General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2017

Iextremely

yeah, for sure. that's why i again said that him vs edgar 2 would in all likelyhood be a fairly even fight (just like the first one) and that there was no telling where aldo's head is at when he had gotten ko'd like he did by mcgregor. but that if he was somewhat the same fighter as before, he would probably win a decision (again) (you can verify this with posthistory btw)

change the tune, it's old. you and your pals are making shit up as you go along at this point, and it's very boring, and completly pointless in all honesty to even respond to.

yeah, for sure. that's why i again said that him vs edgar 2 would in all likelyhood be a fairly even fight (just like the first one) and that there was no telling where aldo's head is at when he had gotten ko'd like he did by mcgregor. but that if he was somewhat the same fighter as before, he would probably win a decision (again) (you can verify this with posthistory btw)

change the tune, it's old. you and your pals are making shit up as you go along at this point, and it's very boring, and completly pointless in all honesty to even respond to.

Then don't reply. I've been saying this about you for a long time, since you've been here and shown your affinity for Aldo. Long before my "pals" were even posting on this site.

I haven't read every single post of yours either. That's a disclaimer. Maybe I've missed some that have shown more objectivity and I'm off base like you say. I don't claim to be the final verdict on everything. I'm just commenting on what I've seen.

i knew it was going to rodriguez, being in san antonio

was shocked to hear the 30-27 junior, tho

Yes, but to be fair even though I was on the other side, body language was probably a big factor. I really think body language is one of the biggest factors to judges when deciding close rounds.

agreed, the body language was a big factor. realistically, rodriguez didn't land that much and the completely gassed junior still got takedowns

price on andrade getting better on the euro books, opened +170 now +200-210

made a small future investment: Demetrious/Cub/Gustafsson/Alvarez/Maia 300 to win 2800. Honestly only one I could see losing is Maia.

made a small future investment: Demetrious/Cub/Gustafsson/Alvarez/Maia 300 to win 2800. Honestly only one I could see losing is Maia.

Umm Eddie is WAY too hittable (esp early in fights) against a guy with good pop in DP to think he can't lose. Don't get me wrong, if you make me say who I think wins I'll take Eddie, but it's close. Eddie has a good chin but he's been around a long time and eating a bunch of bombs from your boy last time out isn't gonna help things on that front.

Also not sure how you can be so sold on Gus. He looked so sluggish his last time out. Maybe just an off night, but I don't have a clue how it will play out with he and Glover.

Umm Eddie is WAY too hittable (esp early in fights) against a guy with good pop in DP to think he can't lose. Don't get me wrong, if you make me say who I think wins I'll take Eddie, but it's close. Eddie has a good chin but he's been around a long time and eating a bunch of bombs from your boy last time out isn't gonna help things on that front.

Also not sure how you can be so sold on Gus. He looked so sluggish his last time out. Maybe just an off night, but I don't have a clue how it will play out with he and Glover.
Hmm I think Eddie at 1.90 is a fucking steal and must play. I think these odds will go way worse. Dustin loses to elite and he is not a big knock out threat either. His fight with Jim Miller was close. Lets forget that Eddie fight vs Conor. Conor is just too good.

Glover looked shit also. He is old and made his own camp. don't you agree. I don't think he can take Gus down. Gus outboxes him easily

Hmm I think Eddie at 1.90 is a fucking steal and must play. I think these odds will go way worse. Dustin loses to elite and he is not a big knock out threat either. His fight with Jim Miller was close. Lets forget that Eddie fight vs Conor. Conor is just too good.

Glover looked shit also. He is old and made his own camp. don't you agree. I don't think he can take Gus down. Gus outboxes him easily

I wouldn't call Eddie's line a "steal". Yes Conor obviously is just a way superior striker but Eddie has eaten a LOT of punches over his long career. He doesn't just get hit by the best of the best like Conor, he gets hit by almost every decent striker he fights. And DP hits hard enough that if Eddie's chin is starting to crack (and Conor may well have helped it along) there's for sure danger there for him.

Glover looked bad too, I agree. That's why I don't have a good read on the fight. Two guys who were elite not all THAT long ago, and who have both looked like shit lately (forget Glover/Rumble, seems like Rumble is just wrecking anyone he hits now). So I just have no clue what to make of the fight honestly.

gustafsson's back problems are pretty well documented at this point, and they are reoccuring, so i'd be hesitant backing him to heavily, like remember the days when people thought he'd get the strap one day? yeah, that's never going to happen, more likely he retires from the sport before he even gets another shot at the strap.

gustafsson's back problems are pretty well documented at this point, and they are reoccuring, so i'd be hesitant backing him to heavily, like remember the days when people thought he'd get the strap one day? yeah, that's never going to happen, more likely he retires from the sport before he even gets another shot at the strap.

I think LHW is too thin to be too sure about that. If he beats Glover, he is clearly the first contender after Jones comeback fight. Who else would it be? LHW is a wasteland where Shogun is top ranked.

Back