Coverage has ended. Big thanks to GI!
Click Here for their Gears 4 hub.

Note: Click Here or scroll down for Multiplayer

Campaign

Two Player Co-op -
  • "...via both online and split screen play." - GI
Setting -
  • Planet Sera, 25 years after Gears of War 3
  • Set over the course of one Seran day (26 hrs)
Protaganists - "JD, Del and Kait form a quick bond... they come face to face with a hideous new threat." - GI
  • JD Fenix [Liam McIntyre] - Main protagonist. Son to Marcus. Lieutenant in the COG until a classified incident forced him AWOL.
  • Kait Diaz [Laura Bailey] - Born and raised as an outsider but capable survivalist. Kait's mother is an Outsider leader named Reyna.
  • Del "Delmont" Walker [Eugene Byrd] - Ex-COG soldier who has followed JD much of his life. Went AWOL with JD after the incident.
Support Characters -
  • Reyna Diaz - Reyna is Kait's mother and the leader of the Outsider village.
  • Oscar Diaz - Oscar Diaz is Kait's uncle and Reyna's brother-in-law.
Dynamic Weather [pic] -"
  • "During a category four storm, players must dodge lightning flurries." - GI
  • "In a category three windstorm, players feel the wind pushing against them, and projectile weapons, get dragged off course." - GI
Traditional Control Scheme -
  • "...away from the fps-style controls laid out in Gears: Judgement." - GI
Close Combat System -
  • Pull opponents over cover onto your side before performing a knife execution.
  • Depending on your angle you will perform different animations while performing knife executions.
Redesigned Mantling [pic] -
  • "Vaulting over cover is much more fluid." - GI
Shoulder Charge -
  • "When moving out of cover players can shoulder charge which knocks enemies off balance..." - GI
Resolution -
  • "1080p, 30fps" - Rod
Past Cameo's -
  • "less than five" - Rod
Miscellaneous -
  • Rod Ferguson's answers to GI -"No Jack... No imulsion left... Thrashball is kind of around...Stranded aren't stranded anymore... Enemies use lancers... Potential HOD...Campaign length potentially longer than Gear 1... Curbstomps... Overrun is underrated... Favorite map is checkout... Carmine dynasty lives on... Gears 4 on PC is a possibility..." - Rod

Weapons
  • Buzzkill [pic] - "takes a few seconds to warm up... spits out a stream of circular sawblades that ricochet around the environment." - GI
  • Dropshot [pic] -"...explosive charge attached to a drill that can be lobbed across a battlefield... fills a hole left by the digger." - GI
  • Combat Knife [pic] -"...perform a quick melee kill using Gears 4's new combat knife." - GI
Weapons from GI pics:
Gnasher [Confirmed]
Lancer [Confirmed]
Hammerburst
Torque Bow
Longshot
Boltok
Snub [Confirmed]
Frags

Weapons Not Returning -
Digger [Replaced by Dropshot]
Ink Grenade [Source]

Enemies

Juvie [pic] - "Much like wretches... fast moving, melee based creatures." - GI
Drones [pic 1, 2, 3] - "...a Juvie might eventually evolve... homage to its doppelganger in the locust army." - GI
  • Imago -
  • Grenadier -
  • Sniper -
  • Hunter -
Pouncer [pic] - "...giant mole rat-like creature... shifts its role based on player strategies." - GI
Snatcher - Not much known. Spider-like? Snatches people?
Screamer - Not much known. Possibly a Juvie variation that will pop all pods close by.

Miscellaneous - Juvies were designed to push people out of cover as a training for multiplayer.
Enemies move more naturally. They jump from cover to cover, fan out and are aware of each other.

Multiplayer

Design Team -
Combat Knife -
  • "In multiplayer, faction has its own knife design." - GI
Take-down System -
  • Allows players to initiate a series of close-combat melee take-downs.
  • Players on the receiving end have several ways to counter the attacks.
Game Modes -
  • "...the team did acknowledge the importance of modes like Horde..." - GI
Human vs Beast -
  • One side will play as the new Swarm enemy, while the other side will play as either COG or Outsiders.
Resolution -
  • "60fps" - Rod
Environmental -
  • At this time the team isn't planning on incorporating wind flares into the game's multiplayer maps.
eSports -
  • "What were trying to do now is treat eSports as a brand. We started that with the Ultimate Edition where we partnered with the ESL, and worked to created different seasons in of a pro league as well as an open series that spans North America, Europe, New Zealand, and Australia. During our championships, we had over 130,000 unique viewers on Twitch, and we sold out of tickets for a live event down in Burbank." - Adam Fletcher aka TC PezRadar
Thoughts on Casual and Pro players -
  • "When I was at Epic, we didn't really value pro players. We were always focused on accessibility and how to get more recreational players. We let pro players do whatever they wanted and tried not to overdevelop for them. Now we're trying to find that balance." - Rod

Gamertags:

Me = Dre Kriggs
Was Exiled = sh0w3r m4n
Fijeeto = Rkz Galvatron
Tamriel Terror = Mannimarcos
DeYanKees1 = DeYanKees1
jdionio = jdionio
El Che = La Ownda

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss Gears. Makes me contemplate picking up an Xbox ...

I'm pretty excited for this. If they bring back Horde, I'm in for sure.

I only really liked GOW 1....never got into the other GOW, I bought em but never played them.

I'm pretty excited for this. If they bring back Horde, I'm in for sure.
This! Horde is one of my favorite co op experiences. I've spent countless hours on Hardcore and Insane in GOW 2 & 3 with my buddies. If they bring back horde we should do a Sherdog horde session :D

I still need to play Gears 2, 3 and Judgment. I'll probably get to this in 2020.

Absolutely love the series, but i enjoy beating the campaigns co op, and horde more than multiplayer.

Shit yeah!

Finished GoW Ultimate edition last week. Had fun playing through it again.

Am a total Gears fan. Probably my favorite game series of all time. Only gaming series that I read the books for and they were terrific because they had a real author write them.

Gears 3 is the greatest MP game of all time. Best balance I've ever seen. Every weapon is useful. My most played MP of all time and the one I have the best memories around even though I played it almost always solo.

Gears 4 is my most anticipated game in a really really long time.

I'm a good gears player. Not elite, but my K/D approached 2.0, IIRC. Boomshot for the win!

Love the series. Love the story (when it's fleshed out with the books).

Hated Judgement. Played MP for just a few hours and never finished the campaign (although I thought it was kind of fun).

Did not play ultimate so I'm nto sure if I'll get into the beta. But if I do, I'll hammer it hard man.

Look forward to connecting with my Sherbros and blasting fools.

Release date just confirmed for October 11th, SO FUCKING HYPED! I'm a tad nervous but I think it'll live up to the hype, the only thing that bothers me is The Swarm drones look just like the Locust just a tad mutated.

I only really liked GOW 1....never got into the other GOW, I bought em but never played them.

You'll probably like 4 then, it's going back to the darker roots of the 1st.

I haven't played a MP Gears since 2. For sure going to truths one though.

Back