GDR responding to criticism over getting stripped of the WFW title.

SK1hMif.png

Ironladymma As many of you guys will know, the UFC has stripped me from the belt.
For those of us who do not know what that means; The UFC has unpacked my title because I refuse to fight against their number one challenger. (I have my reasons for that)
It's great to hear this news from the media and I'm sorry that it's running, but it's what it's!

Well, I hear you thinking again 'She's scared! What a bad champion! A shame for the sport! She did not deserve to be a champion! " Etc .. etc .. I've seen it all over.
But apart from what everyone thinks / finds, I'm walking my own path. And there you can agree or not.

That I'm stripped does not mean I'm stopping.
This only means that I have more reasons to knock (literally sometimes ) for which I stand and what I want.

The UFC is not long for me !! It's easy to stand with the crowd. It takes Courage to stand alone "Die with memories not dreams!" #nevergiveup #fighter #netherlands #holland #utrecht #ufcfighter #ufc #fitdutchies #tattooedgirl #ironlady #germainederandamie #teamgermaine #alwayssmile #nobodytakesawaymysmile #strengthandhonor #pride #respect #reebok
Looks like same situation as Mark Hunt and Brock to me. UFC knows she's dirty but need to bring cyborg in to help women's mma

this business of fighters finding out stuff like this from the press rather than from the ufc is fucking disgusting, regardless what you think of germaine. sorta like finding out your wife wants a divorce by finding her getting railed in your bedroom
Same thing happened to might mouse regarding the Dillashaw fight. It's one of the UFC's favorite tactic. Go straight to the media so that you either aquiesce, or you end up looking bad.

I have no problem with fighters refusing to fight known steroid cheats. If only every fighter did this then the steroid problem would be a much smaller issue. I hate seeing cowards who use steroids take opportunities away from clean, hard working athletes

I will concur here. If she wants to apply for the job of martyr by refusing to fight a flagrant cheater who has clearly used and abused PED's for an extended period, I have no problems with that. But you don't make yourself a martyr, you merely have to hope others see you that way.

I would have more respect for her if she just personally (not through her management) came right out and said, I refuse to fight Cyborg because of her long and storied history of PED use. And if that has consequences so be it. Then quietly wait and work for her next opportunity and allow others to come to their own conclusions about the merits of her choice.

I've lost some respect for GDR. If she wasn't okay with the prospect of fighting Cyborg, she shouldn't never moved up in the first place.

Same thing happened to might mouse regarding the Dillashaw fight. It's one of the UFC's favorite tactic. Go straight to the media so that you either aquiesce, or you end up looking bad.

Yup i think theyve been doing stuff like this for a while now. Really shitty business tactic

I get what you are saying, but the only issue is that she KNEW from the very begining that the UFC created that division for Cyborg. She knew she'd have to fight her eventually. Why even take the fight at 145 in the first place if you have no intention of fighting Cyborg?

For money and to win a title of course. Meaningless though it may be.

Cyborg turned down a fight with GDR for UFC 206

Yet conor still has the lw belt

To be fair, we have no evidence that he has declined any fights. UFC is actually encouraging him to not defend at this point by allowing the Mayweather fight.

Yup i think theyve been doing stuff like this for a while now. Really shitty business tactic
In the past it worked, because fighters were either scared to speak out, or because they were being placated with those "bonuses." Times have definitely changed.

Can't be accused of ducking contenders, if you throw up a smokescreen big enough to evade your own sport.
I don't think that's a valid argument can you please give some examples. I can give to that a the exact opposite of your argument. He agreed to fight Chad Mendes and Nate Diaz on short notice. And for the diaz fight he moved up two divisions. And for the rematch of Nate Diaz he agreed to fight Donald Cerrone just in case Diaz fell out.

Good job UFC continue with your double standards. Let Bisping and Mcgregor fuck off as much as they want, but strip your inaugural FW woman's champ in a blink of an eye. Brings so much integrity and legitimacy to your organization

Yet conor still has the lw belt

Im not a Conor fan, yet im ok with him still having the belt, GDR beat Holm, another 135er that was on a 0-2 streak, cheap shots, i dont like Holm more either....i like Cyborg even less, but she KNEW Cyborg was next for the winner, yet she even tried to fight Holm twice and ran away from Cyborg, Conor is better, at least he took the belt from a LW champ.

Good job UFC continue with your double standards. Let Bisping and Mcgregor fuck off as much as they want, but strip your inaugural FW woman's champ in a blink of an eye. Brings so much integrity and legitimacy to your organization
Bisping was smart enough to say he has a knee injury instead of flat out saying he refused to fight Romero and if you don't like it strip me. Conor also never said I refuse to fight a certain fighter, I'll vacate rather than fight him.

Last edited:
I was never nostalgic, but lately I've started to miss the Pride days when men where men and women where minding there own business in Smackgirl.

She's gonna put shame on that 145 division. Gonna fight at 135 and lose her next fight.

Cyborg is only failed once. So she is not a "repeat offender".
She failed twice, but was given a retroactive TUE. So, it's like murdering someone then claiming insanity as a defense and being acquitted of the murder. The person that was killed is still dead, however, the offender is free to kill or take PEDs again.

Back