Georges St-Pierre must face UFC contender before shot at Khabib Nurmagomedov - Dana White

That dude really hates GSP for having his own thoughts

Hope someone wises up at some point and loses these fucking dinosaurs that are holding MMA back

Replace Dana with GSP and the world will be a better place

Conor’s most recent PPV (229) did literally triple the numbers of GSP’s most recent (217), no shit he’s gonna get special treatment

GSP still does 500k more ppvs than the average champ pretty easily. He's by far the second best draw the UFC has.

I don't get why Dana hates GSP so much these days. He vacated the WW belt, but heck Dana was bashing GSP after that and saying Hendricks won. Dana should have been happy. Then sure he took the MW belt and dropped it a month later, but is that even that bad? No one looks at Whittaker as not the champ because he didn't beat GSP.

Still, Tony should get the next shot. Then do Khabib-GSP for buck 65 title.

Khabib has already laid out the gameplan how to beat Conor, GSP-Conor would be even less competitive than Khabib-Conor.
i agree 100%. I would even say chad mendes laid out the gameplan if he wasnt dead tired. I honestly think connor is gonna be pretty average against the elites from here on out but he still has 5 fights on his contract so might as well make $$$ since wins are no gaurantee and gsp does exactly that.

It's a far compromise. They already gave him Micheal Bisping. It would look bad to give a guy a back to back instant title shot in two different divisions.

IMO if It was up to me I wouldn't be giving GSP a crack at the 155 title knowing he isn't going to defend.

"How does Georges St-Pierre jump over all the guys fighting in that division to face Khabib?" White told ESPN. "Just because all of a sudden he wants to come out and fight this guy -- he doesn't get to do that.

What a fucking moron Dana is. Yeah ... how dare an incredibly decorated champion and WW GOAT ask to do something Conor gets to do literally every single time he asks?

It's a far compromise. They already gave him Micheal Bisping. It would look bad to give a guy a back to back instant title shot in two different divisions.

IMO if It was up to me I wouldn't be giving GSP a crack at the 155 title knowing he isn't going to defend.
He gives Conor title shots for no reason all the time though...

He gives Conor title shots for no reason all the time though...

I didn't think Conor deserved a crack at the 155 title. If Conor came back and wanted to fight Woodley at 170 I would be saying the same thing. At one point they were even considering it and I thought it was ridiculous.

Dana White is still offering GSP a crack at the title, he's just gotta beat one more guy.

It's a win-win from Dana's perspective, and it also just makes sense. I'd love to see that fight, but there's no good reason to give Georges two championship fights in a row when he doesn't seem interested in defending a title anyway.

If he beats Lee and then gets title shot I am fine. But jumping the line before Tony? No.

Time for GSP to stop ducking Tyron.

I understand that it's all just business, and fight promotion involves a lot of contradictions, but Dana really pisses me off sometimes.

He's such a fucking grifter with this shit. Just impossibly hypocritical at all times.

GSP still does 500k more ppvs than the average champ pretty easily. He's by far the second best draw the UFC has.
He is the third biggest draw. Medians: Conor 1.3 mil, Lesnar 1 mil, GSP 785k, Jones 450k.

funny.. Conor is still a top 5 contender in the rankings

GSP vs Conor #1 contender fight?

VZ8lkOs.jpg

If two-weight UFC champion Georges St-Pierre wishes to challenge Khabib Nurmagomedov for an unprecedented third title, he'll need to go through a contender first.

That's according to UFC president Dana White, who says the promotion has no interest in booking St-Pierre (26-2), arguably the greatest fighter of all time, against its undefeated 155-pound champion -- despite recent comments by St-Pierre.

"How does Georges St-Pierre jump over all the guys fighting in that division to face Khabib?" White told ESPN. "Just because all of a sudden he wants to come out and fight this guy -- he doesn't get to do that. If Georges St-Pierre is serious, listen, I'll give you a fight with one of these guys in the top five. If you win, you'll be in position for a title shot.

"We don't even know if Georges St-Pierre can make 155 pounds. You know what I mean?"

Read More: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...e-face-ufc-contender-shot-khabib-nurmagomedov

GSP fights Khabib next confirmed.

VZ8lkOs.jpg

If two-weight UFC champion Georges St-Pierre wishes to challenge Khabib Nurmagomedov for an unprecedented third title, he'll need to go through a contender first.

That's according to UFC president Dana White, who says the promotion has no interest in booking St-Pierre (26-2), arguably the greatest fighter of all time, against its undefeated 155-pound champion -- despite recent comments by St-Pierre.

"How does Georges St-Pierre jump over all the guys fighting in that division to face Khabib?" White told ESPN. "Just because all of a sudden he wants to come out and fight this guy -- he doesn't get to do that. If Georges St-Pierre is serious, listen, I'll give you a fight with one of these guys in the top five. If you win, you'll be in position for a title shot.

"We don't even know if Georges St-Pierre can make 155 pounds. You know what I mean?"

Read More: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...e-face-ufc-contender-shot-khabib-nurmagomedov
He understandably doesn't want GSP to ruin another division like GSP did MW

Back