General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - July, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tomorrow we've got

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/44895-bamma-30

Several books have lines up for this. 4 massive dogs on the card; Kennedy, Barez, Swiekosz, & Brennan. Anyone having a crack at any of them?
Was considering sticking 1u on all four of them for a laugh thinking one of them might pull off an upset, and sure enough, Barez won a 3 round decision as a +500 dog! One was cancelled, the other two lost so would have been up nicely from that :(

DVR alert: For those who want to see the Mayweather/McGregor press conference tour, it will be airing live in the afternoon four days in a row from four different cities on FS2 Tuesday through Friday this week. It's listed under UFC Tonight on my DVR schedule.

Took Whittaker 1.4 against Bisping at Bet-at-home.

Took Whittaker 1.4 against Bisping at Bet-at-home.

yeah can see that shortening tbh, 1.3 at least. can't get my vpn to work atm but I'mm gonna take that price later.

paddypower also have it at 1.4 last time i checked

I understand that they may have offered a bit more money but you have to wonder with some of these guys if they just deep down know that they'll never be the UFC champ.

Also, again with some of the guys, if they take the money and don't necessarily want to fight and test themselves against the best I'm not sure if they'd ever be the best regardless.

Just my 2 cents.

I understand that they may have offered a bit more money but you have to wonder with some of these guys if they just deep down know that they'll never be the UFC champ.

Also, again with some of the guys, if they take the money and don't necessarily want to fight and test themselves against the best I'm not sure if they'd ever be the best regardless.

Just my 2 cents.
Moose had a legit chance at winning the belt imo and I'm one of his biggest critics. Good for him making more money in bellator.

Moose had a legit chance at winning the belt imo and I'm one of his biggest critics. Good for him making more money in bellator.

I think he was still a fight away and loses to Jacare and Romero personally.

Mousasi has never been as driven or ambitious as your average TOP-5 fighter. That's also the biggest worry when betting him.

Considering the champ and interim champ are primarily strikers, this was his best shot.
His worst matchups were Jacare and Weidman and he's beaten both.

Edit: Also Romero in a 3 rounder.

Considering the champ and interim champ are primarily strikers, this was his best shot.
His worst matchups were Jacare and Weidman and he's beaten both.

Edit: Also Romero in a 3 rounder.
Yea Jacare is a bad match up but he's getting up there in age and Moose is looking the best he's ever had in his career. Yoel in a 3 rounder would be really tough but yeah 5 rounder is a totally diff fight. i wonder how much more Coker offered him

So Bellator is requiring top talent and the UFC is busy parading "The Karate Hottie" to everyone and creating interim belts. WMEIMG get it together.

Yea Jacare is a bad match up but he's getting up there in age and Moose is looking the best he's ever had in his career. Yoel in a 3 rounder would be really tough but yeah 5 rounder is a totally diff fight. i wonder how much more Coker offered him

That Viacom money doing wonders.

Also do y'all know there's another PFL next next week?
Another 5 round non title fight with the WSOF featherweight champ. Same day as the biggest UFC card of the year haha.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/46688-pfl-2

Moose getting paid 150k for his last fight while Rory supposedly got paid 400k for his first Bellator fight - even though Moose is one of my favorite fighters and I would have loved him to stay in the UFC I can understand his choice.

Bellator could legit be the nr 1 MMA promotor in 7-10 years.

This has never ringed so true as right now. Previously Bellator was always just picking up middling and low tier fighters - basically whatever was leftover by the UFC.

Mousasi and to a lesser extent Rory marks the beginning of a new era of really good exciting fighters jumping ship. I kind of understand off loading Rory as he seemed to have a chronic nose injury and maybe they didn't see a huge upside there.

Mousasi however was a complete surprise to me as he seemed to be really close to a title shot. Very interesting to see Mousasi make the switch. The UFC could really pay the price by banking too much on their big stars like Ronda and Mac and not building up the divisions.

The thing is the casual fan barely knows the difference between UFC and Bellator. All my friends don't know the difference they just tune it to fights...

PS I am a fucking idiot. after reminding everyone in this thread to update UFC Pick Em I forgot to make my picks....so mad.

Just my 2 cents.

He sounded upset about Whittaker getting a shot over him. Didn't sound like money was the biggest issue. Although he wasn't happy with Rebok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back