General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

Would love Norwood to pull the upset. I actually parlayed him with Stallings and Storley itd.

Norwood rd 1 I think.

But close. He had a lot of top control but not a ton of damage. But Wells didn't do a ton either. One sub attempt.

Wells pretty clear rd 2. Better striking, hit a TD of his own (got reversed then but then back to feet and again finished the round better).

1-1 imo, 3rd round decides it. But rd 1 was very close.

Oh damn, 5 rounder. Norwood still alive.

Norwood is gassed. Wells dominates rd 3. Spends most of round in mount. Not a lot of damage though.

2-1 Wells.

Wells another dominant rd. Norwood needs a finish, but has zero gas left in the tank.

Wells just mauled him for another 5 minutes. Norwood as tough as they come.

Wells another dominant rd. Norwood needs a finish, but has zero gas left in the tank.
Thanks for your updates and thanks again for everyone pointing out Stallings!

Nice little profit here and on Bellator as well. I'm of to bed, ciao!

Parlay of Sabanti Stallings Wells paid +235. Shoulda bet more.

edit: Wells not graded yet. longest I've seen a dimes wager not get graded.

Last edited:
Went 100% on Bellator and then 2/3 on CES. I figured Norwood would tire out Wells, but it was the opposite! Good night overall though.

This is totally random and in the wrong forum: don't care because I really only post here and don't want to go look through the grappling forum to see if people are talking about it (and even if they were I don't post there and am not going to start). So, basically, I'm f'ing posting it here and too bad LOL.

I was listening to the Luke Thomas show and evidently there's a grappling event coming up (I don't follow the grappling world like I used to when I trained) Kasai Pro 3 and the featured match is Craig Jones vs Rousimar Palhares. Was supposed to be at 185. Evidently a few days ago it was very evident that Palhares would not get to 185. So they instead went to Jones who agreed to up the weight limit to 200. They weighed in yesterday...and the organizers came out and said "Welp, how about we just make this bitch an openweight match." Palhares weighed in at...218.

I mean, I'm trying to think if there has ever been a more unabashed cheater in combat sports from a consistency standpoint. In a way you almost can't even be mad at Palhares anymore. The guy is basically like "Listen dipshits, you know what you're getting with me. I'm gonna cheat and try to gain an unfair edge in every situation. As long as you keep paying me to show up for shit (MMA, grappling, whatever), this is on YOU, not me."

I honestly don't think Palhares is right in the head.

This is totally random and in the wrong forum: don't care because I really only post here and don't want to go look through the grappling forum to see if people are talking about it (and even if they were I don't post there and am not going to start). So, basically, I'm f'ing posting it here and too bad LOL.

I was listening to the Luke Thomas show and evidently there's a grappling event coming up (I don't follow the grappling world like I used to when I trained) Kasai Pro 3 and the featured match is Craig Jones vs Rousimar Palhares. Was supposed to be at 185. Evidently a few days ago it was very evident that Palhares would not get to 185. So they instead went to Jones who agreed to up the weight limit to 200. They weighed in yesterday...and the organizers came out and said "Welp, how about we just make this bitch an openweight match." Palhares weighed in at...218.

I mean, I'm trying to think if there has ever been a more unabashed cheater in combat sports from a consistency standpoint. In a way you almost can't even be mad at Palhares anymore. The guy is basically like "Listen dipshits, you know what you're getting with me. I'm gonna cheat and try to gain an unfair edge in every situation. As long as you keep paying me to show up for shit (MMA, grappling, whatever), this is on YOU, not me."
Regular occurrences of cheating in MMA:
Eye pokes
Nut shots
Cage grabs
Missing weight
Trying to manipulate scale (grabbing towel, one foot on scale)
PEDs
Grabbing shorts/gloves

We need new rules and stricter refs/commissions.

I honestly don't think Palhares is right in the head.

I'd have to agree. Dude legit LIKES doing serious damage to guys' knees. Not the Frank Mir attitude of "I'm not looking to hurt the guy but honestly it's his job to tap, it's not my job to try to apply the perfect amount of torque to force the tap but not break something." Palhares absolutely seems to enjoy it when his opponent has to be carted out of the cage. Hell he even likes in in sport jiu jitsu where the other guy isn't punching him in the face.

Regular occurrences of cheating in MMA:
Eye pokes
Nut shots
Cage grabs
Missing weight
Trying to manipulate scale (grabbing towel, one foot on scale)
PEDs
Grabbing shorts/gloves

We need new rules and stricter refs/commissions.

Missing weight is such a cluster. Orgs pour $ into promoting these fights, then people miss weight by a LOT and their opponent is stuck in a horrible spot of not fighting and looking scared and having everyone pissed that they would still fight, or being at a huge disadvantage in the cage. And there are fighters who legit don't care about how unfair it is. Mackenzie Dern was what, 8 lbs over in her last fight...at 115??? I mean, c'mon. Dom Cruz said it best. Missing by 1 lb=mistake, and excusable if not a repeat occurance. Missing by 2-3 lbs-suspicious. Missing by 4+ lbs-you knew exactly what you were doing and just didn't give a F.

I'd have to agree. Dude legit LIKES doing serious damage to guys' knees. Not the Frank Mir attitude of "I'm not looking to hurt the guy but honestly it's his job to tap, it's not my job to try to apply the perfect amount of torque to force the tap but not break something." Palhares absolutely seems to enjoy it when his opponent has to be carted out of the cage. Hell he even likes in in sport jiu jitsu where the other guy isn't punching him in the face.

I agree with Oblivian. I don't think he is 100% right in the head or a crazy sadist. He always has this look on his face after he holds a submission like a kneebar way too long and Ref is trying to drag him off his opponent and he has this befuddled look on his face like he wasn't aware that he held it for way too long. He is either a really good actor or not mentally right. As an opponent I wouldn't want to face him especially in a grappling match.

This is aside from all the other stuff he has done.

WFCA 50... placed a small bet on Tony Johnson to beat Aleksander Emelianenko. +137. Not great odds tho.

He has a clear path of victory since Aleks bottom game is just holding on and his TDD is less than stellar.

Tony has not been looking great and judges/refs will be biased towards Aleks. Only concern is that stand them up as soon as Aleks close guard.

Aleks also looked very hittable in his last fight.. terrible defense and zero head movement. Luckly for him his chin held. I dont think Tony is the guy to exploit that but they are HWs so there is always a chance.

PS: While Johnson ML sits at +137, Aleks is -510... lol at that spread.

BTW. If you want to see the event is live for free here. I think there are 4/5 more fights until main event.
https://grozny.tv/live.php

Back