General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2017

I don't trust Berger's chin but Berger hits haaarrddd and Platnium is sooo hittable and i think his chin cracks soon. The under.

I don't trust Berger's chin but Berger hits haaarrddd and Platnium is sooo hittable and i think his chin cracks soon. The under.

They are both head cases. The under is gonna be juiced imo. I feel Perry is gonna be the favorite for some reason.
Jake has the better wins and hasn't really lost to anyone truly bad in his losing streak. Perry would be the worst person to beat him.

haha.. the feud is so phony, but still funny

Bisping is such an asshole.
God, I really wish that GSP will beat him. Not so sure though.

I like Catherine Costigan + Arnold Quero tonight. Any opinions on that? Combined, they give +183 odds
I also consider Karl Moore -200. His opponent, Josh Clark is a middleweight and they are fighting at light heavyweight. Plus, Moore seems a decent prospect, only one loss versus Paul Craig.

I like Catherine Costigan + Arnold Quero tonight. Any opinions on that? Combined, they give +183 odds
I also consider Karl Moore -200. His opponent, Josh Clark is a middleweight and they are fighting at light heavyweight. Plus, Moore seems a decent prospect, only one loss versus Paul Craig.

Got +1.81u from the double. Did not bet on Karl Moore.

Weidmanator back to + odds. He has a clear path to victory here and won't be overmatched on the feet.

Albert Tumenov the latest awesome fighter to not resign with the UFC

Albert Tumenov the latest awesome fighter to not resign with the UFC

Umm, "awesome"?

I was willing to excuse his lack of a ground game vs Gunny. But uhh, not against Leon Edwards.

Tumenov is a one dimensional guy that desperately needs to be at camp with elite MMA grapplers to round out his game. He has potential, but no way is he "awesome".

Umm, "awesome"?

I was willing to excuse his lack of a ground game vs Gunny. But uhh, not against Leon Edwards.

Tumenov is a one dimensional guy that desperately needs to be at camp with elite MMA grapplers to round out his game. He has potential, but no way is he "awesome".
He's still awesome. He's young dude, but if any prospect deserves to be guided under the UFC banner and pay especially while trying to break into Russia it's him. He's like 23 and technically beat Larkin (even though I thought Lorenz edged it). His striking is top notch

He's still awesome. He's young dude, but if any prospect deserves to be guided under the UFC banner and pay especially while trying to break into Russia it's him. He's like 23 and technically beat Larkin (even though I thought Lorenz edged it). His striking is top notch

I just wouldn't call him "awesome". He's a prospect with one half of his game that's excellent and the other half that's utter trash. How many guys have we seen come up as prospects with half their game lacking that never put th work in and rounded out their overall skills? Then they faded into obscurity. I'm not saying that IS what Einstein will be, but there's no way you can call a guy that I at 40 years old and having not grappled in 6 years might be able to tap (okay that's a gross exaggeration but you get the point).

I'm not saying the UFC should/shouldn't pay him. I think there's arguments both ways. I'm just saying calling him "awesome" is pretty nuts given the Grand Canyon sized hole he's shown in his skillset.

I just wouldn't call him "awesome". He's a prospect with one half of his game that's excellent and the other half that's utter trash. How many guys have we seen come up as prospects with half their game lacking that never put th work in and rounded out their overall skills? Then they faded into obscurity. I'm not saying that IS what Einstein will be, but there's no way you can call a guy that I at 40 years old and having not grappled in 6 years might be able to tap (okay that's a gross exaggeration but you get the point).

I'm not saying the UFC should/shouldn't pay him. I think there's arguments both ways. I'm just saying calling him "awesome" is pretty nuts given the Grand Canyon sized hole he's shown in his skillset.
So arguably outstriking Lorenz Larkin as a 23 year old isn't awesome to you just cause he has holes? {<huh}

^^^^ someone's just bitter they lost money on Tumenov (jk @mkess101 )

So arguably outstriking Lorenz Larkin as a 23 year old isn't awesome to you just cause he has holes? {<huh}

A) I don't think he actualy outstruck Larkin as I think Larkin's bodyshots didn't get enough credit. That said, I understand your point. The kid is a terrific striker.

B) Yeah that's awesome, but his (GIANT, GAPING) holes hadn't reared their ugly head yet. Gunny exposed him. Understandable, Gunny is a really good grappler obviously. But then Leon Edwards goes out and makes him look like a guy that just stepped in off the street looking to take his first bjj class? C'mon!

I guess I just reserve the word "awesome" for guys who have proven they can consistently hang with the top 10-15 in the division. Tumenov starched Jouban which looks like a solid win as of now. Granted that was back when Jouban thought that it was okay to block punches with his face. Tumenov also fought Larkin even (and technically won the decision). So yeah the kid has potential for sure. But until he SHOWS that any halfway decent grappler can't come in, get him on the mat, and absolutely clown him, I'm not gonna call him "awesome".

^^^^ someone's just bitter they lost money on Tumenov (jk @mkess101 )

LOL actually I lost more $ betting against him vs Larkin than on him. But yeah, he hasn't exaclty been a profitable guy for me over the last year or so...

LOL actually I lost more $ betting against him vs Larkin than on him. But yeah, he hasn't exaclty been a profitable guy for me over the last year or so...
Haha I feel for ya. are some guys that, whether I bet on or fade, I win (like the OKC Thunder in bball). Conversely, there are guys that I can't predict for the life of me.

A) I don't think he actualy outstruck Larkin as I think Larkin's bodyshots didn't get enough credit. That said, I understand your point. The kid is a terrific striker.

B) Yeah that's awesome, but his (GIANT, GAPING) holes hadn't reared their ugly head yet. Gunny exposed him. Understandable, Gunny is a really good grappler obviously. But then Leon Edwards goes out and makes him look like a guy that just stepped in off the street looking to take his first bjj class? C'mon!

I guess I just reserve the word "awesome" for guys who have proven they can consistently hang with the top 10-15 in the division. Tumenov starched Jouban which looks like a solid win as of now. Granted that was back when Jouban thought that it was okay to block punches with his face. Tumenov also fought Larkin even (and technically won the decision). So yeah the kid has potential for sure. But until he SHOWS that any halfway decent grappler can't come in, get him on the mat, and absolutely clown him, I'm not gonna call him "awesome".
I thought Larkin's leg kicks edge it, but its not arguable Larkin is one of the best strikers and the fight was incredibly close. Thats impressive, especially considering a guy like Ponz who Larkin KOd youd think would be a great previous opponent when booked to fight a guy like Einstein.

Having huge holes at his age isn't uncommon at all in a top prospect though. UFC resigns him, gives him like 2 strikers next he can have a fun fight with, then maybe go back to some sort of grappler and test him again. Seems like he could've grew with a strategy like that, and we could've gotten some awesome fights with the right match ups along the way.

So no one is awesome except the top guys? {<huh}

Think not only is his potential pretty clear, but hes a fun as hell fighter. Even the losses to Gunnar and Leon were fun

Back