General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - February, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rampage -143
King Mo +100

@Bet-At-Home

im sure he's just reposting these, not making them himself, but that's pretty funny

2 months into the pick em, here are the scores so far. I'm shocked to be 105th worldwide

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170222-020150.png
    Screenshot_20170222-020150.png
    233.6 KB · Views: 32
2 months into the pick em, here are the scores so far. I'm shocked to be 105th worldwide

In my defence i totally forgot about this and have only picked for one event! I can't be arsed between work and all the tape watching i do i just don't have time.

So tempted to double down on Weidman +100. Other than Weidman dropping two in a row and Moose being on a win streak, what are people seeing here? Weidman has a mean top game and Gegard has historically been prone to making little effort to get back up after being taken down. Striking wise Gegard can be very lackadaisical while Weidman brings the pressure and volume. What am I missing here gents?

So tempted to double down on Weidman +100. Other than Weidman dropping two in a row and Moose being on a win streak, what are people seeing here? Weidman has a mean top game and Gegard has historically been prone to making little effort to get back up after being taken down. Striking wise Gegard can be very lackadaisical while Weidman brings the pressure and volume. What am I missing here gents?

I'm with you. Losing to Rockhold and Romero is nothing to be ashamed of and I thought Chris actually looked pretty good in both fights before the disastrous wheel kick attempt vs Rockhold and the flying knee vs Romero. As you mentioned, I like the stylistic matchup here for Weidman, I'm on him to win 2u at -105. The biggest concern for me is maybe he's coming back a bit too soon. It will be 5 months since he lost to Romero when this fight happens, but that KO was pretty devastating.

Yeah I agree. Seems like a bad stylistic matchup for da moose. His weakness are guys that can take him down and Weidman should be that guy unless USADA completely wrecked him. I do think Gegard has a decent advantage on the feet tho so if Weidman cant take him down we might see a 30-27 for Gegard.

The biggest concern for me is maybe he's coming back a bit too soon. It will be 5 months since he lost to Romero when this fight happens, but that KO was pretty devastating.

People were saying this about Belal too, and look what happened there. Chris is smart, I feel like if he didn't feel ready to take a fight then he wouldn't. I'm going big on Weidman

Mousasi/Weidman is a close fight and I think the line is about right.

The fact that Mousasi is surging right now and full of confidence while Weidman suffered a brutal KO loss is enough for me not to want to back Weidman here.

Chris also had a few injuries before that he was dealing with and I wonder if he is 100% now. Typically these guys with a strong wrestling background get knee issues and just generally burn their bodies out sooner.

In general I think Mousasi is the better all around MMA guy. Mousasi is better at mixing up grappling and striking. Weidman is a pressure fighter who spams some kicks and of course has good wrestling.

Standup dept. I give a considerable edge to Moose.

People were saying this about Belal too, and look what happened there. Chris is smart, I feel like if he didn't feel ready to take a fight then he wouldn't. I'm going big on Weidman

That's true about Belal (I bet him against Brown btw), but every case is different and not everyone is going to come back from that type of KO loss the same way. You also have to factor in that Belal was fighting Randy Brown and Weidman is fighting Mousasi, which are two very different levels of opponent. I already have a decent sized bet on Weidman, my point was that Romero loss could have an effect on him and it certainly is at least something to consider when capping the fight.

That's true about Belal (I bet him against Brown btw), but every case is different and not everyone is going to come back from that type of KO loss the same way. You also have to factor in that Belal was fighting Randy Brown and Weidman is fighting Mousasi, which are two very different levels of opponent. I already have a decent sized bet on Weidman, my point was that Romero loss could have an effect on him and it certainly is at least something to consider when capping the fight.

Yeah I was also on Belal but yeah you do have a point, I think the reason I'm so excited is because I'm not used to seeing Weidman at evens so I'm looking at any reason to bet him. Also, I'm not that impressed by Mousasi, the people he beat in 2016 aren't top level competition, a washed up post-trt vitor, Uriah Hall, Santos was an alright win, and Leitis

Yeah I agree. Seems like a bad stylistic matchup for da moose. His weakness are guys that can take him down and Weidman should be that guy unless USADA completely wrecked him. I do think Gegard has a decent advantage on the feet tho so if Weidman cant take him down we might see a 30-27 for Gegard.
Gegard is the better striker on paper but even if the fight stays standing I don't think Gegard winning is a given. Weidman has pretty servicable boxing and is pretty defensively sound, likes to hold center cage and throws more volume. I could see the judges favoring that especially with the new judging criteria

Yeah I was also on Belal but yeah you do have a point, I think the reason I'm so excited is because I'm not used to seeing Weidman at evens so I'm looking at any reason to bet him. Also, I'm not that impressed by Mousasi, the people he beat in 2016 aren't top level competition, a washed up post-trt vitor, Uriah Hall, Santos was an alright win, and Leitis
Weidman crushes everyone in Gegard's latest win streak.

Dennis Hallman was the person who jumped in to stop the action, not the referee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back