General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

Wow! UFC are done with Ngannou? He will be damaged goods after he loses to Curtis. Why do they want to destroy their talent? It's as if they want to sabotage the UFC so that the Frietitas can buy it back for pennies on the dollar. Obviously Ngannou going down is not an overall big deal for the company but he was a potential big pay per view draw if he would have kept winning. It's just that this decision combined with other decisions have me questioning if some phuckery is a foot.

Wow! UFC are done with Ngannou? He will be damaged goods after he loses to Curtis. Why do they want to destroy their talent? It's as if they want to sabotage the UFC so that the Frietitas can buy it back for pennies on the dollar. Obviously Ngannou going down is not an overall big deal for the company but he was a potential big pay per view draw if he would have kept winning. It's just that this decision combined with other decisions have me questioning if some phuckery is a foot.

HW is so thin, there just aren't compelling matchups to make is the issue. DC/Brock and waiting for Brock's USADA suspension to end puts it all in flux too. I was wondering if they'd do Blaydes/Volkov and winner gets the title shot vs winner of DC/Brock, but I guess Volkov is fighting Black Beast.

They just don't have anyone else to match these guys up against that makes much sense imo. Stipe/Blaydes maybe would have worked, winner gets title shot? IDK, there's like 6-7 guys with any sort of cache' at all at the top of the division. After that, it gets bad very quickly.

HW is so thin, there just aren't compelling matchups to make is the issue.
They just don't have anyone else to match these guys up against that makes much sense imo. Stipe/Blaydes maybe would have worked, winner gets title shot? IDK, there's like 6-7 guys with any sort of cache' at all at the top of the division. After that, it gets bad very quickly.
For mine -

Volkov v Blaydes #1 contender
JDS v Ngannou headlines China
Tuivasa v Lewis headlines Adelaide

People will question the Tai/Lewis match up but it isn't like Lewis is near a title shot off his last fight. I guess you can switch Frankie and Lewis though. Stipe is on the outer with this situation but he is now anyway. Stipe v Jones perhaps

For mine -

Volkov v Blaydes #1 contender
JDS v Ngannou headlines China
Tuivasa v Lewis headlines Adelaide

People will question the Tai/Lewis match up but it isn't like Lewis is near a title shot off his last fight. I guess you can switch Frankie and Lewis though. Stipe is on the outer with this situation but he is now anyway. Stipe v Jones perhaps

I think Black Beast/Volkov is confirmed right?

Yeah. Conor/Khabib card. Was stating the fights I'd have done at HW. Don't think what's been announced makes much sense

Ahh I gotcha. Yeah I like yours better too. Although Stipe probably still has way more juice for a title shot than Ngannou, Lewis, Tai, or JDS. Volkov/Blaydes would have a legit claim though.

Think I will be against the grain and be on Rose against Andrade. Especially since it seems like she will get to decent dog odds given where yall cap Andrade. (beleive I read someone say -300..lol) Need to rewatch JJ/Andrade to be sure my prefight thoughts are accurate.

Andrade fav td is the high crotch she does that multiple times against rose theres a good chance rose takes her back

Andrade fav td is the high crotch she does that multiple times against rose theres a good chance rose takes her back

I'll prob hedge with Rose sub. By far her most likely way to win imo. But I think Andrade handled her.

Think I will be against the grain and be on Rose against Andrade. Especially since it seems like she will get to decent dog odds given where yall cap Andrade. (beleive I read someone say -300..lol) Need to rewatch JJ/Andrade to be sure my prefight thoughts are accurate.

I cap Andrade around -200. I have about 3.5u tied up on her at -115. But...fight needs to happen in 2018. So probably what will happen is that fight won't happen until next year and I'll miss opener and it will be close to where I cap it by the time I can bet it.

I cap Andrade around -200. I have about 3.5u tied up on her at -115. But...fight needs to happen in 2018. So probably what will happen is that fight won't happen until next year and I'll miss opener and it will be close to where I cap it by the time I can bet it.

Why can't rose do to Andrade what JJ did? (Haven't rewatched that fight, but remember JJ using her footwork to play matador and Andrade swinging at air).

Why can't rose do to Andrade what JJ did? (Haven't rewatched that fight, but remember JJ using her footwork to play matador and Andrade swinging at air).

Great question. After seeing the JJ vs Rose rematch, I don't get the love for Andrade personally.

I think Andrade has improved her approaches a lot in terms of closing distance. I think she's also embraced her role as a top position grappler even more than she did before.

In addition, while Rose matches up well with JJ (obviously), I don't think she does so much with Andrade as her TDD isn't that great (granted her grappling once on the mat is far better than JJ's obviously).

I think Andrade is going to get TD's and is too physically strong for Rose once on the mat (and honestly that could be due partially to some..."non USADA approved supplements").

I think Andrade has improved her approaches a lot in terms of closing distance. I think she's also embraced her role as a top position grappler even more than she did before.

In addition, while Rose matches up well with JJ (obviously), I don't think she does so much with Andrade as her TDD isn't that great (granted her grappling once on the mat is far better than JJ's obviously).

I think Andrade is going to get TD's and is too physically strong for Rose once on the mat (and honestly that could be due partially to some..."non USADA approved supplements").

Eh possibly, ill rewatch some fights once this is annouced (assuming she beats KK) and give more thoughts. I will say this regarding your point about her embracing her role as a top position grappler, five rounds is a long time to play around in Rose's guard and we have seen Andrade subbed before.

Eh possibly, ill rewatch some fights once this is annouced (assuming she beats KK) and give more thoughts. I will say this regarding your point about her embracing her role as a top position grappler, five rounds is a long time to play around in Rose's guard and we have seen Andrade subbed before.

It is for sure. But I think if Rose gets a sub it's more likely early. If she's stuck under Andrade for 15 minutes that's gonna really sap Rose's gas tank.

I remember sarah moraes having a rnc locked up at the end of r3 against andrade

Back