Gegard Mousasi is the lineal UFC Middleweight champion

Lots of guys have been champ in some other org and just gatekeepers in the ufc.
Some were Champ in the UFC... and...schooled in Pride or Vale Tudo Japan...

Some were Champ in the UFC... and...schooled in Pride or Vale Tudo Japan...
If you mean Weidman that name has great name value, but he's looked pretty bad for a couple years. Still a good win tho.

And I'm not some Moose hater. I have a bunch of the dream events and rewatch the mw gp all the time. And the lw gp. He's a great fighter, just not the best mw like some of his fans think.

Menne > Bustamante > Hendo (Hendo was November 9, 2003)

Wrong

Menne > Bustamante > Rampage (Jackson was August 10, 2003)

And when my boy MVP wins the belt, we'll revisit this.

If you mean Weidman that name has great name value, but he's looked pretty bad for a couple years. Still a good win tho.

And I'm not some Moose hater. I have a bunch of the dream events and rewatch the mw gp all the time. And the lw gp. He's a great fighter, just not the best mw like some of his fans think.
Spider,Couture...

He's one of the most underrated fighters in MMA history. He's beaten Lombard, Jarcare, Mark Hunt, OSP, Latifi, Munoz, Henderson, Belfort, Hall, Weidman, and now Carvalho. Yet gets almost no credit.
Lol, he is not close to underrated

For those who don't know what a lineal title is, it's basically a "man who beat the man" type of thing.

Some rules for lineage.

1. Belt can't go outside of weight class. It says Middleweight for a reason, goofs.
2. the Filho-Sonnen fight does not count as it was at catchweight due to Filho being overweight. With that reason, it's not part of the lineage.

Menne > Bustamante > Hendo > Misaki > Filho (unified with WEC Middleweight title) > Paraisy > Falcao > Shlemenko (unified with Bellator Middleweight title) > Halsey > Carvalho > Mousasi.

Mousasi is also lineal WEC Middleweight champion. Thoughts?
Can't believe they let Mousasi go,top 5 fighter for sure..

For those who don't know what a lineal title is, it's basically a "man who beat the man" type of thing.

Some rules for lineage.

1. Belt can't go outside of weight class. It says Middleweight for a reason, goofs.
2. the Filho-Sonnen fight does not count as it was at catchweight due to Filho being overweight. With that reason, it's not part of the lineage.

Menne > Bustamante > Hendo > Misaki > Filho (unified with WEC Middleweight title) > Paraisy > Falcao > Shlemenko (unified with Bellator Middleweight title) > Halsey > Carvalho > Mousasi.

Thoughts? I think you Mousasi fans are quite sad. That’s pretty much it.

Some rules for lineage.

Machida beat Moose so he's the lineal UFC and WEC MW champ?

Spider,Couture...
The Andy that lost in pride wasn't the same guy getting tapped by Japanese lws. He improved his grappling by leaps and bounds after those fights.

Likewise Randy had no sub defense in his early career. Hence losses to guys like Enson and Reem Lite.

He's one of the most underrated fighters in MMA history. He's beaten Lombard, Jarcare, Mark Hunt, OSP, Latifi, Munoz, Henderson, Belfort, Hall, Weidman, and now Carvalho. Yet gets almost no credit.
Cool he subbed mid 2000’s mark hunt, so did Sean mccorkle

The Andy that lost in pride wasn't the same guy getting tapped by Japanese lws. He improved his grappling by leaps and bounds after those fights.

Likewise Randy had no sub defense in his early career. Hence losses to guys like Enson and Reem Lite.
Spider actually left Chuteboxe after the Takase loss, and went to BTT, much b4 the Chonan loss.

It´s a myth to say that Spider only started to improve his ground game in the UFC.

Couture lost those fights coz of poor fight IQ.

Spider actually left Chuteboxe after the Takase loss, and went to BTT, much b4 the Chonan loss.

It´s a myth to say that Spider only started to improve his ground game in the UFC.

Couture lost those fights coz of poor fight IQ.
I didn't say he only improved his ground game once in the ufc. Randy, like many early wrestlers, had bad submission defense early in his career.

I didn't say he only improved his ground game once in the ufc. Randy, like many early wrestlers, had bad submission defense early in his career.
So u see, can be champ material in your UFC org, but can have problematic matchups in other orgz...

But is Mousasi as entertaining as the fighters headlining main events in the UFC ?

Back