General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - August, 2017

LOL and why is he sticking with the toehold? That's a pain only sub. You aren't threatening real damage to a joint. Smith had multiple chances to roll his hips about 45 degrees and turn that into a straight kneebar.

Pretty much for two rounds now.

If he knew how to heel hook rather than toe hold it'd probably be over.

LOL he didn't even need to try to switch to the heel hook. Yeah, that's the most effective when it's locked in tight, but it's also easier for the heel to slip free. He had the leg LOCKED UP and could have just converted it to a straight kneebar. Even in gyms where they don't let lower belt levels do heel hooks, you can do straight kneebars usually.

should have faded this bum =/ zero stand up skills.. gassed after one round and he was -350 lol

LOL he didn't even need to try to switch to the heel hook. Yeah, that's the most effective when it's locked in tight, but it's also easier for the heel to slip free. He had the leg LOCKED UP and could have just converted it to a straight kneebar. Even in gyms where they don't let lower belt levels do heel hooks, you can do straight kneebars usually.

Normally bjj gyms ban knee bars until brown belt to meet most tournament rules.
They usually don't allow heel hooks at any belt level.

Heel hooks are my most effective sub. Braden would've just gave up his back going for the knee bar because hes so physically weak.

Smith looked absolutely awful there. Foxworth is not good either.

No action on this one now. Had Kelades in a tiny degen parlay with Smith. My night rides on Aguilar. Not a promising start though.

Normally bjj gyms ban knee bars until brown belt to meet most tournament rules.
They usually don't allow heel hooks at any belt level.

Heel hooks are my most effective sub. Braden would've just gave up his back going for the knee bar because hes so physically weak.

Hell, we could do straight kneebars when I used to train, and I never even sniffed brown belt. Granted, that was years ago. We couldn't do heel hooks though. But back then most of the tourneys I competed in also allowed straight leg locks at all levels. Might not have been the best idea (though I can't remember anyone getting seriously hurt by one in competitions that I was in).

They always explained it to us that with straight leg locks you'd almost always have time to tap before real damage, but with heel hooks you could have serious ligament damage before you had time to react to the pain and tap.

You could be right about him with the kneebar, but it still looked like the better option than sticking with that toehold LOL.

Anyway to see this if your provider sucks?

Shinn up to +195, have to take a stab even though he's undersized. I think this will be competitive. He'll fight for my money too.

Shinn 1-0 (Kelades reversed and got on top with 2:10 left in the round, but he did nothing with it aside from 3 rabbit punches with 30 seconds left when Shinn reversed the position)

Kellades won that round imo but I'd live bet shin if it was possible.

Each guy controlled half the round. Shinn had the more dominant position, but Kaledes finished the round strong. Judges probably give it to Kaledes, but no lock.

Shinn just too small maybe. Kaledes looks at least a full weight class bigger.

The size difference played a part. Shinn is about to lose R3, so Kelades 2-1.

Saw this coming cause round 1 was a Kelades type of scramble dogfight. He does too well and is too experienced in those fights. Meanwhile Shinn had that type of fight in his last bout and was pulling half guard by round 3

Shinn has potential, but he just doesn't understand holding position and winning rounds. He did some stupid shit last fight too and his interview recently was pretty bad as well. He needs to learn from his mistakes and hold position when he has it. When he doesn't, he has to try to get back to neutral instead of chasing low % things.

2-1 Kaledes at worst. Size too much.

Back