Instead it is way bigger.

But yes as fighters retire or are running up to retirement they absolutely do look for legacy or fun fights and that is ok.

He was the beltholder, but not the best in the division by any stretch.

Dude has impaired vision. His "good eye" is actually worse than the one that Belcher destroyed.

GSP lobbied to fight him after he nearly got KO'd multiple times by 45 year old Hendo, who had no business fighting for a title, and then absconded from the division.

I'm sorry, but that does shit for GSP's legacy in my book.

Bisping was a top guy at MW whether you like that or not. Not always in the top 5 but always threatening and jumping in and out and he won the MW title by KTFO a very legit MW champ. When GSP beat him Bisping was at the peak of his game, on his best run of his career, and was the legit MW champ.

People used to give Anderson a ton of credit for stepping up and fighting Forrest, who was KTFO one fight earlier and starting the skid to end his career and did not hold any belts. So Ya GSP deserves credit. Had Gastelum got to Bisping first and KHTFO and then GSP beat him, one fight removed from the belt and starting his losing skid then GSP's win over Bisping would have been similar to Anderson's over Forrest. Instead it is way bigger.

But yes as fighters retire or are running up to retirement they absolutely do look for legacy or fun fights and that is ok.
Bisping legit champ, top guy... Are you kidding me, right?

You got a point citing Forrest, but doesn't change the fact that Bisping always was a totally nobody.

1405881367939.jpg

Guy beats Darren Till, Demian Maia and embarrasses himself vs Thompson and people call him the goat lol.

I'm completely convinced that any fan who claims Woodley is GOAT has been a fan for a short time. Anyone around during the WW dominance of GSP knows it's a laughable comparison.
He knocked out Lawler aswell. Its a insult to dominate fighters to call GSP pointfighting for dominance. Bigg riggs ran GSP ass out of the sport and for the record I think Hendricks won that fight.

GSP will not fight someone where he is at a disadvantage. If there is any he wont take the fight.

I like GSP but was never a big fan because this has been his whole career.

LW would not be held up by GSP. It would be a legit title defense. If GSP won he would likely vacate and fully retire allowing for an immediate new title contest likely between Khabib and Tony, so again, no hold up.

But again if the UFC does not want it, I am good with that. Its their fight to make or not!

Did this nonsense make any sense in your head before you typed it?

Sure, we're delaying the big fight between the consensus top two fighters in the division that everybody has been waiting for years for a pointless money fight with a semi-retired guy who's likely to vacate the belt if he wins, but that's not really holding up the division.

He knocked out Lawler awsell. Its a insult to dominating fighters to call GSP pointfighting for dominance. Bigg riggs ran GSP ass out of the sport and for the record I think Hendricks won that fight.

Hendricks is fighting on some bareknuckle bum fights for 3k while GSP has gone down in MMA history as the greatest WW of all time and one of few men to capture a title in two weight class.

Next time you visit Big Rigg's hole in the wall dump of a restaurant (if it even exists anymore which is doubtful), say hi for me.

I’m a gsp fan, I hope he just retires.., if he does venture to 55, I’m actually slightly favoring khabib in a back and forth night.

Hendricks is fighting on some bareknuckle bum fights for 3k while GSP has gone down in MMA history as the greatest WW of all time and one of few men to capture a title in two weight class.

Next time you visit Big Rigg's hole in the wall dump of a restaurant (if it even exists anymore which is doubtful), say hi for me.
I will...but if you ever catch GSP hiding from Woodley show him this picture please.

usatsi_7560759.jpg

He was the beltholder, but not the best in the division by any stretch.

Dude has impaired vision. His "good eye" is actually worse than the one that Belcher destroyed.

GSP lobbied to fight him after he nearly got KO'd multiple times by 45 year old Hendo, who had no business fighting for a title, and then absconded from the division.

I'm sorry, but that does shit for GSP's legacy in my book.
Ya you're an idiot.

Bisping was on the best win streak of his career over the best run of opponents culminating with KTFO one of those 'top guys' you say he was not.

Bisping was always fringe Top 5 and in that position for longer than many of the other top guys.

The MMA pundits the Ranking Agencies and all who matter give GSP huge props for stepping up and taking that MW belt so your 'book' as a Shertard is pretty meaningless.

Anderson cherry picked a just KTFO Forrest and in a win it did lots for his legacy. Aldo at his prime tried to get ex LW title holder Sherk so he could add a 'former LW Champ' to his resume and then turned down Florian as he did not have the ex-champ factor. So yes, fighters pick and choose when they look to fight outside their division but at least GSP fought the MW champ unlike Anderson with Forrest and what Aldo tried to do with Sherk.

No one is calling Bisping the MW GOAT but he was a good MW with the belt on his best career run over his biggest name opponents when GSP finished him.

Bisping legit champ, top guy... Are you kidding me, right?

You got a point citing Forrest, but doesn't change the fact that Bisping always was a totally nobody.
Nonsense.

Bisping hung around the MW Top 5-10 longer than anyone else in the division outside Anderson, I think. He had been a consistent top guy in the division since his drop to MW. His only loses in the division were to the legit top 5 guys, usually guys in the top 3. He knocked off a bunch of guys many thought could crack into the top 5.

i know guys do not like Bisping for his mouth, but to deny his consistency at the top of MW is pure folly when his record shows otherwise.

I will...but if you ever catch GSP hiding from Woodley show him this picture please.

usatsi_7560759.jpg

I'm sure he would be thrilled about retaining his one of two divisional championships.

GSP vs Khabib at 165 would be ideal, no title on the line, just a superfight for non-USADA'd GOAT (Jones is the overall GOAT).

No need for either of them to cut too much, Khabib would probably be better cardio wise as well.

GSP stuffs him and touched Kebob with teh jab at will. 50-44 GSP, with a few doubles thrown in.

Back