GEORGES ST PIERRE VS LUKE ROCKHOLD AT MW?

Why is there a need to base the setup for a hypothetical matchup off of misinformation? GSP hasn't danced around anything. He told the UFC upfront he had an eye injury that needed to be corrected with Surgery and his time frame was fall. .[/QUOTE

on what do you base this claim?

how would you know he told the UFC he needed surgery before the press conference, and if they knew it would be delayed til next fall,

why hold the conference?

he claimed he was in tip top shape.

Luke would be the clear favorite. A upset loss to Bisping doesn't change the fact that he is still one of the top MW currently.

Why did u put all caps except at?
lol...as usual. Why do poeple like you nit pick at a threads presentation rather than discuss the topic. Lol do you ever ask yourself, "Why am I here on an MMA forum?"

the bigger guy by being bigger.
Kinda like how Anderson lost to the bigger Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar and James Irvin. Oh wait...

btw I thought everyone's GOAT GSP could have beaten Anderson Silva once upon a time if i do recall

Rockhold by anything he wants. Still the best MW in the world, IMO.

Why is there a need to base the setup for a hypothetical matchup off of misinformation? GSP hasn't danced around anything. He told the UFC upfront he had an eye injury that needed to be corrected with Surgery and his time frame was fall. Just because he didn't tell the public and his opponent that at the beginning doesn't mean anything. GSP wants to fight Bisping at MW for the title. Bisping wants to fight GSP. UFC held a press conference announcing the fight despite there being no date and no bout agreement. GSP hasn't wavered at all so how is he dancing around and not committing?

Hypothetically Rockhold vs GSP I see Rockhold winning. I am a huge GSP fan but I think skill wise he and Luke are close and the size advantage tips the scale in Luke's favour. I also don't see how getting kicked once in your career makes you have a Tendency.
....wtf....Who are you supposed to be Mr. Logic? Whats wrong with playing along with everyone else. Hypothetical...a cool match up....DO you remember GSP and a prime Anderson was the hot topic fight to make once upon a time?......... But Luke is too skillful, Silva wasnt...? Its a thread, a discussion, an opinionated fun topic "what if" question you obviously have a problem contributing to and are taking way too seriously lol. Whatever

Luke would avoid the takedown and out scramble GSP. GSP wouldn't be able to control Luke. Luke would then go on to dominate the striking led by his powerful kicks.

WHO WINS THIS FIGHT IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN NOW at 185 pds?

Former MW champion Luke Rockhold is still currently looking for a big fight ASAP. GSP keeps dancing around the fight options he has, but for some reason just wont commit to one.....Georges has never fought at middleweight and he’s been out for four years.

I would pick Luke in this fight and would predict the same type of outcome as Luke vs Weidman since Luke is the bigger guy and GSP tends to be open to high kicks (as Condit dropped him with a high kick) and Luke throws some great kicks. I can see either a head kick TKO or ref stoppage on the ground.

discuss?
----------------------------------------------
Think GSP never takes that fight.
Think he would get smashed.

Easy win for Luke and GSP would never accept that fight.

Rockhold would absolutely kick his ass.

Y'all are forgetting some important aspects Georges brings to the table Rockhold doesn't have

1. Riddum
2. Ape Technique
3. Jew Jif Shoes

Confidential sources confirm he's training with Shoney Carter to get the pimp hand back.

Kinda like how Anderson lost to the bigger Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar and James Irvin. Oh wait...

btw I thought everyone's GOAT GSP could have beaten Anderson Silva once upon a time if i do recall

Yea Silva actually had a weakness in takedown defense and GSP was taking down very good wrestlers in Koscheck, Fitch, etc. Rockhold doesn't have that weakness. I mean Chael Sonnen took down and dominated Silva for 4.5 rounds.

Styles make fights. And it's not like Griffin, Bonnar, and Irvin were great fighters. Griffin was the only one who was top 10. Those fighters were hand picked by Dana as he knew they weren't wrestlers and wouldn't try to take Silva down.

Jeez that's a rough fight for gsp. Not only style wise, but physically.

....wtf....Who are you supposed to be Mr. Logic? Whats wrong with playing along with everyone else. Hypothetical...a cool match up....DO you remember GSP and a prime Anderson was the hot topic fight to make once upon a time?......... But Luke is too skillful, Silva wasnt...? Its a thread, a discussion, an opinionated fun topic "what if" question you obviously have a problem contributing to and are taking way too seriously lol. Whatever
I have no problem with a thread "Hypothetically GSP vs Luke" but it is the bashing of a fighter based on ignorance. Why is GSP or any fighter open to be criticized for things that TS just makes up? fantasy fight thread is fine but no need to bash a fighter going into it, especially when the basis for the criticism is false.

Back