General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - April, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a strange matchup.

Ishihara vs Maynard

Too bad we won't get lines for a long time

I don't know why Maynard still fights, it can't be healthy. Dude should've quit like five years ago or something. I seriously get worried about his health every time he fights. Sad thing is that he used to be a really fun and good fighter and seems like a good guy for the most part.

holm v betche as the ufc singapore main event. what the fuck lol.

Watching the TUF thingy. The pick order seems really weird to me:

"Dillashaw wins the ensuing coin toss and he opts to choose the first fighter. He quickly chooses Krause as his No.1 overall pick. After alternating picks with rival Garbrandt, Dillashaw goes with Taylor, Ramsey Nijem, Dhiego Lima, Joe Stevenson, Tom Gallicchio and Gilbert Smith.

Garbrandt chooses in order: Seth Baczynski, Mehdi Baghdad, Eddie Gordon, Hector Urbina, Hayder Hassan, Lane and Justin Edwards. Since Dillashaw chose the first fighter, it’s time for “No Love” to choose which fighters will step into the Octagon first. The Ohio boy pits his own Baczynski against Smith. Dillashaw sets up the next fight and goes with Krause vs. Urbina."

I mean, Stevenson is 34, was recently on a 4 fight losing streak and mostly fights at 155, has almost 50 fights and somehow he gets picked before Hayder Hassan.

Baghdad as two loses to Wade (sub) and Makdessi (split) and was on a five fight win streak and a decent TUF-run before that and is 32, but gets picked after Seth Baczymski who seems shot to shit and has a recent loss to Jesse Taylor.

I also assumed Nijem would be picked a little higher, but I guess he's a 155'er so maybe that's it.

Guess the whole lot except for like 3-4 people are just straight fade material anyway, but still a bit fun to think about.

Watching the TUF thingy. The pick order seems really weird to me:

"Dillashaw wins the ensuing coin toss and he opts to choose the first fighter. He quickly chooses Krause as his No.1 overall pick. After alternating picks with rival Garbrandt, Dillashaw goes with Taylor, Ramsey Nijem, Dhiego Lima, Joe Stevenson, Tom Gallicchio and Gilbert Smith.

Garbrandt chooses in order: Seth Baczynski, Mehdi Baghdad, Eddie Gordon, Hector Urbina, Hayder Hassan, Lane and Justin Edwards. Since Dillashaw chose the first fighter, it’s time for “No Love” to choose which fighters will step into the Octagon first. The Ohio boy pits his own Baczynski against Smith. Dillashaw sets up the next fight and goes with Krause vs. Urbina."

I mean, Stevenson is 34, was recently on a 4 fight losing streak and mostly fights at 155, has almost 50 fights and somehow he gets picked before Hayder Hassan.

Baghdad as two loses to Wade (sub) and Makdessi (split) and was on a five fight win streak and a decent TUF-run before that and is 32, but gets picked after Seth Baczymski who seems shot to shit and has a recent loss to Jesse Taylor.

I also assumed Nijem would be picked a little higher, but I guess he's a 155'er so maybe that's it.

Guess the whole lot except for like 3-4 people are just straight fade material anyway, but still a bit fun to think about.

Yeah, my order would have been: Krause, Bagdhad, Gordon, JT Money, Nijem, Smith (no idea how he is last), Lima, Hassan, Barczynski, Urbina, Gallichio, Edwards, Lane, Stevenson

Yea I think I'd rank Hassan higher but something like that.

Baczynski looked as shoot as I remembered. Also think Lima will be knocked out in his first or second fight, a few decent strikers with some kind of power and his chin is not that great.

wait bagdhad got chosen 2nd? must be a pretty week season, that dude barely beat artem

Dillashaw did such a better job of picking. Baghdad is not a good early pick with this lineup. There are several guys that can ground him out for 2 rounds. Garbrandt's picks are pretty bad when you look at potential matchups with wrestlers. With proper picking, I can honestly see a sweep.

If I was Dillashaw, one of my first priorities would be finding Stevenson a good matchup which is Julian Lane. I think he has trouble with everyone else.

Anyone else really enjoy episode 1 of The Ultimate Fighter?

Feel like I was pretty locked in compared to some of the other more recent seasons.

Prob because we know the fighters and they are all high quality.

No Cletus?

I mean the odds are retarded. How many different possible names there are? few thousand or even more. If you get it right u get your money back13x. Doesn't make sense at all. If you get it right you should get ur money back at least 10000x

Anyone else really enjoy episode 1 of The Ultimate Fighter?

Feel like I was pretty locked in compared to some of the other more recent seasons.

Prob because we know the fighters and they are all high quality.

Lots of people are bitching about the concept of this season, but I like it. Ironically, people were bitching and moaning about having another comeback season many years ago. Once it happens, people act like it's a bad idea.

No Cletus?

I mean the odds are retarded. How many different possible names there are? few thousand or even more. If you get it right u get your money back13x. Doesn't make sense at all. If you get it right you should get ur money back at least 10000x
Pretty sure your money is refunded if the name isn't listed since there isn't a "field" option

Dillashaw did such a better job of picking. Baghdad is not a good early pick with this lineup. There are several guys that can ground him out for 2 rounds. Garbrandt's picks are pretty bad when you look at potential matchups with wrestlers. With proper picking, I can honestly see a sweep.

Cody's picks made no sense.

bagdhad is such an overated fighter because of his striking credentials, does not seem well suited to mma at all, maybe he's improved since I saw but he's just so...meh

I don't mind the concept at all, actually i quite like it, but it seems an extremely weak season, reminds me of when joe riggs won tuf bellator, but half these guys are from like a couple seasons ago, cheapens the concept a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back