General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - July, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the general consensus on Luca now? I know he gets shit for personality/marketing style but he does have an impressive record (I assume the third party tracking he uses is legit).

I wouldn't even call that an impressive record, he's up 110 units since July 2015, with a 12% ROI. Myself and many others here blow that out of the water

Lol why do you want to buy his picks?

Nah, just remember him being shady then now apparently he started tracking his results and they have been pretty good.

I think he used to be a lot shadier than he is now. I mean, there is proof of him mixing with his results and stuff, and then it was the time he only bet heavy favorites, but these days he seems to be doing well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/2q7mkl/investigating_luca_fury_furys_fight_picks/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/5irvns/luca_fury_mma_handicapper_still_trying_to_bully/

Thats the stuff I was thinking about. Kinda surprised that he associated with Sherdog radio for a while with all those allegations and now I hear him on Anik&Florian from time to time.

I wouldn't even call that an impressive record, he's up 110 units since July 2015, with a 12% ROI. Myself and many others here blow that out of the water

Yeah I guess, but I think that people who buy his picks don't really have the time or don't want to research themselves and as long as they make a profit they are happy.

He makes 30k$ bets, and thanks to his minions (subscribers) , he moves lines

Whats the general consensus on Luca now? I know he gets shit for personality/marketing style but he does have an impressive record (I assume the third party tracking he uses is legit).

Testimonials

"What's not to like about the Fury's Fight Picks's Premium Service? First of all, you will profit long term, which is the single most important reason to sign up. Other betting services might "win big" sometimes but their long term performance is in the red, or worse: they don't have long term performance because they're new. Other reasons why I am very happy with FFP are: Tailing the bets is an easy process and bets are available at most books. Bets are given before the event, so there's no "live" plays chasing loses during the event. The units risked per bet are consistent and not crazy high (like other services) which allows you to have good control over your bankroll. If you ever have any questions or concerns, Luca gets back to you in a timely manner. And from personal experience, customer service is top notch, if there is any mistake in a transaction, Luca will make it right for you. You just don't see that very often."

Alberto, premium member

Canada

I think he fakes the testimonials

Last edited:

110 units in 2 years? Thats fucking awful

110 units in 2 years? Thats fucking awful
Awful is a stretch. 99% of people lose betting sports so profiting isn't awful, let alone +110u. I don't like anyone who sells tips as you can guarantee there are better gamblers offering advice for free, like this forum for example. But to say +110u is awful is harsh

Awful is a stretch. 99% of people lose betting sports so profiting isn't awful, let alone +110u. I don't like anyone who sells tips as you can guarantee there are better gamblers offering advice for free, like this forum for example. But to say +110u is awful is harsh

For someone that has gambling and capping as his sole occupation, AND is selling his picks to people? Yes, that''s absolutely awful.

It isn't. Units is such an arbitrary term in any case. What if his unit is 5k?

I'm not saying other people haven't or can't beat that but 110u isn't awful. That, quite frankly is a dumb thing to say haha

He should still be locked in a padded room for being a nutter but you're crazy to say +110u is awful.

For someone that has gambling and capping as his sole occupation, AND is selling his picks to people? Yes, that''s absolutely awful.

I think that as long as he is profitable thats alright. He can say that he will double your money within X amount of time and people will buy into it. Not everyone wants to put in as much research as people on here do. Luca gives them bets on a silver platter and they don't have to do anything apart from following him. Although his packages are probably expensive so people who buy them need to bet pretty big unit sizes to cover the cost and profit.

It isn't. Units is such an arbitrary term in any case. What if his unit is 5k?

I'm not saying other people haven't or can't beat that but 110u isn't awful. That, quite frankly is a dumb thing to say haha

He should still be locked in a padded room for being a nutter but you're crazy to say +110u is awful.

You have low standards in that case, or are pretty bad yourself (Not trying to be mean here, but that's how i see it). Anyone with a bit of brains can do +75 units in a year easily.

Most good gamblers i know hit at least 100, and that's not even full time. Sorry, but if someone has it as their full time job, and they are doing 100 units over 2.5 years that's almost embarrassing.
What does his unit size have to do with anything? It's a universal term of measurement.

You have low standards in that case, or are pretty bad yourself (Not trying to be mean here, but that's how i see it). Anyone with a bit of brains can do +75 units in a year easily.

Most good gamblers i know hit at least 100, and that's not even full time. Sorry, but if someone has it as their full time job, and they are doing 100 units over 2.5 years that's almost embarrassing.
What does his unit size have to do with anything? It's a universal term of measurement.
I'm not going back and forth on this. 100u is not awful because if it were as easy as you say everyone would do it. Simple

I bet $, not units. I understand how units work, why we use them etc but they're meaningless unless you're comparing results to someone else. Even more meaningless if you use Kelly. ROI is the only important indicator

110u at $10 units isnt worth bringing up, 110u at $5k a bet is more than anyone here made (I assume). Again, I couldn't care less. Just pointing out it isn't awful, which is still a dumb thing to say

Like 90% of all sports bettors got negative numbers ie they loose money

110u definitely isn't awful, but he also inflates by betting "4u" almost every play.

And he'll block you on twitter if you call it out, haha

I'm not going back and forth on this. 100u is not awful because if it were as easy as you say everyone would do it. Simple

I bet $, not units. I understand how units work, why we use them etc but they're meaningless unless you're comparing results to someone else. Even more meaningless if you use Kelly. ROI is the only important indicator

110u at $10 units isnt worth bringing up, 110u at $5k a bet is more than anyone here made (I assume). Again, I couldn't care less. Just pointing out it isn't awful, which is still a dumb thing to say

Please stop. Just because 90% of idiots betting on sports completely casually with no analysis and just bet on their favorite team, does not make 110 units in 2,5 years good in anyway WHEN IT's YOUR FULL TIME JOB. Case closed.
And certainly not good enough to sell your picks to people that's not idiots.

And units is an objective measurement of your performance, it should not matter if it was 10$, 100$ or 1000$ dollars you actually bet. (Ofcourse there will be diminishing returns at some high numbers, but alas.)

Anyways, Luca fury is a rat, so let's stop talking about him please. And y'all should step your game up if you think 110 units in 2,5 years isn't bad.

Last edited:

well, a lot of what we do wouldn't be as high, because we can get better prices than what we would be able to "tout" etc.. altho i'm sure that's the case for him, too, as he gets better prices than what people who subscribe to him would get.

but we (meaning me and you, sadistics) do tons of props, lots of volume betting, live betting, etc. not the kind of thing you could tout and what-not

not crediting or discrediting, just illustrating that, much like MOST of the debates that go on regarding betting strategies... is often apples to oranges

TUF 26: Alvarez vs Gaethje

Guess no alvarez-poirier rematch.. and guess no fast return for Gaethje..

I don't mind the matchup, tho

TUF 26: Alvarez vs Gaethje

Guess no alvarez-poirier rematch.. and guess no fast return for Gaethje..

I don't mind the matchup, tho

Justin by destruction or repeat of Eddie vs Chandler II. Eddie backing away and counter striking.

Flacid Fight Picks is a fucking scam, in more ways than one. the guy is a POS.

just go look for the posts about him on sbr for starters.

lol.

cain vs stipe being set up, apparently. october.

cain loses the belt 6/15... had one fight 13 months later... beats travis browne (who is losing to everyone)... then a full year again later he gets offered a titleshot?

so he'll have had 1 win (browne) in 28 months between losing his belt and getting a titleshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back