General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - May, 2017

the hendrics that won at 165 in college could miracuoulsy show up but im thinking the one that went tooth and nail with lombard and lost to thompson, gastelum and magny is the one that we will get.

Wait, I thought Boetsch was going to take him down. Hendricks still took Magny down at will, and Kelvin just boxed him up. Boetsch can't do that to anybody, and we all know he can't do anything close to what Wonderboy did. Chubby or not, Hendricks has some of the best takedown defense in the UFC, and Tim Boetsch is Tim Boetsch

And I'll have to watch it again but I thought Hendricks took the decision from Lombard pretty clearly.

I told you that I'd make a side bet with you as to whether or not Tim will get a take down on Hendricks. I dont plan on betting on the outcome of that fight other than maybe the over if the odds are decent

i dont konw why you care so much about a prop bet. the fight is one month away and if the td happens it happens. johhny is eventually going to end up on the ground because hes going to be the much smaller man

hes a 170 and is only fighting at 185 because he doesnt have the discipline and metabolism to make ww anymore.

20170219090816_GettyImages643011654.JPG

i dont konw why you care so much about a prop bet. the fight is one month away and if the td happens it happens. johhny is eventually going to end up on the ground because hes going to be the much smaller man

hes a 170 and is only fighting at 185 because he doesnt have the discipline and metabolism to make ww anymore.

20170219090816_GettyImages643011654.JPG
I care about the prop bet so much because you feel so confidently that Tim will take him down while I think there's a very small chance of it happening. Why not make a wager on it? For what its worth, Tim's size is probably going to make it harder to take Hendricks down

Wait, I thought Boetsch was going to take him down. Hendricks still took Magny down at will, and Kelvin just boxed him up. Boetsch can't do that to anybody, and we all know he can't do anything close to what Wonderboy did. Chubby or not, Hendricks has some of the best takedown defense in the UFC, and Tim Boetsch is Tim Boetsch

And I'll have to watch it again but I thought Hendricks took the decision from Lombard pretty clearly.

statistically, the fight was close and couldve gone either way

what does neil magny have to do with tim boetsch?

prime lombard never had 185 ufc success...and usada lombard was far from prime when he fought hendricks. it was essentially two 185s fighting that could no longer make 170

i really dont know why anyone would take anything positive at hendricks having a close fight with a previous 40-year-old ped user that was brutally kod in his last two fights

and that video...thats horrible. why would they even post that?

I care about the prop bet so much because you feel so confidently that Tim will take him down while I think there's a very small chance of it happening. Why not make a wager on it? For what its worth, Tim's size is probably going to make it harder to take Hendricks down

why would tim, probably having 15-20 pounds moremuscle on him, make it harder for him to take johhny down?

why would tim, probably having 15-20 pounds moremuscle on him, make it harder for him to take johhny down?
muscle doesn't mean shit when the guy you're fighting is a much better wrestler than you are

statistically, the fight was close and couldve gone either way

prime lombard never had 185 ufc success...and usada lombard was far from prime when he fought hendricks. it was essentially two 185s fighting that could no longer make 170

i really dont know why anyone would take anything positive at hendricks having a close fight with a previous 40-year-old ped user that was brutally kod in his last two fights

and that video...thats horrible. why would they even post that?

I remember it being pretty clearly Hendricks, but I'll have to watch it again.

But you act like all this somehow makes his wrestling worse and Boetsch's better. If you like stats, Boetsch has recorded takedowns in 2 of his last 9 fights, against Samman and Brad Tavares. Boetsch will gas himself out trying to wrestle with Hendricks, so I doubt he even really tries.

I don't know why anyone would extrapolate so much negative out of a 30 second video of a guy in the middle of his workout, a month away from the fight. He's got a gut now, but I wouldn't doubt that he's in better shape for this fight than his past few at 170 because of the weight cuts

But you act like all this somehow makes his wrestling worse and Boetsch's better. If you like stats, Boetsch has recorded takedowns in 2 of his last 9 fights, against Samman and Brad Tavares. Boetsch will gas himself out trying to wrestle with Hendricks, so I doubt he even really tries.

I don't know why anyone would extrapolate so much negative out of a 30 second video of a guy in the middle of his workout, a month away from the fight. He's got a gut now, but I wouldn't doubt that he's in better shape for this fight than his past few at 170 because of the weight cuts

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...Updates-117345#johny-hendricks-hector-lombard

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/a5d24caed8afbeef

boetsch statistically did about the same against lombard...a prime, five years younger and in all likelihood ped lombard who was not coming off back-to-back brutal ko losses

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/b6620177ac975ff2

Ok take my bet. You pick the amount

why do you continue to care so much that i believe boetsch is eventually going to end up on top and gnp hendricks?

nobody here cares

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...Updates-117345#johny-hendricks-hector-lombard

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/a5d24caed8afbeef

boetsch statistically did about the same against lombard...a prime, five years younger and in all likelihood ped lombard who was not coming off back-to-back brutal ko losses

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/b6620177ac975ff2

I have no idea what point you're trying to make with this. But again if you love stats, Boetsch is much bigger than Lombard; didn't see Lombard get taken down.

I just feel like you're putting way too much stock in fightmetric and a short workout video man

muscle doesn't mean shit when the guy you're fighting is a much better wrestler than you are

olympic wrestler dan henderson has a total of two takedowns in his last 10 fights.

perhaps hendricks will be in better shape at 185 than 170...i disagree

okay?

manuwa vs volkan ufc 214

feel like volkan will be the dog again. predicting manuwa to be 1.65 and volkan maybe 2.27

I have no idea what point you're trying to make with this. But again if you love stats, Boetsch is much bigger than Lombard; didn't see Lombard get taken down.

I just feel like you're putting way too much stock in fightmetric and a short workout video man

why are you comparing a 39-year-old non ped lombard coming off two brutal ko losses to a 34-year-old lombard who was probably on peds and never been stopped before

the same lombard that went full-on with prime barnett two years earlier for 32 minutes

these are two entirely different hector lombards just the same that the 185 hendricks that exists today is entirely different than the 165 hendricks that wrestled in college

Brian Camozzi against Alan Jouban... seems to me as if the UFC wants to get rid of both Camozzis asap

took some lee sub +580 .. i really think that's gonna end in a RNC one way or the other...

no lean either side, so lee paying more? sure, i'm in

shlemenko looking softer than usual? halsey seems to be in great shape.

Back