Gatekeepers that pulled it off.

You are arguing that someone didn't get a title shot after they beat bisping, he proved you wrong.

Take the L.

Henderson was also meant to get the shot after ufc 100 but didn't and signed with SF which he then fought for their title.
R´tard, there´s no L or W.

Gtfo

Bisping is #1. No matter how bad his reign has been, the way he took the belt is the definition of badass.

Hunt came close.

I consider a gate keeper a talented fighter, consistently in the top 10 but for some reason has next to zero chance at becoming a champion.

Usually that reason is, lack of at least one specific elite talent or skill. Every champion is elite in at least one area, Garbrant, boxing, athleticism, wrestling.
Cormier, wrestling, chin, dirty boxing
MM, everything
Conor, Ko power

The only exception is Bisping. He has elite cardio but that's it. Had he not been fortunate enough to slip his way into a title shot, he likely would have never become champ. He did capitalize on his opportunity though.

I think part of the prestige that comes with being a champion is, not only do u have to beat the current champion but u have beat all the top contenders, to earn your shot at the champ.

To me, when you're gifted a title shot, rather than earning one, the belt loses a bit of its luster.

My ufc list of gatekeepers:

Fly - Benavidez (By definition he isn't, as he is clearly the 2nd best in the division but he probably should be. It is just DJ is on an entire different level).
Bantam - Assuncao (Hardest division to pick)
Feather - Stephens/Lamas
Light - Poirier
Welter - Magny/Cerrone
Middle - Brunson
Light Heavy - Teixeira
Heavy - Hunt

Whether one thinks he's a good fighter or not, he became world champ.

Bisping for sure is the GOAT of Gatekeepers turned The Man.

That fight was insane and Bisping fucked him up even more during the post-fight presser.

No serra wasn't good enough to be a gatekeeper. Alot of gatekeepers have championship potential, Serra was the definition of right place at the right time. He never would've made it to a title shot fighting the best like Gatekeepers do. RDA and Alvarez for that matter are both gatekeepers who made it imo. Cerrone is another king of the gatekeepers as well.

Who is the top perennial gatekeeper who finally pulled off the big W and took home the gold, even if only for a moment.

Miesha Tate comes to mind. A great fighter always just a runner up due to Ronda.

Bisping is probably my #1 pick. I never thought he would pull it off. I was happy for him when he did but he lost that second Henderson fight and has become a turd since the.

i think you need to be more specific about what you mean by gatekeeper. Miesha for example is not a gatekeeper as she was a contender. A gatekeeper is someone who guards the gate to contendership. You have to beat them to become a contender. Anyone in the top 5-10 is usually considered a contender.

Stay busy fight? You know anderson defended twice after the first fight right? So what was chael staying busy for? Fucking clown
Nuthin, Im in a good mood now thanx to that mga dude, made me laugh

jus´gtfo, my friend

No.

he didnt get the TS by beating BS-Ping, he actually got the so-called "long-awaited" REMATCH against Spider, rematch that Spider didnt want to grant.
it was literally called a title eliminator before the fight.

ForrestGriffin_Headshot2012.png

So a most likely juiced Hendricks then? That’s what you’re saying. Let’s see who would win now

it was literally called a title eliminator before the fight.
I checked:

"an injury forced Mark Muñoz out of his bout on the same card with Chael Sonnen"

BS-Ping replaced Munoz, which technically means he wasnt that worthy of this eliminator, right?

No serra wasn't good enough to be a gatekeeper. Alot of gatekeepers have championship potential, Serra was the definition of right place at the right time. He never would've made it to a title shot fighting the best like Gatekeepers do. RDA and Alvarez for that matter are both gatekeepers who made it imo. Cerrone is another king of the gatekeepers as well.
Serra clearly had championship potential, I'm basing that on the fact that he became a champion.

Edit: Also, I kind of agree with you and am just being difficult

Back