George W. Bush's favorable rating among liberals has pulled a complete 180

I think he'll crack the top 5. For all the embarrassment of Trump, in terms of actual actions, he might be remembered as being more inconsequential than terrible (Bush, however, is undoubtedly terrible).
Obama did well, and might be seen in an even better light if Trump fumbles the ball, due to Obama being sandwiched between two hypothetically worst candidates.

But out of 45 presidents, I wouldn't say top 5. Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Teddy, and Jefferson easily take the cake and won't be overthrown anytime soon. I would say Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ and Nixon were great presidents as well, other than Kennedy's being cut too short, LBJ's Vietnam and Nixon's corruption.

Washington (CNN)George W. Bush has turned his unpopularity upside down.

Six in 10 Americans, 61%, say they now have a favorable view of the 43rd President of the United States in the latest CNN poll conducted by SSRS, nearly double the 33% who gave him a favorable mark when he left the White House in January 2009.

His mark is lower than Barack Obama's 66% favorable rating in the same poll, but significantly higher than the 40% favorable rating for President Donald Trump.

Most of Bush's climb back to popularity came from Democrats and independents. His favorability mark among Democrats has soared from only 11% in February 2009 to a majority 54% now.

In fact, Bush holds a majority favorable rating among every demographic group but liberals -- including strong Democratic groups like nonwhites and people under 35 years old.

When it comes to Republicans, his marks are virtually the same as they were immediately after he left office. His favorability climbed from 76% among Republicans a month after he left office to 88% in a 2015 poll from CNN/ORC -- but it's fallen back down to 76% in the Trump era.

Despite the climb overall, Republican disapproval of the former president has tripled from 7% to 21% since 2015.

It's not uncommon for a president's favorability numbers to improve after leaving office. Bill Clinton's favorability climbed from 51% when he left office to 64% in a 2015 poll, though his favorable sank lower -- to 47% -- in October 2016 when his wife, Hillary Clinton, was pursuing her own White House bid. Obama's favorability has climbed from 59% shortly after Election Day to 66% now.

Bush has spoken out against the sitting GOP President a few times over the course of Trump's presidency so far.

"Our identity as a nation, unlike other nations, is not determined by geography or ethnicity, by soil or blood. ... This means that people from every race, religion, ethnicity can be full and equally American," Bush said at an October event. "It means that bigotry and white supremacy, in any form, is blasphemy against the American creed," he continued, adding that "bigotry seems emboldened."

Bush also put out a joint statement with his father, former President George H.W. Bush, in the wake of white supremacist rallies in Charlottesville, Virginia, saying "America must always reject racial bigotry, anti-Semitism, and hatred in all forms," after Trump said there was blame on "both sides" for the violence in August.

The CNN Poll was conducted by SSRS January 14-18 among a random national sample of 1,005 adults reached on landlines or cellphones by a live interviewer. No interviewing was completed on January 16 due to weather conditions at call center locations. Results for the full sample have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.7 percentage points; it is larger for subgroups.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/george-w-bush-favorable-poll/index.html
So we're believing polls again?

Libs are retarded. According to them Bush lied us into a war with Iraq where hundreds of thousands of people died. But now thats not so bad because Trump is a meanie. Complete children.

Without question the worst president of all time.
Fuck that poll. I agree. Trump is a blowhard but look at these fuckups under W: Iraq, Plamegate, Abu Ghraib and carte blanche torture, Patriot Act, Katrina response, and the death of fiscal conservatism. The sub-prime mortgage crisis was a Clinton thing and Obama and Trump continue the policies of Bush but so far neither has started anything to seriously threaten the livelihood and basic integrity of all Americans.

Isn't he your President who tried to pass laws banning gay marriage, took advice from a homophobic pope,banned stem cell research, abortion, right to die.

And basically started all the Theocracy,anti evolution/Science BS?

Isn't he your President who tried to pass laws banning gay marriage, took advice from a homophobic pope,banned stem cell research, abortion, right to die.

Yup....more reasons why he is the worst of all time.

Yeah, because Mexican civilians are so on the up and up in regards to their government's corruption and leadership. ;)

But I agree, about 1/4th of America is retarded.

Mexico is filled with stupid people too, also here in Mexico we hate our ex-presidents more and more as time goes on.

And while our presidents tend to be despicable people, its hard to find someone who has done as much evil as GWB.

Now that standard, shitty conservatism has metastasized into Trumperism it's easy to look back on the Bush era and see it as awful but comparatively sane. I'm sure I'll feel the same about Trump 20 years from now when the Republican party is run by people like Richard Spencer.

It could be that compared to what we currently have, he seems like Abraham Lincoln.

Now that standard, shitty conservatism has metastasized into Trumperism it's easy to look back on the Bush era and see it as awful but comparatively sane. I'm sure I'll feel the same about Trump 20 years from now when the Republican party is run by people like Richard Spencer.
W lied us into a war we're still entangled in 15 years later.
A war that has killed over a million people and cost the US over 6 trillion dollars.
Thats not even including the negative reverberations it caused, directly or otherwise, in the region.
Trump is an unmitigated disaster who is more incompetent and less patriotic, but he's not a patch on the failure W was.

Still the benchmark for shit Presidents. Trump is as incompetent, and much more annoying, but he hasn't dragged us into any military quagmires yet. Benefit of the doubt.

Because people are feeble minded. Dubya is a war criminal and so far, Trump has done nothing that comes even close to the atrocities that Bush Jr is guilty of but because he doesn't tweet provocatively and use a very colorful language, he is more liked.

Which just goes to show that innocent Iraqis' lives are worth far less than a tweet.

Yup, but he didnt take advice from the pope he had a mega church evangelical pastor advising him and that pastor turned out to be a closet homo.

Obama was one of the best presidents ever. People will start to realize that more as time passes.

To say something like this is completely ignorant. The man promoted racism, supported hate groups, promoted violence against police, celebrated the life of Mandela, murdered Gadafi, and spent 10 trillion. He is also responsible for destroying our healthcare.

Obama did well, and might be seen in an even better light if Trump fumbles the ball, due to Obama being sandwiched between two hypothetically worst candidates.

But out of 45 presidents, I wouldn't say top 5. Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Teddy, and Jefferson easily take the cake and won't be overthrown anytime soon. I would say Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ and Nixon were great presidents as well, other than Kennedy's being cut too short, LBJ's Vietnam and Nixon's corruption.

Reagan is top 5. Arguably #1

George W Bush fucked up the world so bad that even Donald Trump still had to fix his mess.
It took 2 Presidents to restore the country after George Bush annihilated it.
He will never get a free pass from the American people.
This is #fakenews

Back