Georges St. Pierre: “I'm back!”

I've seen the entirety of GSP's fight career unfold live. I was in attendance when he fought Jake Shields.

GSP, is undoubtedly, one of the more boring fighters to rule a division.

It's hard to ignore the fact that he was turning down Anderson & Robbie Lawler fights but now wants Michael Bisping & Tyron.

I completely and totally understand seeing GSP as boring. 100%.

I get just as jazzed to see Robbie Lawler and Donald Cerrone, action fighters, throw down as I do GSP. Just in different ways.

In my post I was more referencing the outright hate a lot of fightpass fans are piling on GSP. I just don't feel that a guy being boring but dominant warrants the level of vitriol we're seeing.

So you say GSP is boring but you watched his entire career like I have?? Why? Why keep watching his fights? Whether you want to see him win or lose you watch. He's a huge draw to both sides. I just don't understand why so many deny that. (Not implying you are)

I completely and totally understand seeing GSP as boring. 100%.

So you say GSP is boring but you watched his entire career like I have?? Why? Why keep watching his fights? Whether you want to see him win or lose you watch. He's a huge draw to both sides. I just don't understand why so many deny that. (Not implying you are)

giphy.gif

Because I'm a hardcore fight fan.

I don't like WMMA but I watched 208.

Fedor & Broner are fighting bums

tn but I'll watch that too. I watch fights.

I thought I was posting on a hardcore fight forum, why would you even ask me that?

When Robbie & Anderson were champs, GSP never said a word. Now that both those champions have been dethroned, he's looking to shoulder his way back to the titles. It's behavior unbecoming of a "GOAT".

Now that Anderson's over the hill

I'm sure he'll take that fight too.

I look forward to GSP performing under the USADA era too. Despite my feelings on his fight style, it will be interesting nonetheless.

Dudes boring.

Great fighter but boring, he will sell huge and everyone will just respect Conor more after because he's entertaining as fuck.

<mma4>

Dudes boring.

Great fighter but boring, he will sell huge and everyone will just respect Conor more after because he's entertaining as fuck.

giphy.gif

Because I'm a hardcore fight fan.

I don't like WMMA but I watched 208.

Broner & Fedor are fighting bums

tn but I'll watch that too.

I watch fights.

I feel like you and I have similar MOs.

That statement was more of a general observation. Not necessarily questioning why you would watch. My point is that people on the whole will want to watch him. No matter how many times people say he's boring.

And that I feel there's an inherent dishonesty in people who say "don't want" then watch the fight.

I actually don't want to watch tennis. So I don't actually watch

Really hope he fights Anderson and not for a belt.
Maia and Jacare have been screwed way too much already.

Last edited:
Sad people hate the success of others. Im happy to see if he can dominate as thoroughly as he once did. To haters become successful to ease the dark places in your black hearts.

Fuck these news.
Why ruin a legacy?

No one ever exits on top and he did, even though the Hendricks fight had an asterisk (though in the future people won't know, plus GSP doing WADA and Hendricks not was a huge BS).

And he's also one of the few to be more than set financially.
So, why?
Even more so after all those other stories....

Georges was the most well rounded fighter of his era. No holes in his game. Didn´t finish fights, but was never in any danger either. Smooth reign.

LOL Epically cheezy clip but he is a great, nevertheless. Looking forward to it.

LOL Epically cheezy clip but he is a great, nevertheless. Looking forward to it.
GSP has always been cheesy as hell. I'm glad to see he hasn't changed in that regard.

WAR Cheesy GSP!

Fuck these news.
Why ruin a legacy?

No one ever exits on top and he did, even though the Hendricks fight had an asterisk (though in the future people won't know, plus GSP doing WADA and Hendricks not was a huge BS).

And he's also one of the few to be more than set financially.
So, why?
Even more so after all those other stories....

Never been a fan but I respect him more for returning. Like you say, he's set financially. His record and accomplishments speak themselves. He doesn't need to fight. He's doing it just because he loves it, obviously.

I understand your perspective, though. Being a big fan of guys like Anderson, Fedor, and Liddell, it's hard watching them lose as they fight past their primes.'

I understand your perspective, though. Being a big fan of guys like Anderson, Fedor, and Liddell, it's hard watching them lose as they fight past their primes.'
Yep.
Let alone how depressing BJ's last fights were.

Not a massive GSP fan but guy is arguable GOAT, will watch.

Interesting to see if he still has it.

Fuck you haters that never watched a GSP card live.

Actual MMA fans are stoked.
The last 2 fights at UFC 79 at Mandalay Bay were one of the greatest moments of my life.

Georges was the most well rounded fighter of his era. No holes in his game. Didn´t finish fights, but was never in any danger either. Smooth reign.
I wouldn't say he was never in any danger. Besides his losses, obviously, the head kick by Condit came very close to finishing that fight. There might be other times he's been in danger during a successful outing for him, but that's just one example off the top of my head, or rather off the top of Georges'.
As a fan of mma, I'd like to see him return, just not injected immediately into title contention like the UFC will most undoubtedly do. Without that added pressure, perhaps we would see a looser, more relaxed GSP, who's willing to take a little more chances in his fights. I know, it's a stretch but...

Back