Georges St-Pierre must face UFC contender before shot at Khabib Nurmagomedov - Dana White

Let me lay this out..

Khabib vs tony title fight

#1 Conor vs gsp
Contender top #5
Dustin vs Nate (rebook)
Lee vs al (happening)

Loser of Conor/gsp (against loser nate/Dustin) i.e. we know it'll be Conor vs Dustin or Nate. Still a huge selling fight.

Winner Dustin/Nate vs Lee/Al winner or loser of khabib /tony

Can't lose

Looks like the UFC is learning the lessons of recent fuckery (of which GSP played a part) - good

I say give GSP a really easy first fight at LW, someone like Conor, then after fight Khabib.
GSP vs Khabib would be a really interesting fight, I wonder if its 100% standup and all the wrestling gets nullified.

All of a sudden he’s a tough guy...

db987e1c510e16a3a8e129c9d5a41b24_400x400.png
Dana Brown

Looks like the UFC is learning the lessons of recent fuckery (of which GSP played a part) - good
They learned nothing.

This is Dana’s personal grudge towards GSP.

GSP left when he was one of the biggest earners for the UFC. He called them out over drug testing. Dana got pissed and will only let Conor play by his special rules.

GSP vs Tony makes perfect sense to me. I don't care how good your cardio is at 155, having a natural 205'er super man to battle is going to wear you down.

Thats Dana trying to secure 2 big gsp ppvs.

Not a bad strategy business wise

GSP vs Nate
Ya i have no issue with what Dana said, particularly if Khabib and Tony are tee'd up to go.

GSP taking a LW fight on the same card, if he was ready would be ideal. A name like Nate would be a big dollar fight and give that Khabib, Tony fight a big pay bump I am sure they would love. However won between Tony and Khabib would meet who ever won between GSP and Nate. GSP, COnor would obviously be huge but I don't think the UFC wants to risk COnor losing two in a row outside a title shot. Even with GSP.

Last edited:
They learned nothing.

This is Dana’s personal grudge towards GSP.

GSP left when he was one of the biggest earners for the UFC. He called them out over drug testing. Dana got pissed and will only let Conor play by his special rules.

Yet he let GSP come in for a gifted title shot vs the UFC's worst champ ever, Michael Pisspoor.

GSP won and then immediately 'retired' or something (further screwing a division that had already been screwed by having Pissbing champ, ducking the contenders for a year while he fought a 50+ grampa and a retired guy from a lower division)), now wants to come back for another gifted title shot for a payday. Dana understandably is getting tired of this shit and says no. I'm with Dana on that.

I don't think it's just GSP either, with Conor going down the era of the bullshit title shot seems to be on the wane. Not just about GSP (though his behaviour last time they gave him a bullshit shot certainly contributes to this as much as Conor).

Feed him Kevin or Dustin then and let's get on with this shit

The Khabib vs Tony fight has such historical significance in regards to the lineage of the division. its hard to argue the winner of this fight isn't clearly the best in the history of the weight class. GSP, I like the match up with Conor.

I don’t see why he would fight Silva to earn a LW title shot?

Maybe try making sense for once and having a civil discussion?

Let’s try again, which top 5 LW should gsp face in a number 1 contender bout?

I'm making perfect sense. You have been claiming Anderoid and GSP should fight.

I’m stating as long it isn’t that has been Anderoid I don’t really care who GSP fights

VZ8lkOs.jpg

If two-weight UFC champion Georges St-Pierre wishes to challenge Khabib Nurmagomedov for an unprecedented third title, he'll need to go through a contender first.

That's according to UFC president Dana White, who says the promotion has no interest in booking St-Pierre (26-2), arguably the greatest fighter of all time, against its undefeated 155-pound champion -- despite recent comments by St-Pierre.

"How does Georges St-Pierre jump over all the guys fighting in that division to face Khabib?" White told ESPN. "Just because all of a sudden he wants to come out and fight this guy -- he doesn't get to do that. If Georges St-Pierre is serious, listen, I'll give you a fight with one of these guys in the top five. If you win, you'll be in position for a title shot.

"We don't even know if Georges St-Pierre can make 155 pounds. You know what I mean?"

Read More: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...e-face-ufc-contender-shot-khabib-nurmagomedov

But Brock and Conor can do it? LOL

More UFC hypocrisy.. what contender did he beat at 185 to get the Bisping fight? jumped right over Whittaker/Yoel/Rockhold/Gastelum/etc at the time. They're only saying for him to take a fight now because the 155 belt seems to be all booked up for the next year or so between Khabib/Tony/Conor/Nate/Poirier/Kevin Lee/etc.

Back