George R.R. Martin's NIGHTFLYERS (Cancelled)

Update: July 19, 2018

Full Trailer for George R.R. Martin's Sci-Fi Horror Series NIGHTFLYERS on SyFy

I feel like I've seen that a hundred times already. A series? Sounds painful, tbh.

I can't say why, but it really made me think of Helix season 1.

Looks like every other cookie-cutter, derivative, cliched, horror sci-fi movie we've seen in the last 40 years. Super meh. Getting a strong Pandorum, Sphere, Sunshine, Event Horizon vibe from this.

Oh and like everyone else said. It's Syfy.

Last edited:
That trailer did absolutely nothing for me. Looks like ass.

Looks like every other cookie-cutter, derivative, cliched, horror sci-fi movie we've seen in the last 40 years. Super meh. Getting a strong Pandorum, Sphere, Sunshine, Event Horizon vibe from this.

Oh and like everyone else said. It's Syfy.

Syfy has had some quality shows

Like others have said The Expanse had a big budget and was very well done and Helix was alright.

I really wish that it being on SyFy didn't subconsciously add a certain stank to the project.

It looks alright, but when the Syfy logo comes up, my expectations immediately go down. I go from "Looks pretty good", to "Oh' shit, it's on Syfy"

So this is the bullshit he's doing instead of finishing Winds of Winter...a book that's been delayed since 2011.

Finish your fucking book motherfucker before i skull fuck you

This is going to be a miniseries right?

I dont see how they can do more than one season of this unless it is stupidly slow burn like that show Helix which got cancelled.

Slow burn only works if you have many stories to tell, and have expansive uni like GOT. If everyone and everything is based on a single ship, then you are screwed. Its going to be so boring.

So this is the bullshit he's doing instead of finishing Winds of Winter...a book that's been delayed since 2011.
it's never coming

"If I were really cynical I would start some medieval sword and sorcery thing, say it's a trilogy, then keep writing it for the rest of my life." -GRRM in 1981

anigif_enhanced-17342-1415732765-6.gif

Guys, nightflyers was written in the 80s. Calm the hell down. This had nothing to do with SOIF not being finished.

Update: November 21, 2018

Watch the First Five Minutes of George R.R. Martin's NIGHTLYERS on Syfy

Is something he was doing instead of finishing A Song of Ice and Fire?

This MFCS better finish ASOIAF ASAP or I'm gonna be PTFO

I’m missing Winds of Winter for THIS????
Guys, it’s over. We will never see the end of this wonderful series as written by GRRM. Even if this fatso manages to finish Winds of Winter we will never see A Dream of Spring. He’s already confirmed (like there was any doubt) he’s had massive trouble wrapping up his current work on the newest book. It’s just not going to happen. I just wish he wouldn’t have gotten sour towards the end and swallowed his pride to work more closely wrapping up the HBO series instead of leaving Dumb and Dumber to free hand the end of such a great story. I know people will say “he doesn’t owe us anything, just appreciate the story he’s given is so far!”. To that I say... how would you feel if you were getting the most amazing blowjob and halfway through it the girl stopped and decided she was too fucking lazy to bring it to completion. You’d be a bit irritated, right?

I know people will say “he doesn’t owe us anything, just appreciate the story he’s given is so far!”.

How do you start telling a story without finishing it?

While spending your time doing a thousand other things?

This has been on his plate for twenty-two years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... He got lost in the minutia and is trapped in his own maze. He doesn't know the way out.

Is something he was doing instead of finishing A Song of Ice and Fire?

He is bored with it. So much of his life has been wrapped up in it and he already knows how it will end. Why finish it?

Back