News Gastelum vs Whittaker Officially Announced for UFC 234

No way and the history books will never say it. Best you could hope for was a draw. The only 10-8 was round 1 for Bobby.

media.jpg

Who else is fighting?
Im assuming it will be aussie / NZ fighter based

Tai is booked, Hunt is booked..is Dan Hooker booked? Tyson Pedro? Volkanovski? Mathews? That'd be decent...

Its a tough one to call to be honest, my heart feels that Robert should beat him handily as he made it through the juggernaut that is Yoel 2x. But KG is super impressive at MW also. But I feel his hand speed has been a problem for the MWs on his resume and Robert coming from WW is pretty damn quick himself.

Pulling for Whitaker, would not be surprised if Kelvin caught him though.

Way. Watch it again. Yoel didnt have a 10-8????
Yoel had him in trouble but just like rogan said he needed a finish 30 seconds from the end then proceeds to gag black dick as he always does. Yoel did so little in the first round he should of been Dq'd anyway. And he didn't make weight as usual. Doesn't matter how much his fans cry, he got beat at every level.

Yoel had him in trouble but just like rogan said he needed a finish 30 seconds from the end then proceeds to gag black dick as he always does. Yoel did so little in the first round he should of been Dq'd anyway. And he didn't make weight as usual. Doesn't matter how much his fans cry, he got beat at every level.

Lot of excuses here

Very interesting bout. I don't think Kelvin is the 2nd best MW in the division yet I do believe he just might be Taker's most difficult matchup out there. Still gotta go with Taker here via decision, but an upset wouldn't surprise me

Great fight not sure who takes it but rooting for Kelvin in this one

I got a feeling Gastelum is gonna win, and new!

Think Whittaker edges out a close decision

tough one. Whitaker has been known to get wobbled and Gastelum has fast and accurate hands., but Whitaker is the better fighter. Should be good.

taking rob by a decision, prob 49-46 or 48-47.

after this id like to see him fight someone new, hopefully israel or costa can earn a TS. since weidman i guess is done fighting for the belt at 185, rockhold, costa, and israel are the 3 guys at the top he hasnt fought yet. no rematches for a while

Rockhold needs a win against someone else currently in the top 5 to deserve a shot at the belt IMO.

Whittaker fights MONSTERS sheesh. Not sure who to pick. Yoel loosened that chin up a bit and Gas hits like a truck.

48-46 Romero is just ridiculous. I mentioned earlier I could have seen it being a draw with a round being 10-8 to Romero. No way way there were two 10-8 rounds. At a stretch 48-47 Romero if you gave him from memory the 4th round which one judge I believe officially did. With the paucity of 10-8 rounds given by judges I'd argue 48-47 Whittaker was the right result.

Back