General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - November, 2017

Fight confirmed or?

Not confirmed, but at those odds I'm willing to let a few units sit. I can just cash out at a profit when the line dips if I want to.

Lots of speculation as well:

DW says its on, Whittaker needs a fight as he is near healed up and IC vs. Champ makes sense. There's a PPV card in Australia next Feb. Lots of smoke but no fire as of yet.

Not confirmed, but at those odds I'm willing to let a few units sit. I can just cash out at a profit when the line dips if I want to.

Lots of speculation as well:

DW says its on, Whittaker needs a fight as he is near healed up and IC vs. Champ makes sense. There's a PPV card in Australia next Feb. Lots of smoke but no fire as of yet.
I saw lines on uk books few days ago but all gone now unfortunately

UFC getting into boxing it looks like. I watch boxing and bet on boxing, but I feel pretty ambivalent about the UFC putting boxing on their MMA cards using MMA fighters if that's what they intend to do. I hope any Zuffa Boxing business is done as entirely separate cards using actual boxers, not UFC fighters having a boxing match just because. I would not want to see that at all. : http://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/dana-white-ufc-getting-into-boxing-100-percent

Aldo just tweeted that he's ready for a rematch with Max. I'm not for having immediate rematches when the former champ gets finished but with Aldo's tenure at the top of the division/p4p rankings plus the lack of available fighters at the top of the division, i definitely think that fight should be made versus any other option (which, most likely, involves Max being pulled from the card and waiting for another fight)

Helwani saying Swanson is front runner to be replacement. Lol @ that. If they don't go with Aldo, at least get weird and pull Zabit from China to fight Max or some shit.

It's amazing how many of the guys drifting in he Top 10 Max has already beat. And beat handily.

I'm just so pissed. Max was gonna be my largest bet of the year.

Helwani saying Swanson is front runner to be replacement. Lol @ that. If they don't go with Aldo, at least get weird and pull Zabit from China to fight Max or some shit.
Swanson. Jesus.

Man. Fuckin Max essentially cleaned out the division before he became champ

Most fun fight card of the weekend- Copa Combate Tournament, a old school eight-man one night bantamweight tournament where the winning fighter has to beat three opponents in one night to win a $100,000 prize, live from Cancun, Mexico this Saturday November 11th on NBC SN in English & Telemundo in Spanish:

Cruz out of Riveira fight with broken arm. :(

Most fun fight card of the weekend- Copa Combate Tournament, a old school eight-man one night bantamweight tournament where the winning fighter has to beat three opponents in one night to win a $100,000 prize, live from Cancun, Mexico this Saturday November 11th on NBC SN in English & Telemundo in Spanish:

Any idea what time, and if lines will be offered?

Any idea what time, and if lines will be offered?
There have never been lines for Combate cards, so I don't expect that to be any different this time. Would be pretty hard to handicap eight international bantamweights from seven different Latin American countries anyway. I just posted this because I like one-night tournaments as a change of pace and because I think it could be entertaining to watch. The quarter-final fights are supposed to stream on TelemundoDeportes.com in advance of the semi-finals and final live with English commentary on NBC SN at 11:30 PM EST Saturday evening November 11th with a Spanish simulcast on Telemundo.

Copa Combate Feature Fights:

115 lbs.: Melissa Martinez vs. Gloria Bravo
105 lbs.: Sheila Padilla vs. Lisbeth Lopez Silva
135 lbs.: Levy Saul Marroquin vs. Alejandro Abomohor (alternate bout)
135 lbs.: Felipe Vargas vs. Jose Calvo (alternate bout)

Copa Combate Tournament Fighters:

135 lbs.: John “Sexy Mexy” Castaneda (14-2)
135 lbs.: Ricky “El Gallero” Palacios (9-1)
135 lbs.: Marcelo “Pitbull” Rojo (12-4)
135 lbs.: Carlos “Lobo” Rivera (10-2)
135 lbs.: Mikey “El Terrible” Erosa (12-5)
135 lbs.: Marc “Lufo” Gomez (20-10)
135 lbs.: Andres “Doble A” Ayala (11-4)
135 lbs.: Kevin “El Frio” Moreyra (4-1)

It's amazing how many of the guys drifting in he Top 10 Max has already beat. And beat handily.

I'm just so pissed. Max was gonna be my largest bet of the year.
Same here, Max already was my second largest bet ever after Mayweather... Got it at -200 also which I thought was a great price

There have never been lines for Combate cards, so I don't expect that to be any different this time. Would be pretty hard to handicap eight international bantamweights from seven different Latin American countries anyway. I just posted this because I like one-night tournaments as a change of pace and because I think it could be entertaining to watch. The quarter-final fights are supposed to stream on TelemundoDeportes.com in advance of the semi-finals and final live with English commentary on NBC SN at 11:30 PM EST Saturday evening November 11th with a Spanish simulcast on Telemundo.

Copa Combate Feature Fights:

115 lbs.: Melissa Martinez vs. Gloria Bravo
105 lbs.: Sheila Padilla vs. Lisbeth Lopez Silva
135 lbs.: Levy Saul Marroquin vs. Alejandro Abomohor (alternate bout)
135 lbs.: Felipe Vargas vs. Jose Calvo (alternate bout)

Copa Combate Tournament Fighters:

135 lbs.: John “Sexy Mexy” Castaneda (14-2)
135 lbs.: Ricky “El Gallero” Palacios (9-1)
135 lbs.: Marcelo “Pitbull” Rojo (12-4)
135 lbs.: Carlos “Lobo” Rivera (10-2)
135 lbs.: Mikey “El Terrible” Erosa (12-5)
135 lbs.: Marc “Lufo” Gomez (20-10)
135 lbs.: Andres “Doble A” Ayala (11-4)
135 lbs.: Kevin “El Frio” Moreyra (4-1)
I could be wrong but I think 5d had it once

finding tape for one is not fun. Could not find shit for a few of them or like 1 fight from years ago, might do small double on moraes and nguyen but that is it

suzuki could go in the treble also actually against alex silva

I saw lines on uk books few days ago but all gone now unfortunately
Assume we're talking about the GSP/Whittaker line. Paddypower still got it up if so. Don't think the fight ever happens though.

Back