General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

That's a shame. Just got this and 7 Days to Die from Gamefly yesterday. Hearing that 7 Days to Die is buggy as fuck too. At least they're just rentals.

Yeah I'll finish it since i might as well seeing as i paid for it, but eh.

Oh well, yeah if they are rentals at least give them a shot.

7 Days to Die is fucking terrible. Graphics are pretty dated, but I thought if the crafting mechanics and zombie fighting are good I can get over that. Both are terrible.

Combat is ridiculous, you have to smash a zombie like 20 times to kill them. You can knock them down and finish them off, but when their on the ground and you strike there is no movement in the animation in the body, the zombie is just frozen until he decides to get back up. I'm sure when you level up combat is better, but a 1v1 encounter is sure to get hit a few times and 2v1 is a death sentence.

Crafting was okay at first. Gathering resources to make simple tools/weapons and reinforce a little house close to where I started as a base camp. Then to move from stone equipment to iron stuff I needed a forge, okay need to craft some stuff to build, no problem. See I need to craft a bellows to make the bellows, seems simple enough. See I need 20 animal skins, gotcha, time to go hunting. There are no god damn animals walking around in the desert I started in. After like 90 minutes looking for skins and looting random shit I had 2 skins. Fuck this, time to explore.

Wonder around for an hour, finding nothing useful, dying a few times, find more crap. Finally I stumble across some sort of hotel. Die a few times clearing out the zombies around the entrance, but finally clear it out and make my way inside. Look around and the place is completely empty, room after room of beds and no loot. Getting ready to leave when I notice the office door near the entrance and check it out and find a wall safe. I have no key, so I smash at it with my stone axe and widdle the duribiity down. Each strike knocks off around 5 durability, and after about 10 mintutes and 5 hand axes I get it down to like 300 durability when I hear a zombie dog attacking the entrance. He breaks in and I kill him, but I still die because I'm bleeding. Make my way back and finally open the safe to find some paper and some sun glasses. AAAnnnnnnddddd I'm done.

Also, something that pissed me off was finding you gear after you died. When you looted your backpack it would't put everything back in your hot bar the way you set it up, and it would strip off all of your armor so you had to re-equip it from you back pack. So glad this was a rental.

7 Days to Die is fucking terrible. Graphics are pretty dated, but I thought if the crafting mechanics and zombie fighting are good I can get over that. Both are terrible.

Combat is ridiculous, you have to smash a zombie like 20 times to kill them. You can knock them down and finish them off, but when their on the ground and you strike there is no movement in the animation in the body, the zombie is just frozen until he decides to get back up. I'm sure when you level up combat is better, but a 1v1 encounter is sure to get hit a few times and 2v1 is a death sentence.

Crafting was okay at first. Gathering resources to make simple tools/weapons and reinforce a little house close to where I started as a base camp. Then to move from stone equipment to iron stuff I needed a forge, okay need to craft some stuff to build, no problem. See I need to craft a bellows to make the bellows, seems simple enough. See I need 20 animal skins, gotcha, time to go hunting. There are no god damn animals walking around in the desert I started in. After like 90 minutes looking for skins and looting random shit I had 2 skins. Fuck this, time to explore.

Wonder around for an hour, finding nothing useful, dying a few times, find more crap. Finally I stumble across some sort of hotel. Die a few times clearing out the zombies around the entrance, but finally clear it out and make my way inside. Look around and the place is completely empty, room after room of beds and no loot. Getting ready to leave when I notice the office door near the entrance and check it out and find a wall safe. I have no key, so I smash at it with my stone axe and widdle the duribiity down. Each strike knocks off around 5 durability, and after about 10 mintutes and 5 hand axes I get it down to like 300 durability when I hear a zombie dog attacking the entrance. He breaks in and I kill him, but I still die because I'm bleeding. Make my way back and finally open the safe to find some paper and some sun glasses. AAAnnnnnnddddd I'm done.

Also, something that pissed me off was finding you gear after you died. When you looted your backpack it would't put everything back in your hot bar the way you set it up, and it would strip off all of your armor so you had to re-equip it from you back pack. So glad this was a rental.
sounds like shit, good thing i avoided it

yeah, you're not missing anything with this turd. On top of shit gameplay and crafting, there is stupid mechanics that suck even more enjoyment out of it. Heat stress is the dumbest game mechanic I've ever ran across. If you spen do much time in the open planes, the temp outside with send your body temp up. Running, fighting, swinging your pick axe are all things that will accelerate heat stress. Then you have to find water, take off clothes and rest, or find shelter and wait for it to go down.

Then when you hunker down for the night at your base camp with a bed roll, you can't sleep to advance the clock. You just have to wait out the night cycle. It's a good time to straighten out your inventory, repair items, and craft stuff but that's just a fraction of the time. The rest you just sit there and wait out the more aggresive night time zombies.

One thing that annoyed the hell out of me was looting my corpse after I died. All of your stuff was there, but it un-equips your armor and throws it into your inventory. So when you die with a full inventory you can properly loot your back pack since it's over full and you need to adjust your inventory just to pick stuff up. On top of that since your clothes are now in your back pack it shuffles all of your equipment, hot bar included. So I would set up stuff like my weapons and mining gear to swap out in my hot bar, but after I looted my body shit like my pants and gloves would end up in my hot bar and I was constantly rearranging my inventory.

So many little things about this game make it a fail on every level. It might play better on PC, but it was one of the worst games I've played in recent memory. And that's coming from a guy that finds enjoyment in most games I play. I beat Bound by Flame twice for fucks sake.

My jaw dropped, these guys are criminals.

Pretty bored with games right now, need something new. Should i pick up Uncharted 4 or preorder No Mans Sky?

Pretty bored with games right now, need something new. Should i pick up Uncharted 4 or preorder No Mans Sky?
Uncharted is great from what Ive seen, but its still the same old shit really.. Get No Mans Sky IMO

Uncharted is great from what Ive seen, but its still the same old shit really.. Get No Mans Sky IMO
Thats what i am leaning towards. Never could get into Uncharted but NMS seems like a bit of a gamble too.

Thats what i am leaning towards. Never could get into Uncharted but NMS seems like a bit of a gamble too.
people shit on me, but i like the first uncharted the best. had the most gameplay imo before it got too cinematic.

only played like 3 hours of Uncharted 2 and like 2 of 3 though. Neither of those drew me in like the first

Any of you guys play Enter The Gungeon? I haven't heard a single person talk about it on here. I love it, i'm trying to get all the trophies for it but it's brutal.

people shit on me, but i like the first uncharted the best. had the most gameplay imo before it got too cinematic.

only played like 3 hours of Uncharted 2 and like 2 of 3 though. Neither of those drew me in like the first

You really should give those games another chance. Especially 2. A couple of hours barely scratches the surface. Sounds like you got through that awful stealth section, and not much else. That game just keeps building and building.

Part 3 had a shitty intro too. Come to think of it, so did the original. Not the strongest of starters, those Uncharted games.

I'm really looking forward to this

I've been playing Uncharted 2 the last couple of days and I've been enjoying it a lot. I'm currently on the part where you have to avoid the tank in that Tibetian village (which has killed me the few times I attepted to get through). I wouldn't say it's one of my favourites on last gen like it is to so many others, but it has been a good time and it does make me want to play both the 1st and 3rd games (and 4th eventually). I've been really enjoying the story of 2, and of course the characters are some of the best I've seen written into games. Being a big DA:O it was really cool to hear the voice actors who did Morrigan and Alistair doing those scenes together at the beginning of the game. The gameplay mechanics are pretty decent too, although I hope some improvements were implemented there as the series went along. The only thing I dislike about the game is the puzzles just because I hate puzzles in general when it comes to games. Granted the ones in this game are simple as hell, though, and there's not many of them, so it's not that big of a deal. For me, they are just a waste of my time. Really good game overall, though.

Any of you guys play Enter The Gungeon? I haven't heard a single person talk about it on here. I love it, i'm trying to get all the trophies for it but it's brutal.

A bunch of people on my steam friends list play it so I checked it out but havent got it yet. I just recently got Risk of Rain and thats tough enough as it is. Enter the Gungeon looks tougher because of the top down view/more range of motion/more enemies. Are they planning on having a multiplayer mode (that isnt just split screen)? I honestly wouldnt want to take on that game by myself.

Hopped on some Black ops back compat on Xbox One. Man i love this game.

Just finished Uncharted 2 a few minutes ago. It kind of lost me towards the end with those blue humanoid things and then that final boss fight was quite disappointing with the way they elected to design that. Overall, it was still a very good experience, though, although I am kind of surprised it received the universal acclaim that it did when it came out. Not that it didn't deserve it's share of really high ratings. It most definitely did deserve them. I just thought there'd be be of a divide in regards to what kind of game it is, that's all.

A bunch of people on my steam friends list play it so I checked it out but havent got it yet. I just recently got Risk of Rain and thats tough enough as it is. Enter the Gungeon looks tougher because of the top down view/more range of motion/more enemies. Are they planning on having a multiplayer mode (that isnt just split screen)? I honestly wouldnt want to take on that game by myself.

The game is very tough imo, it's took me a while to get proficient at it but i'm finally at the stage of being able to get to the last boss regularly. i just love the gunplay and the dodge rolling. The range of items and guns is incredible too, loads of guns are references to guns made famous by movies, other games etc. For example you can get Mega Mans buster, Judge Dredds gun, Deckards gun from Blade Runner, The sword that fires swords from Zelda, The Proton Pack from Ghostbusters etc.

I play on PS4 so there's no co-op at all atm. It has a steep learning curve but i'm sure you would end up decent at it if you give it a go.

Back