Gennady Golovkin vs. Jermall Charlo.

I don't know how you can be confident in picking a guy who has never faced elite competition. The only guy with a pulse is Trout and he won a 7-5 type fight.

Charlo is going to be the same as Francis Ngannou. A guy who looked like a monster against meh competition, then loses when he faces the top guy. Then those same people will go onto say "well he never beat anyone great anyway, he was green".

People said Lemieux could KO Golovkin. Believe it or not, people said Brook would outbox Golovkin. And people said Danny Jacobs could stop Golovkin. It's the same shit over and over. Golovkin isn't losing a fight until he starts to show true aging.
To be fair, you are doing the same thing by being confident that he will lose to elite competition.

To be fair, you are doing the same thing by being confident that he will lose to elite competition.

I never said that. I said he will lose to the top guy in Golovkin, who has faced elite competition.

We can only go off what we have seen. Obviously we don't know what will happen. Charlo has done nothing to show he would certainly beat Golovkin. He's beaten one good fighter who is not elite. The rest are mid level guys. I think Charlo could cause problems for Canelo but I think he would be soundly outboxed by Jacobs and Saunders. Styles make fights. Charlo is not going to come in and blast Golovkin out of there. That is playing right into Golovkin's strength.

I'm still not completely sure what to make of Charlo just yet. He's a good boxer-puncher who has done well forcing the issue and punching with guys in the pocket as of late, but I'm not sure if he's showcased the boxing skills and power to significantly trouble, let alone beat Golovkin. At the very least I think he needs another step up fight even before he faces the likes of Jacobs.

I'm still not completely sure what to make of Charlo just yet. He's a good boxer-puncher who has done well forcing the issue and punching with guys in the pocket as of late, but I'm not sure if he's showcased the boxing skills and power to significantly trouble, let alone beat Golovkin. At the very least I think he needs another step up fight even before he faces the likes of Jacobs.

This.

He could lose the next 5 by KO or become the GOAT of boxing, we don't know. Based off what I've seen, he looks good but not great. His only test was against Trout who is a solid fighter, but nowhere near elite. He beat him in a competitive fight. I don't know where these claims of him beating Golovkin come from. I would like to see him fight Jacobs.

Because Golovkin has been less and less effective in recent big fights (vanes doesn't count). I've watched a lot of boxing over the years and you can see the signs of a guy kind of losing a few steps. Just my opinion. I think Golovkin probably loses the next time he fights someone young and athletic.
He went from Monroe jr, Lemieux, and Wade to Brook, Jacobs, and Canelo. Quality of opposition might have more to do with it than age.

For whatever it's worth, the last 2 guys he faced were the best fighters he faced. The boxing world thought he soundly beat Canelo, who was on PEDs btw. He also beat Danny Jacobs who is viewed as an elite MW. Personally, I think Jacobs beats any MW aside from Golovkin.

I agree he isn't in his full prime, but he is still the top guy.

This. It's silly to say he looks like he's losing a step but not take into account that he was fighting the best competition he's ever fought. Of course he's going to look more ordinary but he still beat both guys. The Canelo result was a joke.

I can see it. Charlo got a bit more of a mean streak in him than Jacobs. Jacobs could have won if he had just a little more of that.

Jacobs would have gotten knocked out if he wasn't on his bicycle.

Both Canelo and Jacobs have shown that the only way to beat GGG is to box him and punch hard enough to get his respect. Going toe to toe is suicide.

Both Canelo and Jacobs have shown that the only way to beat GGG is to box him and punch hard enough to get his respect. Going toe to toe is suicide.

True, I don't disagree. I think Jacobs could have been a little more aggressive tho, even if while going backward. I guess it is risking being KOed/going for the win or just being content. I wish we had some knowledge about Jermall's chin.

I wont be surprised if sometime in the near future puts a shot on the chin puts Golovkin to sleep.

That ironman style shit only lasts so long and then the chin just falls off a cliff.

That said, still not a game Id want to play with GGG lol.

Last edited:

Lmao. Nevermind. You aren't worth a response beyond a smilie {<jordan}

Side question related to GGG. Being around your people and/or hearing rumors, do you know if Floyd ever seriously entertained the idea of fighting GGG? I seem to remember about 2 years ago, when Canelo was seemingly ducking G, Floyd had mentioned it after the Berto fight.

Nah. Floyd asked for 100 million plus ppv 80/20. I honestly don't think Floyd ever was serious about it. GGG is too big. Floyd knows this. Even if Gennady had agreed to that (which would have been crazy) Al wouldn't have let him take the fight

Nah. Floyd asked for 100 million plus ppv 80/20. I honestly don't think Floyd ever was serious about it. GGG is too big. Floyd knows this. Even if Gennady had agreed to that (which would have been crazy) Al wouldn't have let him take the fight

i think prime ggg wouldve taken the split and the risk of being drained at 154. if hes not drained prime golovkin just steamrolls floyd just the same as spinks wouldve steamrolled hagler

Lmao. Nevermind. You aren't worth a response beyond a smilie {<jordan}

Says the most biased poster on this board. Why don't your guy to stop yammering about how great he is because he survived GGG and move him up to 168 where he belongs?

Says the most biased poster on this board. Why don't your guy to stop yammering about how great he is because he survived GGG and move him up to 168 where he belongs?
How come no one ever mentions fighting Danny? Its not the $. We all know hes got coin backing him.

i think prime ggg wouldve taken the split and the risk of being drained at 154. if hes not drained prime golovkin just steamrolls floyd just the same as spinks wouldve steamrolled hagler

I think it would look a lot like the JLC fight. Gennady is a smarter fighter than people give him credit for. He'd be cautious of Floyds check hook

Lmao. This is fucking hilarious. I won't be taking any advice from some can off a message board.

By all means tell me who you have worked with and/or managed

I'll anxiously await

How come no one ever mentions fighting Danny? Its not the $. We all know hes got coin backing him.

Nobody wants to fight hin. It's the same as people talk shit about Deontay and Eris

He's way too big. Only thing is that nobody walks through Floyd. He's got the best ring IQ I've seen in this era. Second would be Morales but he always wanted to go to war. His first fight with Pac was a masterpiece

Back