General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

You touch on it quickly but I think too much is made of the potential of weight cut issues with Max. Hell, if Khabib can figure it out, anyone can. As a bettor, how far should we go when considering factors like these what-if's that may or may not occur outside the fight itself? Like using weigh-ins to judge a fighter.... All seems a little pointless to me.

I think Ortega is a bit overrated myself...too many hail mary's for my liking. We might look back on -130 (etc.) and think how big of a gift it was.

Great breakdown, keep 'em coming.

I cap Max at -160ish i think. Ortega has shown he has the ability to win fights anywhere but it feels like he also loses 80% of the fight until he finishes.

Max will have the boxing edge and cardio (I think?). Ortega doesnt have great takedowns or even push to initiate the clinch, Max should be able to win the exchanges and keep it on the feet at his preferred distance. But as we have seen Tcity is never out of a fight...

You touch on it quickly but I think too much is made of the potential of weight cut issues with Max. Hell, if Khabib can figure it out, anyone can. As a bettor, how far should we go when considering factors like these what-if's that may or may not occur outside the fight itself? Like using weigh-ins to judge a fighter.... All seems a little pointless to me.

I think Ortega is a bit overrated myself...too many hail mary's for my liking. We might look back on -130 (etc.) and think how big of a gift it was.

Great breakdown, keep 'em coming.

that's just it. they are only potential issues and given that i cap holloway as a more significant favorite, i'm willing to take my chances at -130.

that's just it. they are only potential issues and given that i cap holloway as a more significant favorite, i'm willing to take my chances at -130.

For sure. It's was more of a broad, general question of where to start/stop when it comes to taking into account factors on picking a side.

i'm doing a liddell/ortiz breakdown article. this is a disaster trying to guess how these guys will look, especially chuck

Had to play a unit on Brunson at +290

Think that line is is a little out of hand

Early CW Odds

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 4.05.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 4.05.04 PM.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 20
I'm not familiar with Rubino,but Proctor is +133, no mistake?
Probably a mistake but they don’t void usually, sham hit it then it got taken down for a while. 1.6 proctor now but betway have him much much lower

mineev's cardio is atrocious and has never faced a good wrestler.

Mineevs cardio is a question. But He is coming off a 3rd round stoppage, hopefully he is making improvements. He got laid on by Falcao, but Mineev did drop him twice in the first round, and Falcao is a big dude, (he avenged that loss btw)

But, Mineev does have advantages in the striking. size and youth departments. He trains with Dagestan wrestlers, and imo he grappling is improving.

But my real question is what has Ismailov done to deserve to be the favorite? He's beaten no one. He faded when he lost to XFP (Mineev beat XFP) And he has barely fought since. I'm not that impressed by the alcantara KO.

I'm just wondering if im missing some info about this dude.

Probably a mistake but they don’t void usually, sham hit it then it got taken down for a while. 1.6 proctor now but betway have him much much lower
I tried hitting it but was limited to a whopping $2.69.

Line is now -250

FNG lines (on DAZN) and Fight Exclusive Night lines

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.53.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.53.16 AM.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.53.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.53.49 AM.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 14
Isaev + Abassov 1.89 1u
Gniadek + Grabowski 1.7 1u
I don't expect many upsets. May be Zukhurov, but don't like his price. Eminov is hyped a lot but Egoyan isn't good enough. Ismailov is hyped too, but he is a tough matchup for Mineev.

Isaev + Abassov 1.89 1u
Gniadek + Grabowski 1.7 1u
I don't expect many upsets. May be Zukhurov, but don't like his price. Eminov is hyped a lot but Egoyan isn't good enough. Ismailov is hyped too, but he is a tough matchup for Mineev.
On the same isaev double, bet at home shit the bed and made the double 1.5 10 minutes after it got bet

Back