General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - August, 2017

Off topic but TMZ just reported that Jones popped for steroids in his UFC 214 drug test

sad guess we have seen the last of Bones in the UFC..

Very interesting for MMA. Would be crazy if Jon went to Bella further improving their roster. Either way I hope to see Jon out there.

Very interesting for MMA. Would be crazy if Jon went to Bella further improving their roster. Either way I hope to see Jon out there.
That can't happen because 1- Jon already has a UFC contract and the UFC is not going to let him out of it for bad behavior and especially not to go to Bellator. And 2- Bellator will not risk defying the California athletic commission by ignoring this suspension. Jones might be able to get away with going overseas to Rizin in Japan or Road FC in Korea, but he'd likely get sued by the UFC anyway. He's screwed.

That can't happen because 1- Jon already has a UFC contract and the UFC is not going to let him out of it for bad behavior and especially not to go to Bellator. And 2- Bellator will not risk defying the California athletic commission by ignoring this suspension. Jones might be able to get away with going overseas to Rizin in Japan or Road FC in Korea, but he'd likely get sued by the UFC anyway. He's screwed.

Gotcha. I mean he does probably have enough $ not to need to work again for his lifetime... so maybe screwed is a relative term:)

But man I would love to see JJ in Rizin beating down some Japanese giants.

Kinda weaksauce that JJ still needs steroids to beat an aging Cormier. Cormier needs a justice cheque from JJ and the UFC.

Gotcha. I mean he does probably have enough $ not to need to work again for his lifetime... so maybe screwed is a relative term:)

But man I would love to see JJ in Rizin beating down some Japanese giants.

Kinda weaksauce that JJ still needs steroids to beat an aging Cormier. Cormier needs a justice cheque from JJ and the UFC.

i would love to see some Japanese giant beat the fuk out of JJ, put him in the hospital and permanently ruin his career and his health. and no, i did not bet on daniel cormier in either fight

why on earth would you be rooting for some scumbag piece of shit PED user?

I feel like Maia is a bad matchup for Colby. What am I missing.

Colby, on paper, has the same credentials as woodley. D1 all American. He might've placed higher.

I think it'll end up being a striking match and I also think Colby has the better cardio.

i would love to see some Japanese giant beat the fuk out of JJ, put him in the hospital and permanently ruin his career and his health. and no, i did not bet on daniel cormier in either fight

why on earth would you be rooting for some scumbag piece of shit PED user?

I just like watching him fight because he is a good fighter. Pro athletes having sketchy lives isnt news to me. I have just come to expect it.

I wish JJ would embrace being 100% heel then it could be more fun.

Still JJ is exceptional as a fighter.

Are you guys liking Colby thinking he'll be a decent sized dog here or do you favor him outright? I'm not that confident he can keep it standing or if he's capable of executing a smart game plan the way Woodley did.

Back