Georges St-Pierre: PED users should be removed from GOAT list

”With people, they think it’s only affecting strength and conditioning and stuff like that,” St-Pierre said. “No, it doesn’t. It’s not only recuperation — it changes the person entirely. It makes him a better athlete. And yes, I think they should be removed from the [GOAT discussion].”

“It’s very hard to say that because a lot of people, they work hard. We know if they got caught once or twice, but we don’t know if they’re all taking it for all of their life or not, so it’s a hard topic to say. It’s not black or white. It’s grey.”

”I’ve trained with them, and you could see a huge difference,” he said. “Like, when you grapple with them, it’s not even the same guy. It’s like if you’re taking two different human beings. It’s completely insane.”

“Just look at the difference with some of the — I’m not saying any names, because I don’t want to attack an individual, I want to change the system — just look at the difference with some people. Look, I remember there was a fight between two opponents, and one guy said, ‘Oh, it’s not the performance-enhancing [drugs] that threw the kick. It’s me.’ Actually, it’s not true. That’s the performance-enhancing drugs that threw the kick, because you wouldn’t have thrown the kick [like that] if you would have not taken them. You know what I mean? So to give you an example, it makes you more creative, it makes you more hungry. It changes the physique. Also, not only the physique, it changes the mind of the person.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Agree or disagree?
why'd GSP quit fighting? seems kind of odd he'd retire right when the USADA show'd up

You have yet to prove it doesn't go away. The onus on on you dummy. You're accusing him, not me. Prove it doesn't go away. Give me breakdowns of the HGH gut you claim to see in all the photos it clearly isn't there. You can't. All you have is your stupid assumption. Lol too easy is right.
We see his Gut all of the time, you made the claim it "magically disappears" go prove this

oh wait you can't!

"I'm not saying any Jon Jones name but Jon Jones" - GSP

Btw agree with him

Those USADA bitches thought they could catch Greasy like Silva & Jones.

Rousey,never used peds,never pulled out of fights,never cheated,always made weight,several title defenses,most of her wins in the first. She should be in the conversation.

- Has the gut and body of an extreme juicehead.

You're clueless and have no idea how the gut and body of a juicehead looks.
As I mentioned, you're just a stupid troll and your opinion is irrelevant.

If PED users are removed from the goat list, who does that leave?

Cody Pfister?

This is going to be a tough thread for Jones & Silva fans to cope with.

Regardless, no matter how many times these guys piss hot, their fans will always worship them & call them the GOAT.
Um.... just because I worship Silva and call him the GOAT I don't think I ought to be spoken of in this light. Please take it back.

And I agree with Georges UP UNTIL Anderson Silva. Silva stays at the top of the list but all of Georges' other points were 100% spot on.

Like how steroids change the heart and soul of a lineage, nay, a dynasty of fighters. One man takes PEDs and a whole gym performs better. I believe it.

But not wit Silva though. Don't dis the GOAT!

If PED users are removed from the goat list, who does that leave?

Cody Pfister?

Daniel Cormier. He's been on the USADA programme longer than UFC.

GSP talks a good game but the reality is he's had one fight post USADA against Michael Bisping and it wasn't as dominant as people like to recall. He now appears to be cherry picking his next opponent.

Gsp disappeared when usada showed up. To believe 100 percent that he never used is kind of delusional.
Do you mean he had disappeared when USADA showed up, because he was retired for well over a year before UFC started using USADA?

Funny when USADA was implemented George's already left !!!!!!

Agree 100%. Even bodybuilders say when they're on test they have a better sense of well being and more confidence. So many benefits for a fighter thats why they need to implement a lifetime ban

GSP throwing some shade at Jones with the kick comment. Love it, he's 100% right. Steroids didn't land the kick, the brand new person the steroids made him did. He wouldn't have risked everything AGAIN by cheating if they weren't going to allow him to perform in a way he never otherwise would be able to. That's the whole point.

If you haven't been caught, you get the benefit of the doubt. Just how it works. Cheaters don't get to drag everyone else down with them just because they were busted.
Couldn't have worded this more perfect, thats exactly my opinion

Listen I'll give gsp the benefit of the doubt, but his reign was during usada's absence. He virtually went undefeated in a non-usada era and retired young before usada came. Except for fighting a 40 yr old upset of the year mw champ.
That's insane right! St Pierre went through a who's who of opponents when there was no USADA. Imagine what he'd do in his prime against a USADA batch of fighters, it would have been a cake walk.

Daniel Cormier. He's been on the USADA programme longer than UFC..

that literally means nothing.

he was in the olympic program. thats the best place to learn how to beat the testing. unless you think all olympians are clean?

In the olympic program not only due you get the good stuff, and get taught how to avoid the positive tests, you also make the contacts that you can then maintain after you are outside the olympic program.

Not saying cormier isnt clean, but "being in the usada program longer" is essentially utterly meaningless

agree.

now that the world knows the truth about Lance Armstrong, you have to wonder just how good the juicing fighters really were, without the juice.

Would they really have ever been able to compete at a high level without using PED's?
nope.

Back