Gastelum vs Jacare: The best fight at UFC 224

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The UFC is calling this card stacked, but honestly Gastelum vs Jacare is the best fight on the entire card.

Machida vs Belfort is interesting, but would've been more interesting (and important) if it had happened many many years ago.

Anyways how do we see this fight playing out?

I'm hoping Jacare can handle the speed of Gastelum, and toy with him like Weidman already did. Kinda scared that one day Jacare is gonna show up to the cage old.

As you can probably tell, I'm a Jacare fan.
jacare-souza-victory.gif

PS: I went to see him at UFC Charlotte and was the only white guy doing the gator mouth thing
giphy.gif

You mean 224.

Yeah that's the only good fight. Jacare should sub him

I hope Jacare sends KG back to 170 where he belongs. I am excited that I can root for Jacare guilt free. I've rooted for his opponent most other times.

I feel as long as Jacare doesn't have a horrible day at the office he'll dominate KG.

The UFC is calling this card stacked, but honestly Gastelum vs Jacare is the best fight on the entire card.

Machida vs Belfort is interesting, but would've been more interesting (and important) if it had happened many many years ago.

Anyways how do we see this fight playing out?

I'm hoping Jacare can handle the speed of Gastelum, and toy with him like Weidman already did. Kinda scared that one day Jacare is gonna show up to the cage old.

As you can probably tell, I'm a Jacare fan.
jacare-souza-victory.gif

PS: I went to see him at UFC Charlotte and was the only white guy doing the gator mouth thing
giphy.gif

Kelvin will hit the immovable object (Jacare's head) and win by KO.

I'm also a big Jacare fan + I strongly dislike Gastelum

These fights are the worst to watch because of this....I prefer being neutral

I have a feeling Kelvin will KO Jacare. Also, Weidman never toyed with Kelvin and was seconds away from getting finished himself.

I hope Jacare sends KG back to 170 where he belongs. I am excited that I can root for Jacare guilt free. I've rooted for his opponent most other times.

I feel as long as Jacare doesn't have a horrible day at the office he'll dominate KG.
he doesnt belong considering its a miracle whenever he makes weight.

Gastalum have this. Only way for Souza to win this is Gastalum having a shit day and giving up the fight.

Jacare has to get this to the mat or I see Kelvin lighting him up on the feet with superior speed and precision. Kelvin has shown great footwork, headmovement and ability to close the distance fast.

He probably won't jump into Jacare's guard so quickly though so Jacare might get chances to recover that others would not.

So it all depends on Jacare being able to get the TD and his ability to hold Kelvin down long enough imo.

I like Kelvin though and I am confident he can win this. So my pick is with him. But it is very close due to Jacare's size and strength advantage and the obvious grappling edge.

I'm a huge Jacare fan as well. I just hope he fights smart...doesn't try and go head hunting. Hopefully we'll see a sub.

Good fight, will be surprised if Kelvin does not wreck him.

Great fight for sure , it's the fight I'm also definitely most excited for regarding this card.
Big fan of Jacare but I think Kelvins , speed ,striking and Power will be to much for Jacare .
I really hope I am wrong though

Harvard better work for a takedown early or he's getting slept Kelvin has fast hands

did kelvin fight weidman more than once? in the fight i watched, there was no weidman toying with kelvin. weidman almost got knocked out and had to win the fight on the ground.

I'm also a big Jacare fan + I strongly dislike Gastelum

These fights are the worst to watch because of this....I prefer being neutral
Why do you dislike gas so much? Just wondering.
Anyway jacare is a tough task for anyone not named whittaker. I am going with jacare via submission.

Back