GDR on ducking cyborg: I have a full time job, this is just a hobby, I plan to have kids some day

it took her this long to come up with that many excuses??

Some people on here obviously just love this "who's scared of whom" game and can't get past that mentality regardless of what's being presented. Yes, I guess you could say she ducked Cyborg. But think about how many people train in martial arts and even MMA but don't compete, because they don't want to kill their bodies/brains or have jobs they don't want to leave. Sherdog logic states that every martial artist who's not fighting all comers is a duck.

No one knows what it's like to recover from a fight better than these fighters. If fighting to become a champion isn't their only aspiration in life, it's actually smart to not wreck your body so badly that it ruins the other parts of your life. And honestly, having a full-time job while training, or trying to find time to train, to fight someone like Cyborg sounds like pure madness.

Also, I don't care about GDR really, regardless of what she does or doesn't do, so don't waste your precious "rustled jimmies" memes. I doubt I'll follow this thread too closely because it's pretty clear where this is going. I just wanted to comment because it's interesting how invested people are in this "duck or not" thing. :D

Huh? Nothing but the most important thing of all - her health and well being.

Brah.. she's a pro fighter, and a highly skilled one. Cyborg is human just like all of us, she looks like a killer but she's not even undefeated, she can lose too.

I understand she wants to have kids and all that but is a fight with Cyborg REALLY going to cause career ending brain trauma?

Cyborg has all these fighters mentally FUCKED, it's crazy.

Says she's not afraid of Cyborg and that Cyborg's a cheater..... Didn't say shit to Cyborg's face when Cyborg went up to her and made her take a face off pic (pretending everything was cool and the fight was on), had to wait til she was safe behind the keyboard to talk. Legit Scared shitless.

Interview was all over the place.

First she says she told the UFC before she signed the contract to fight Holly that she was planning to go back to 135 to fight Nunes after winning the belt and the UFC said they were OK with that.

She says she turned down the fight because cyborg got caught for diuretics, her hand is still hurt, she has a full time job and can't get vacation time so she wouldn't be ready for July 29. She had some days against Holly where she trained and some days where she couldn't because she had a job. Fighting is just a hobby for her, she doesn't live a fighter's life and she doesn't fight for money.

It didn't hurt at all to the lose the belt, she felt relieved and she doesn't care about the belt. Lastly, she says she wants to have kids one day and doesn't want them to think it's OK to use PEDs.

She is an embarrassment and should never be allowed to fight in the UFC again. She is straight up running and making thinly veiled excuses as do most people when it comes to fighting Cyborg

Interview was all over the place.

First she says she told the UFC before she signed the contract to fight Holly that she was planning to go back to 135 to fight Nunes after winning the belt and the UFC said they were OK with that.

She says she turned down the fight because cyborg got caught for diuretics, her hand is still hurt, she has a full time job and can't get vacation time so she wouldn't be ready for July 29. She had some days against Holly where she trained and some days where she couldn't because she had a job. Fighting is just a hobby for her, she doesn't live a fighter's life and she doesn't fight for money.

It didn't hurt at all to the lose the belt, she felt relieved and she doesn't care about the belt. Lastly, she says she wants to have kids one day and doesn't want them to think it's OK to use PEDs.

I could care less what she does or says
<Fedor23>

Brah.. she's a pro fighter, and a highly skilled one. Cyborg is human just like all of us, she looks like a killer but she's not even undefeated, she can lose too.

I understand she wants to have kids and all that but is a fight with Cyborg REALLY going to cause career ending brain trauma?

Cyborg has all these fighters mentally FUCKED, it's crazy.
The answer is no, but only because they stop Cyborgs fights way too fast before she can deliver a thorough beatdown to it's maximum effect.

Cyborg is unnatural, if I was a woman I wouldn't want to fight her either. That being said, GDR must have known this division was made for Cyborg and shouldn't have fought there in the first place if she didn't want to fight her.

What is this amazing job that she calls MMA a hobby in comperance too ? Must pay well

It's a super common defense mechanism for insecure people to act like they don't care or cling to something else that they pretend is more important. Kids do it all the time and many continue into adulthood.

When my brother would beat me at Sega NHL games I would say I wasn't even trying. Fighters who lose will say they barely trained or in this case act like the MMA is just a hobby, etc.

so she cant have kids after getting knocked out by cyborg?

Some people on here obviously just love this "who's scared of whom" game
don't waste your precious "rustled jimmies" memes. :D

*rustled*

Can't be career suicide if she doesn't have a career, she just said she's just doing this for hobby.

hobby suicide bruh.

They don't have another job, GDR is a police officer back in her country so she have other incomes.

i.e.- "i want kids, so instead of fighting Cyborg, i will stick to safer things like arresting criminals".

Fighting may be a hobby for her, but she has totally mastered the art of making excuses. She loses the belt due to cowardice and she effortlessly downplays it and brushes it off. Brilliant.

She should just retire if she doesn't want to fight Cyborg. At least Nunes admitted she was scared of Cyborg

Back