Georges St-Pierre must face UFC contender before shot at Khabib Nurmagomedov - Dana White

Wait? Who are you talking about?

04-Conor-McGregor-UFC-205-Post-750x370-1.jpg
At that time Conor was very active, GSP is not right now and everyone knows he just wants to win another belt then retire again lol

That’s hilarious, given the fact that Dana White had no problem letting GSP jump ship at 185.
Because GSP promised the UFC that he would stay and defend the title if he had won, he did win and conveniently got "sick" and had to retire again lol he played the UFC real hard

It's obviously the right call. I like GSP, but it would ridiculous to let the guy just float around and fight for whatever title he wants. He's made it perfectly clear that he's not interested in any particular division; he just wants "legacy" fights. That's basically code for, "Even if I win a belt, don't expect me to stick around and defend it." He's already vacated two belts; giving him an opportunity for a third doesn't make much sense.

The only thing that makes this quote notable is whom it's coming from. Dana has already let GSP do this very thing with the MW title, and Conor is consistently allowed to do whatever he wants. But the fact that Dana is a raging hypocrite doesn't mean he's wrong in this instance.

GSP vs McGregor #1 contender fight @ Cowboys stadium

Dana White is correct here. By making GSP fight a contender he is also milking a fellow for one more fight; GSP is always on the verge of retiring. Mcgregor is different since he generates way more cashflow and White just needs to get him in any card just to sell.

If it were true then good, fuck GSP's antics and cherry-picking. Unfortunately it's Dana so GSP will be fighting Khabib as soon as possible.
Cherry picking?
Khabib is the champ and the best guy in a tough division.
but I still think Tony should get the shot since he was interim champ and has a huge string of wins.

"How does Georges St-Pierre jump over all the guys fighting in that division to face Khabib?" White told ESPN.

[/QUOTE]

UM BY HAVING 2 WEIGHT CLASSES CHAMPIONSHIPS AND THE GREATEST WELTERWEIGHT OF ALL TIME AND BY REDEEMING YOUR ONLY 2 LOSSES BY FINISHES, DEFENDING YOUR TITLE LIKE HOW MANY TIMES 8 OR 9 I CANT REMEMBER. RANDY COUTURE HAD HOW MANY TITLE SHOTS? BJ PEEN?? GIVE GSP WHATEVER HE WANTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully not has beens like Anderoid
I don’t see why he would fight Silva to earn a LW title shot?

Maybe try making sense for once and having a civil discussion?

Let’s try again, which top 5 LW should gsp face in a number 1 contender bout?

Makes sense. GSP lost his ability to just get fights when he fucked over the UFC by retiring after winning the MW belt. The UFC has to make sure that GSP won't just win the title and then retire and leave the division stuck in a quagmire for 2 years.

Of course that's what he's going to do, but at least he'll have earned a title shot, and proved he can make 155 more than one time.

If conor will take the fight he is the obvious choice. It would probably be the biggest selling ppv ever

What contender did Conor bear to get the Alvarez title fight?

Last edited:
GSP-McGregor if I believe Dana White is telling the truth.

Fuck that … If GPS wants the shot the company stands to make a billion. The fight should get make /

Back