News Gastelum vs Whittaker Officially Announced for UFC 234

This fight really exemplifies just how true it is that MMA is ALL about styles, and how they match up to one another.

Rob absolutely demolished Jacare, while Souza and Gas had a razor close fight that I actually thought Jacare won. Was a weird fight in the fact that Souza was retreating looking close to death due to exhaustion yet was still out landing Gas with hard, head-snapping punches (in the 3rd and deciding round). I believe body language won Gas that fight.

Yet a lot of people (including myself) are giving Kelvin a very good chance to win. MMA is rock-paper-scissors personified.

Whittaker has run through everyone except Yoel... who is basically a LHW. And wonderboy was years ago.

But I gotta go with KG. This fight is going to be all stand up. KG got a solid chin, great hands, and 1 punch KO power.

48-46 Romero is just ridiculous. I mentioned earlier I could have seen it being a draw with a round being 10-8 to Romero. No way way there were two 10-8 rounds. At a stretch 48-47 Romero if you gave him from memory the 4th round which one judge I believe officially did. With the paucity of 10-8 rounds given by judges I'd argue 48-47 Whittaker was the right result.

Personally, I scored the fight a draw. My point in posting that was to illustrate that there are a lot of different opinions on it.

But, I thought that the 5th round should have been a 10-8 for Romero and I agree it was the only round that was arguably a 10-8. You don't need two 10-8 rounds for a 48-46 scorecard, just one. So if you scored the 4th for Romero (which one judge did, like you said) and the 5th a 10-8, you have 48-46 for Romero.

If you don't believe that the 5th was 10-8, then I think that 48-47 is a fair scorecard for either guy.

Bobby by whatever he wants ....... folks really choosing Kelvin here?

Bobby by whatever he wants ....... folks really choosing Kelvin here?

I'm pulling for Bobby but denouncing KG's skillset/speed/endurance at MW is daft.

I could see KG winning 2-3 out of 10 fights against Bobby. We have to also take into account how healthy Bobby is after the Yoel fights.

Whittaker will rock KG and KG will drop him at some point and then lose a clos dec.

Defo interested in this fight. Tough one to call but I'm gonna say Whittaker

Yoel beat Whittaker in that 2nd fight and I will never live that down
Best case was a draw with yoel getting a 10-8 in the 5th. No way round 3 was a 10-8 for yoel, whittaker quickly recovered after being dropped and landed enough offence to keep it a 10-9

Great MW against two young lions, should be a great one.

lol people choosng gas here, bobby won 2 wars against romero the monster, with one leg and one hand, easy win for bobby

Back