Gegard mousasi is the best striker in mw history,he would turn Anderson silva into a wrestler

*Argues that Silva was outstruck

Posts a picture of a flying heel hook being applied.....

Makes sense.
are you disagreeing that silva was outstruck?

silva and penn had the same weakness.....fast, lateral moving strikers....

He's probably the best middleweight imo, especially post USADA, everyone has an opinion though.

In MMA, Silva by far.

KO-of-the-Week-UFC-FIGHT-PASS-LONDON-Anderson-Silva-Vitor-Belfort_578307_OpenGraphImage.jpg
The guy who got outstruck twice by a wrestler?

In MMA, Silva by far.

KO-of-the-Week-UFC-FIGHT-PASS-LONDON-Anderson-Silva-Vitor-Belfort_578307_OpenGraphImage.jpg
That night I was very butt hurt but learned to respect Anderson after that. Had waited years thinking Vitor would come back to UFC and murk Anderson.

That said I believe Anderson began declining sfter this.

Mousasi got stomped by Hall lol
You gotta admit that this was a crazy ending. It wasn't Mousasi's lack of skill that lost him that fight.
Uriah busted out a high risk unpredictable.unorthodox move out of his ass and caught him flush right on the button.

You gotta admit that this was a crazy ending. It wasn't Mousasi's lack of skill that lost him that fight.
Uriah busted out a high risk unpredictable.unorthodox move out of his ass and caught him flush right on the button.

Think of what Anderson would have done.

That night I was very butt hurt but learned to respect Anderson after that. Had waited years thinking Vitor would come back to UFC and murk Anderson.

That said I believe Anderson began declining sfter this.
Of course. It can never be that he had tough opponents who gave him harder fights.

Think of what Anderson would have done.
Its true...but who knows....Mousasi's style is completely different. I...really would have liked to have seen this fight when Anderson was still on top! Shame.

Edson Barboza.

I just can't stand Mousasi and his annoying, deluded fanbase.

Cmon man we might be annoying but we're not Platinum fan level deluded
Mousasi is an animal and an elite talent that has been proven over a decade, him vs any middleweight in the world is a coin flip or in Gegards favour
Real talk

Anderson would probably duck him.

Horrible match-up for him

Anderson would probably duck him.

Horrible match-up for him
I don't think we can say that with any confidence. I just would have liked to see it. You don't know which moose is gonna show up.

Machida out strike him quiet easily.

Uriah hall dropped and finished him

Jacare out struck him quiet easily.

These were all in his prime.

Great fighter but no.

im tired of people thinking former kickboxers must be great mma strikers. they are completely different things.

mma is a fallback sport.

I used to think this and put money on him to beat Machida in a fucking tailor made kickboxing match against a guy nearly 10 years older. He looked like the old guy in that fight, lame as fuck, turned me against him for a long time. He was outclassed standing.

Lmao....no, just no. Mousasi doesn't know the meaning of agility, and footwork. He has piss poor footwork, and has to be set at all times in order to throw and land his strikes. Can't fight going backwards, and doesn't have the best boxing defense, seeing that Chris was tagging him with a bunch of punches, and kicks as well.

He's very reliant on his chin, and doesn't have Greta head movement like Silva does. He uses his gloves more for defense, then natural head and body movement he should have from the years of striking experience he has.

And styles wise, I think Silva eats him up. He likes to plod foralward, and chase. Cant cut the cage off to save his life. Silva would light him up something crazy if he fought the way he did against Machida.

Back