General Gaming Discussion, v4: Summer Abyss

My review of Ghost Recon Wildlands would be its boring as fuck. Nothing inherently bad about it, graphics, gameplay, sound etc are all average or slightly above, theres a lot of content. But story is generic and the gameplay is overly repetitive and gets super boring.

That's why I didn't buy it. Looks fun in spurts and with friends, but gets boring very fast due to repetition.

I'll probably grab it on a deep sale.

Arma 3 got a new 64 bit executable, if you haven't played the game in a while because of performance issues, I recommend you give it a try and see if there's any improvement. I've noticed better and smoother frames.

outlast-trinity-512227.3.jpg

Yes I'm so happy this is getting a physical release, so getting this!

Comes out next month.

Shit did the pic not load haha?

Whoops its Outlast 2 on disc but it also comes with the first one and the dlc for $40

I can see it on my desktop at work at the moment, but at home last night on my iPad nothing was showing up.

Looks like Rainworld is a lot of trial and error. Bummer. I hadn't paid much attention to it in its development but it looked interesting.

http://www.pcgamer.com/rain-world-review

Still, it’s a hard game to learn. Slugcat has a small number of moves that aren’t necessarily gated, but you won’t realise they're there unless through circumstantial trial and error. Meanwhile, the free-roaming enemies can gang up on you in ways that can mean either certain death or a long time waiting for them to disperse, and the latter is often more grating when you’ve got torrential, deadly rain to worry about. Sometimes in Rain World, you just have to die. I’m sure other players will learn how to avoid certain death, but for most of us, the emergent nature of the game will at times feel unfair.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/27/rain-world-review/

Mostly, the feeling I have come away with is frustration. The philosophy here isn’t “we refuse to hold your hand”. It’s more like: “we are going to cover your hands with lubricant and task you with climbing a fireman’s pole”. The game doesn’t seem to realise that it’s strength isn’t in difficulty, or repeating areas again and again, but in discovery and wandering, in exploration and a sense of wonder.

At 20 hours, having discovered just 8 of the regions, I threw the gamepad aside with a mixture of exasperation and disappointment. There are those who will relish the challenge but I never found the slugcat’s family, and not just because there were no clues or direction as to their whereabouts. There was a big part of me that didn’t want to stop playing and maybe I’ll pick it up again some day, because there is so much to love about discovering the laws of nature behind this huge, ruined ecosystem. But with each random death, each accidental roll off a cliffside, each checkpoint drought, that love turned to ash. There is so much beauty and intrigue and diversity of life in Rain World. It’s a pity the game doesn’t want you to see any of it.

LOL! No, you see I'm married. Which means if my relationship ended I wouldn't be getting no iPad, I'd be losing my house.

So what your saying is...the ipad is still a threat.

oh-my.jpg

if you need to talk....im here bro

Still got a shit ton to do in Andromeda

Got Bulletstorm coming up next week. Pumped, not happy about the price but with my best buy memebership it will only be $48, superb fps campaign

Still got a shit ton to do in Andromeda

Got Bulletstorm coming up next week. Pumped, not happy about the price but with my best buy memebership it will only be $48, superb fps campaign

That game isnt worth 48$ get something else mate

Back