George Groves vs Chris Eubank Jnr - Saturday 17th February

what?

froch threw over 1000 punches against kessler and averaged around 800 over 12 rounds in the super six

i doubt eubank jr threw over 600 against mw bjs
Froch might have thrown over a 1000 vs Kessler but he only landed 25% of his punches which is pretty low. Froch (http://www.insidehboboxing.com/inside/2014/5/27/compubox-analysis-carl-froch-vs-george-groves) ONLY (still a lot) threw 573 vs Groves while
Eubank threw 751 punches vs Abraham. Yes Eubank threw less vs BJS but that's hardly surprising given the hit and move tactics BJS was employing, certainly in the first half of the fight.

Groves most likely Imo, he isn't worn down like AA...

My pick is Groves, he has his flaws, but Chris Euband isn't exactly battle proven against top fighters at SMW.

Media Question: "what do you think your opponent will do if he loses?"

Groves: "He'll probably blame his dad and move back down to Middle Weight"

lol

I've got Eubank Jr. by decision. He has a chance to take Groves out late, but I think Groves will make it the distance.

I'm going to try and watch it live.

Been a fan of Groves for awhile. Eubank is good though.

I've been following the WBSS a bit, watched the Usyk vs Breidis fight a couple of days ago along with the Gassiev/Dorticos fight, two great bouts. I was disappointed in Usyk though, but I guess Briedis is a pretty good Boxer to draw Usyk into a fire fight like that.

Gassiev really impressed me. Good close range Boxer that can pivot well and move.

Anyway, very interested in Eubank vs Groves. I think the winner of this wins the SMW tournament.

Looking fwd to it. Just saw its on rnd 930am on normal fox sports in aus. I'm on groves, think his size will worry eubank jnr and he is used to shows of this size

I'm going to try and watch it live.

Been a fan of Groves for awhile. Eubank is good though.

I've been following the WBSS a bit, watched the Usyk vs Breidis fight a couple of days ago along with the Gassiev/Dorticos fight, two great bouts. I was disappointed in Usyk though, but I guess Briedis is a pretty good Boxer to draw Usyk into a fire fight like that.

Gassiev really impressed me. Good close range Boxer that can pivot well and move.

Anyway, very interested in Eubank vs Groves. I think the winner of this wins the SMW tournament.

Gassiev definitely had the tougher test, imo Gassiev would destroy Breidis within 8 rounds, yes Usyk is more cautious but I think he made a meal out of a guy much smaller than him.
Dorticos on the other hand is as dangerous if not more so than Usyk, one clean shot to the jaw and Dorticos can have you in all sorts of trouble so the fact Gassiev took everything he had for 6 rounds before he switched things up and started to go on the hunt impressed me massively.

Gassiev has a head like Freddy Flintstone, hard as a rock, he became one of my favourite boxers after that match, proper warrior throw back.

Gassiev vs Usyk should be a war, I'm favoring Gassiev.

Gassiev definitely had the tougher test, imo Gassiev would destroy Breidis within 8 rounds, yes Usyk is more cautious but I think he made a meal out of a guy much smaller than him.
Dorticos on the other hand is as dangerous if not more so than Usyk, one clean shot to the jaw and Dorticos can have you in all sorts of trouble so the fact Gassiev took everything he had for 6 rounds before he switched things up and started to go on the hunt impressed me massively.

Gassiev has a head like Freddy Flintstone, hard as a rock, he became one of my favourite boxers after that match, proper warrior throw back.

Gassiev vs Usyk should be a war, I'm favoring Gassiev.

Yeah I was well impressed with him against Dorticos. Had usyk winning this at the start but for the reasons in your post in now favouring gassiev as well

Gassiev really impressed me with his performance which was exemplary. But I think he did well because his opponent was fairly limited though good at what he does. Dorticos just gave the same look all night against Gassiev and he's been pretty effective with it up until now.

Usyk is an entirely different proposition. If Usyk can avoid getting dragged into a brawl with Gassiev I think he can out box him by using movement. Gassiev doesn't seem that quick on his feet so he may struggle to find Usyk as long as Usyk doesn't stand and trade with him. I think Usyk has another level to him and we'll see that vs. Gassiev.

Booth had an acrimonious split from Groves and Froch (god love him) has a horrible tendency to tow the Sky line even when he doesn’t seem to believe it (and clearly Jnr is a promotion dream for Sky).

The fight isnt on Sky, so i have no idea what that is in reference to

Seems strange to come in almost a pound under when you’ve had to cut so hard.

Its probably because when your cutting, you really have to make sure your under and will make weight, you don't want to be panicking and trying to cut for a re-weigh in.
Chris on the other hand comes in bang on because he's practically walking around at that weight.

I wrote a short piece on the Groves vs. Eubank Jr showdown this weekend, where I tip Eubank Jr to cause a stoppage late on.

Surprisingly, even as the bookies' underdog, Groves is being backed to edge this one by a large stable of ex-pros, including Hatton and Malignaggi.

On the other side of the coin we have Frotch - who has sparred a solid number of rounds with the Eubank clan - backing the Brighton lad to take victory.

Frotch questioned Groves' durability and doubts his endurance after 6 rounds. I have to side with the former champ on this one...

Eubank Jr to finish Groves within rounds 7-9. Here are my thoughts in full, feedback welcome : )

Just bought this on PPV.

General view is Groves is heavier, and will use his jab to win by decision.

I hope Eubank KO's him inside 6 rounds.

Back