GDR on ducking cyborg: I have a full time job, this is just a hobby, I plan to have kids some day

It's a super common defense mechanism for insecure people to act like they don't care or cling to something else that they pretend is more important. Kids do it all the time and many continue into adulthood.

When my brother would beat me at Sega NHL games I would say I wasn't even trying. Fighters who lose will say they barely trained or in this case act like the MMA is just a hobby, etc.

You're right. You're also wrong, though. It's impossible for us to know how her full-time job is, and if she truly puts in full hours at work, it makes perfect sense that MMA is a hobby for her - especially in her mind because she'll schedule MMA around her work. If being a reigning MMA champion was her true goal in life, she could've and would've quit her regular job by now, but she clearly put her "civilian life" first.

If fighting comes second for her, ducking isn't much of a thing, I guess. After all, the whole concept of ducking comes down to fighters' egos and not being scared of anyone, as well as claiming and believing that you're the greatest. If you value your day job above your (lucrative) hobby, the concept might not matter all that much.

It's a super common defense mechanism for insecure people to act like they don't care or cling to something else that they pretend is more important. Kids do it all the time and many continue into adulthood.

When my brother would beat me at Sega NHL games I would say I wasn't even trying. Fighters who lose will say they barely trained or in this case act like the MMA is just a hobby, etc.
Totally true, but it should be added that the UFC's pay is so shitty for some lower-end fighters that it's not unrealistic for them to need a second job.

GDR getting so much hate for openly refusing to fight Cyborg. Meanwhile no one is asking how come Holly Holm isn't fighting for the title this weekend ......... wasn't that supposed to be the original matchup, Cris v Holly?

she fights fuck all. less than once a year on average in MMA. and prior to her title fight, she was 'allegedly' on ~22/11k contracts. so yeh, she obviously has a second job.
but so what, don't have the moniker 'iron lady' and carry on like you are a champion if thats not what you want. fans want to see fighters, not part-timers. good luck to her and i hope she finds what she wants, but she has just twice now exposed herself as having no reason to be on the main stage. UFC did the right thing by stripping her.

Jesus, it's not like Cyborg threatened to eat her children like Mike Tyson...

This might be the loudest quack I've ever heard from a duck.

UFC should just cut her after her next fight. Shes not a draw, her biggest win is questionable, she ducked cyborg, and shits just a hobby to her anyways. Shes got another job so she will be fine.

hope she loses her upcoming match so badly she either retires or get cut.

disgrace for the sport.

Some people on here obviously just love this "who's scared of whom" game and can't get past that mentality regardless of what's being presented. Yes, I guess you could say she ducked Cyborg. But think about how many people train in martial arts and even MMA but don't compete, because they don't want to kill their bodies/brains or have jobs they don't want to leave. Sherdog logic states that every martial artist who's not fighting all comers is a duck.

No one knows what it's like to recover from a fight better than these fighters. If fighting to become a champion isn't their only aspiration in life, it's actually smart to not wreck your body so badly that it ruins the other parts of your life. And honestly, having a full-time job while training, or trying to find time to train, to fight someone like Cyborg sounds like pure madness.

Also, I don't care about GDR really, regardless of what she does or doesn't do, so don't waste your precious "rustled jimmies" memes. I doubt I'll follow this thread too closely because it's pretty clear where this is going. I just wanted to comment because it's interesting how invested people are in this "duck or not" thing. :D

With all do respect. You sound like a fucking idiot. She clearly ducked cyborg. There is no "maybe" about it. Are you stupid? You don't even have to read between the lines. This shit is clear. It is 100% fact.....dumbass

Things like this make UFC look bush league.

Makes that belt look meaningless. Jon Jones wouldn't sign that belt.

wRdnP5C.png
WELL SAID G.D.R !!

FaaaAUK THE UFC LMAO

Totally true, but it should be added that the UFC's pay is so shitty for some lower-end fighters that it's not unrealistic for them to need a second job.
While this is true, and reebok pay sucks, they do pay pretty well for title fights. She made 30k from reebok on top of what the UFC paid her, and would've been paid another 40k from reebokto fight cyborg. that's 70k guaranteed in endorsements, and I'm sure her pay would've went up for becoming champion. she could've made s decent amount of money for just those two fights, but that would mean she had to fight cyborg and we saw which way she went on that.

Every time she talks it just gets worse. She should start bringing a lawyer along with her so she doesn't say something that makes her look bad every time she's interviewed.

Not exactly an exciting fighter, overtly ducking after challenging for the title, awful excuses including 'wanting to have kids someday', declaring she does not care about her MMA career, dumb as a rock, and ugly as a mut.

What's left to like? Honestly, she's annoying, boring, corwardly, uninspired and unsightly.

Maybe she needs to stop if she can't stick with an excuse..

Translation "I don't want to explain to my kids one day how my face got fucked up by Big Brazilian lady".

*rustled*

hobby suicide bruh.

i.e.- "i want kids, so instead of fighting Cyborg, i will stick to safer things like arresting criminals".

She is a cop ?

Cybog should go and shoplift or something in front of her. :D

Back