General demise of F12; other grappling fourms

I think it's because Jiu Jitsu used to be a niche sport that was small so you had to go to forums to talk about it openly.

Now bjj is pretty we'll known thanks to UFC and there is YouTube and a gajilion subscription sights. So many options for Jiu Jitsu media and interaction and that's outside of the gym.

Plus, Instagram culture makes it where people interact in short bursts. Why explain why you think nogi is better then gi when you can just tap the down vote button and smirk as an opinion you don't like gets taken away without any thought analysis.

This is a sport viable for casuals and casual people need casual media. The people obsessed with grappling will go where the casuals go because the obsessed go everywhere anyway.

Sherdog had its time but I think forums are kind of outdated anyway.

My Facebook feed is dominated by political stuff, and BJJ stuff. Videos, posts, links to events. It's all on Facebook. I'm connected to most things BJJ via Facebook.

I like F12, and while I don't post much, I certainly read alot of stuff.

Oh, dog stuff too. My Facebook feed has alot of dog stuff. Politics, BJJ, Dogs.

My Facebook feed is dominated by political stuff, and BJJ stuff. Videos, posts, links to events. It's all on Facebook. I'm connected to most things BJJ via Facebook.

I like F12, and while I don't post much, I certainly read alot of stuff.

Oh, dog stuff too. My Facebook feed has alot of dog stuff. Politics, BJJ, Dogs.

exactly this. high fives ned.

the new kids, i get that the inactivity doesn't make things as exciting as they used to be but we've also hit the south park/simpsons wall where we've already probably talked about it if you're paying attention and we're to the point where we need to talk about current events to keep the content going.

it's not a bad thing either. F12's been around so long we've got an insane amount of callbacks that are hilarious if you pay attention. Lugwrench, coleslaw, kenny basically exists to make fun of Dan, Dan exists to make fun of Dan.

Plus sitch. Calling his posts trolling is a disservice. Sitch game aint just on another level, it *is* another level. He's like equal parts Charlie Day, Gob Bluth, and Eric Cartman, and the good ones read like campfire stories. Sitch alone makes F12 search a gold mine.

Rich Polymath was a nice flash in the pan after Einar got banned. Shame some triggerhappy mod ended up banning him too shortly after.

Sitch was the best. TBone was the worst. Einar was the most entertaining

AEMD is fast approaching TBone status

You know something i've noticed is how the striking forum is even smaller, but also they tend not to engage in the sort of meta-threads that sometimes pop up round here.

Are the types attracted to grappling also types who tend to more self-conscious or introspective? My gut is saying yes.

Last edited:
You know something i've noticed is how the striking forum is even smaller, but also they tend not to engage in the sort of meta-threads that sometimes pop up round here.

Are the types attracted to grappling also types who tend to more self-conscious or introspective? My gut is saying yes.

I think forums die when a vocal in crowd shouts down whatever isn't a part of the echo chamber. This gets paired by people shouting down threads that you can find in the search function, while shouting down bumps of old posts.

In effect, forum members want forums to die, and they do.

Sometimes, I wonder if my students read my posts on F12.

Actually I will ask them where they post and read. Lol

Hayliks Forever, Forever Hayliks

ugly F12 was the best F12

Kenny - that's far and away your best video. The flip was instant classic, but taking off your belt at the end...bravo you magnificent bastard.

Just a General observation.

Instead of sit back and watch the forum burn to ashes, perhaps it´s time to start supporting with good topics (not wait for someone else to roll the ball).

There is plenty of good topics and grappling events to talk about so just do it.

This gets paired by people shouting down threads that you can find in the search function, while shouting down bumps of old posts.

Yeah, that sorta thing always annoyed me.

Like, the whole point is discussing things. If your answer is 'search function', why even use a forum? Im sure you could find all your answers in a 100 year old book somewhere.

I'm obviously pretty new here. You guys are all talking about a time with these people who are banned or left. Is there any way to find these posts or anything by them? or any recommendations on current posts still active on the forum to check out?

block out 3-4 hours of your life. click the magnifying glass in the top right corner. enter einarr, hayliks, sitcharoo** or johnsouth into the 'member search' criteria and fall down the rabbit hole

Kenny - that's far and away your best video. The flip was instant classic, but taking off your belt at the end...bravo you magnificent bastard.

We ah, say, ina my, my ah village, "ifa you no hava hespect, you no haveea teethy" okay?
This little boy do very, ah goood move footlocks witch me, so I givey ah heem he due hespect anda offer to heem mya, my belch Faxia Hoxa, to heem asa sign ofa hespect, very good skills, okay guys?

etc machado bb ben J kombative hicksonarmbar 74.9% reel fIte 4 k1hero's jR vice president in cRazy ruSsian sambo bathhouse

block out 3-4 hours of your life. click the magnifying glass in the top right corner. enter einarr, hayliks, sitcharoo** or johnsouth into the 'member search' criteria and fall down the rabbit hole
Oh god, the temptation is real. At work right now, might cause some problems. Thanks for the recommendation though, i'll check them out forsure.

Back