Gegard Mousasi is the lineal UFC Middleweight champion

Specifically I was talking about how he was.never a real mw champion. The entire time he was champ the best mw was in the ufc. The same way Nick Diaz was NEVER a legit world champ, gsp was the best ww.
Matter of perspective... One could be Champ under one org, with a specific fight configuration and ruleset, and probably not a potential Champ under another one...

Matter of perspective... One could be Champ under one org, with a specific fight configuration and ruleset, and probably not a potential Champ under another one...
Theoretically sure. Practically speaking nobody thinks the best mws in the world are in Bellator.

Theoretically sure. Practically speaking nobody thinks the best mws in the world are in Bellator.
ok u´re talkin about the current situation, thought u were talkin about his whole career

For those who don't know what a lineal title is, it's basically a "man who beat the man" type of thing.

Some rules for lineage.

1. Belt can't go outside of weight class. It says Middleweight for a reason, goofs.
2. the Filho-Sonnen fight does not count as it was at catchweight due to Filho being overweight. With that reason, it's not part of the lineage.

Menne > Bustamante > Hendo > Misaki > Filho (unified with WEC Middleweight title) > Paraisy > Falcao > Shlemenko (unified with Bellator Middleweight title) > Halsey > Carvalho > Mousasi.

Mousasi is also lineal WEC Middleweight champion. Thoughts?

My thoughts are agian with this lineal shit?

Lineal belts are gay.

That is all.

^^^^^^^^

Nailed it..great post

The only lineal belts that matter are the Super Hluk and the Saku belt.

ok u´re talkin about the current situation, thought u were talkin about his whole career
The current situation mostly. However when he was the champ in dream and strikeforce, the number one guy was in the ufc. He's never had a legit argument for being the best mw in the world.

Not that he's a can because he's not the top guy, but his fans often go full retard saying he's the best in the world. He had a chance to prove that and failed multiple times.

He gets takendown too easily.

Would never last against Rockhold or Romero etc..

Jacare beat the living crap out of him

The current situation mostly. However when he was the champ in dream and strikeforce, the number one guy was in the ufc. He's never had a legit argument for being the best mw in the world.

Not that he's a can because he's not the top guy, but his fans often go full retard saying he's the best in the world. He had a chance to prove that and failed multiple times.
who knows... Dream was a Pride-like environment... Openweight fights and different ruleset/fight configuration... than the UFC... Would the UFC Champ, the best in the world as u said, have survived in such an enviroment?...

For those who don't know what a lineal title is, it's basically a "man who beat the man" type of thing.

Some rules for lineage.

1. Belt can't go outside of weight class. It says Middleweight for a reason, goofs.
2. the Filho-Sonnen fight does not count as it was at catchweight due to Filho being overweight. With that reason, it's not part of the lineage.

Menne > Bustamante > Hendo > Misaki > Filho (unified with WEC Middleweight title) > Paraisy > Falcao > Shlemenko (unified with Bellator Middleweight title) > Halsey > Carvalho > Mousasi.

Mousasi is also lineal WEC Middleweight champion. Thoughts?
According to this Mousasi just lost.

who knows... Dream was a Pride-like environment... Openweight fights and different ruleset/fight configuration... than the UFC... Would the UFC Champ, the best in the world as u said, have survived in such an enviroment?...
We'll never know. We do know the best guys in the world weren't in that tournament.

Dreams tournaments were great though.

We'll never know. We do know the best guys in the world weren't in that tournament.

Dreams tournaments were great though.
Was like in Pride with Wand... U could become champ, but at one point u "had" or were convinced to go full openweight as the Champ.. That´s why both Wand & Mousasi fought a HW like Hunt.

The champ had to be prepared for that, and it was a dangerous game (see Wand b4 and after the Hunt fight)

Was like in Pride with Wand... U could become champ, but at one point u "had" or were convinced to go full openweight as the Champ.. That´s why both Wand & Mousasi fought a HW like Hunt.

The champ had to be prepared for that, and it was a dangerous game (see Wand b4 and after the Hunt fight)
Yeah the hunt that fought in dream was not as good as the hunt in pride or.the ufc. He was on quite the slump for years.

Yeah the hunt that fought in dream was not as good as the hunt in pride or.the ufc. He was on quite the slump for years.
sure...but u still had to beat him... the best MW in the world that u were talking about, would he have gone to the ground?

sure...but u still had to beat him... the best MW in the world that u were talking about, would he have gone to the ground?
I think that's the better option. Although manhoef did knock him out during that same timeframe. Depends on the style of the fighter.

I knew you would respond with something silly like this. Yes talent is often split between orgs. But this is not like the situation where half of the ranked hws were in strike force. For example. Almost all the elite mws are in the ufc.

And we know Moose can't beat all of those guys. We already saw him lose to Machida, in the rematch with Jacare, and to a gatekeeper in Uriah Hall. He isn't the best mw in thw world. Winning the Bellator belt doesn't change that.
Who said he was the best? I am clearly pointing out that he is one of the best MW in the world. He was ranked 4 in the UFC before his departure. Good win for hall, got destroyed in the rematch. What else will you come up with to discredit the 5 time world titlist?

Who said he was the best? I am clearly pointing out that he is one of the best MW in the world. He was ranked 4 in the UFC before his departure. Good win for hall, got destroyed in the rematch. What else will you come up with to discredit the 5 time world titlist?
Nobody is saying he isn't elite. I said in my original post people act like he's the number one mw, when that clearly isn't true.

Nobody is saying he isn't elite. I said in my original post people act like he's the number one mw, when that clearly isn't true.
You also said no organization matters except the UFC. I just think you are a bit harsh. Moose has always been praised on sherdog for a reason.... Hes a monster. He had a great run in the ufc, who are you fooling. He proved what we all knew... He is exactly what moat of us thought. He can hang with the top dogs in the UFC. He has a great resume. Even outside the UFC, although that wouldnt matter to you since only UFC fights determine skill.

You also said no organization matters except the UFC. I just think you are a bit harsh. Moose has always been praised on sherdog for a reason.... Hes a monster. He had a great run in the ufc, who are you fooling. He proved what we all knew... He is exactly what moat of us thought. He can hang with the top dogs in the UFC. He has a great resume. Even outside the UFC, although that wouldnt matter to you since only UFC fights determine skill.
Context. No other org has enough top mws to matter. Strikeforce had a great mw division, but those guys were absorbed into the ufc long ago. These days most of the best mws are in the ufc.

Back