Gennady Golovkin’s Neck Training

it is just nuts, the guy is unstoppable
#ForKhanToWatch

As someone who once had a bulging disk in my C5 --- ouch! I don't know if that kind of exercise is good or bad in the long run.

how did you hurt yourself?
Not sure; probably a combination of going hard at the gym and/or shoveling snow during after a huge blizzard. It really screwed me up for a while, but I was lucky that I didn't need surgery. Even now a couple years after the worst of it, my arms will start to tingle if I sleep in a bad position.

I've always wanted a stronger neck but avoided doing bridges and stuff for the same reason. I heard you can mess up your neck that way.

But the exercises that he's doing here don't seem too traumatic. I would not do that one where he's using his chin to lift his whole body, but the exercises against the ropes and those head lifts off the side of the ring probably will make you stronger without hurting your vertebrae.

Remember George Chuvalo saying his spent a ton of time on stuff like this.

Remember George Chuvalo saying his spent a ton of time on stuff like this.
yeah apparently he wanted to be built like a football player. I heard him say he chewed alot of bubble gum too lol. btw nice quote on JCC.

yeah apparently he wanted to be built like a football player. I heard him say he chewed alot of bubble gum too lol. btw nice quote on JCC.

Not sure Chuvalo was way behind the times or way ahead but it seemed to work out for him considering how limited he was both offensively and defensively.

Fair play to you, I think you're the first person to mention the JCC reference since I put it there a year or two ago.

Not sure Chuvalo was way behind the times or way ahead but it seemed to work out for him considering how limited he was both offensively and defensively.

Fair play to you, I think you're the first person to mention the JCC reference since I put it there a year or two ago.
he's in pretty good shape for a guy with limited defensive skills tho dont you think?

he's in pretty good shape for a guy with limited defensive skills tho dont you think?

Absolutely and he's a testament to a more subtle approach to defense. I think he was way better than my post made it sound.

Back