Genius corner advices

I guess we won't see any footage of BJ Penn's corner?

Edmund should of been in that video at least once.

My favourite is when a guy is getting mauled on the ground, and his corner is yelling “get up!”

My favourite is when a guy is getting mauled on the ground, and his corner is yelling “get up!”

To be fair, at this point a well trained pro fighter should know what to do in that situation lol.

I'm usually not "that guy" but there are three words in the title and two are incorrect lol.

It's just advice not advices.

It's even stated that way in the video.

Baroni in Coleman's corner vs Shogun before the start of the 2nd round.

"YOU'RE A FUCKING LEGEND"

The best comes from the corner of GSP

GSP "I hurt my groin"

Jackson "I don't care! This is how champions are made! Fight on it and HIT HIM WITH YOUR GROIN"

To be fair, at this point a well trained pro fighter should know what to do in that situation lol.
Yes, but I’m sure that getting up crosses your mind when you’re getting wrecked!

Ables truijihos corner vs Khabib.

(About 10 tds in the first round)

"Don't let him take you down" repeated about 8 times and almost literally nothing else is said.

(About 10 tds in the second round)

"Don't let him take you down" repeated about 18 times and iirc literally nothing else is said.

(About another 10 tds in the 3rd).

Watch that fight and i don't think you could refute it being the worst corner advice ever given.

Here's DJ's corner screaming at him to get an armbar. Doesn't even fall in the top 50 good things Hume has said, but fun to listen to.

Nah. That is when you really need your cornermen to give you instructions, and a well trained pro-fighter should be able to follow them

Once the damage has accumulated and you are tired, your brain will start playing tricks on you, because it is trying to preserve itself. That is when you need cornermen, who can give you step by step instructions on how to get out of those types of situations.

The difference between the elite and the really good fighters, is that the elite fighters can still hear the cornermen and follow their instructions when they are deep in waters, because of their conditioning and preparation.

Back