General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - August, 2017

Wow. Lee talks a good game.. and hey, yep.. great fight

I actually think with Lee's trash talk background, and his association with Mayweather, McGregor vs Lee might be the most successful fight they could currently put together at 155.

Gastelum vs A Silva announced and the poll in the heavies has the fight even! I hope the bookies agree because I think that's an easy match up for Gastelum.

Bet these teeny tiny for action. Don't tail lol. IMG_0584.PNG

I started paying more attention to One FC since 5D has been putting out lines more regularly. Nguyen at better than the +190 opener vs Gafurov is interesting if the line climbs. Nguyen has been getting better and continued to stop opponents and he may have learned from his first loss to RNC expert Gafurov.

ONE Championship: Quest for Greatness

Main Event | Middleweight Title | 185 lbs

Martin Nguyen +190
Marat Gafurov -270
-

Nobutatsu Suzuki +175
Ev Ting -245

Sherif Mohamed +250
Agilan Thani -350

Kevin Belingon +110
Reece McLaren -150

Gianni Subba +140
Asuka Mikami -180

Anyone else betting One fc @EzFlyer ?
Leaning towards Mclaren, good takedowns and ground game.
Belingon is mainly kicker, his hands are not impresive, he may catch someone under the fence, decent sprawl, but if someone gets control of his legs, he usually lands on his back and on the ground he is terrible from his back as well as from top

Belingon is mainly kicker, his hands are not impresive, he may catch someone under the fence, decent sprawl, but if someone gets control of his legs, he usually lands on his back and on the ground he is terrible from his back as well as from top

i'm going to have a bet. i don't know any of the fighters but will do some reseach tonight. will post my findings.

I started paying more attention to One FC since 5D has been putting out lines more regularly. Nguyen at better than the +190 opener vs Gafurov is interesting if the line climbs. Nguyen has been getting better and continued to stop opponents and he may have learned from his first loss to RNC expert Gafurov.

ONE Championship: Quest for Greatness

Main Event | Middleweight Title | 185 lbs

Martin Nguyen +190
Marat Gafurov -270
-

Nobutatsu Suzuki +175
Ev Ting -245

Sherif Mohamed +250
Agilan Thani -350

Kevin Belingon +110
Reece McLaren -150

Gianni Subba +140
Asuka Mikami -180
Been waiting For someone to talk about this weeks one championship, never see it talked about on here and I always hope to find some actual expert opinions cause I don't know the fighters well enough

Strong lean on Mohamed?Heavy underdog.Can you tell more ?
No not at all.
I'm betting mostly for action. I don't know much about either.

His opponent was just killed by Askren. I don't hold that against him but he's a young kid who took a devastaing loss against another grown man.

after tape study i agree with everything you just said.

belingon is a ferocious muay thai stylist but therein lies the problem. i think his stand in front of you, flatfooted, bang it out style is great for exciting striking battles, but it's bad for stopping wrestlers from grabbing hold of you.

i think he's going to have real problems with the physicality and grappling of mclaren. i can see this being a dagestan airways kind of fight and as you say, belingon isn't good off his back.

now looking for a parlay partner to get even money.

Back