Gastelum is going to retire Bisping

GSP doesn't need a 3rd party result to prove anything at this stage. He didn't even before the Bisping fight.
True... I'm just being selfish as a GSP fan that will have to answer to silly accusations on Sherdog. It will make my SherLife a lot easier if Ping actually destroys Gastelum in this fight, to finally silence those idiots who continually parrot that GSP's win over Ping is meaningless.

It's still not true even if Ping loses... but it's going to be a whole lot more difficult to back GSP's return if Ping loses.

Been trying and pleading with people on how ordinary fighter Michael Bisping is... especially when the SFORCE 185ers came over.Even in his recent fights , he caught lightning in a bottle with fluke over Luke...

Gastellum faces Weidman and was a -185 favorite over Chris (I was surprised- check my posts).Weidman lost to 3 monsters and had a significant size advantage over Kelvin not to mention he's a grappling ace and an elite wrestler. He's still a top mw-

Now lets fast forward to kelvin- bisping.This is a style friendly fight for Gastellum- hence a welterweight now favored an enormous -270 over Bisping .Bisping will be the bigger man and might have a slight technical boxing edge yet Vegas has Kelvin a 270 favorite. Gastellum will futher prove what I've been saying about Bisping.....hes a fringe top 10 middleweight----- like a gatekeeper but Rockhold dropped the ball and all of a sudden Bisping was this great fighter.....not.
Bisping will lose this and his retirement fight better be against someone outside the top 15 otherwise he's got problems.
I could see a Bisping - Branch retirement fight in London which would be a mistake cause Branch is still probably a top 10 middleweight and will knock out Michael early in his home town retirement fight-- end of 1st...early 2nd.You know where you heard it first.
So basically your argument is betting odds. Yes, those are always accurate:rolleyes:

He's actually 3-1 (1) at MW in the UFC. He won the TUF middleweight tournament, beat Marquardt and Kennedy, and his KO against Vitor was overturned due to testing positive for Marijuana.

I actually picked Weidman against him, but Bisping doesn't bring what Weidman does.
Totally forgot about TUF and those fights.
source.gif
now i'm thinking it'll be hendo vs ping 2 all over again.

But the card is so bad, i doubt anyone will hear his speech.

They're only just starting to understand what he says anyway... as he takes a leaf out of Pickett's book and slowly drifts into adopting a quasi American accent

He goes back to Lancashire these days in his old local cafe asking for a gluten-free skinny mochatino and a low-fat lentil & quinoa bagel... they don't have a fucking clue what he's on about

Been trying and pleading with people on how ordinary fighter Michael Bisping is... especially when the SFORCE 185ers came over.Even in his recent fights , he caught lightning in a bottle with fluke over Luke...

Gastellum faces Weidman and was a -185 favorite over Chris (I was surprised- check my posts).Weidman lost to 3 monsters and had a significant size advantage over Kelvin not to mention he's a grappling ace and an elite wrestler. He's still a top mw-

Now lets fast forward to kelvin- bisping.This is a style friendly fight for Gastellum- hence a welterweight now favored an enormous -270 over Bisping .Bisping will be the bigger man and might have a slight technical boxing edge yet Vegas has Kelvin a 270 favorite. Gastellum will futher prove what I've been saying about Bisping.....hes a fringe top 10 middleweight----- like a gatekeeper but Rockhold dropped the ball and all of a sudden Bisping was this great fighter.....not.
Bisping will lose this and his retirement fight better be against someone outside the top 15 otherwise he's got problems.
I could see a Bisping - Branch retirement fight in London which would be a mistake cause Branch is still probably a top 10 middleweight and will knock out Michael early in his home town retirement fight-- end of 1st...early 2nd.You know where you heard it first.

Bisping is a 2x UFC MW champion. He has some very solid wins over quality opponents (Belcher, Miller, Le, Rockhold, A. Silva, Hendo).

I’m not a big Bisping fan (maybe not at all) but hes not an “ordinary” dude. His losses are often to very good fighters but regardless of his losses he is a two time UFC title holder, having beaten a Strikeforce+UFC MW champ and a PrideFC MW+ LHW champ.

True... I'm just being selfish as a GSP fan that will have to answer to silly accusations on Sherdog. It will make my SherLife a lot easier if Ping actually destroys Gastelum in this fight, to finally silence those idiots who continually parrot that GSP's win over Ping is meaningless.

It's still not true even if Ping loses... but it's going to be a whole lot more difficult to back GSP's return if Ping loses.

To be fair I would imagine being a GSP fan is a hell of a lot easier than being a Bisping fan.

And if I were you I'd look at it like this... there are always morons on Sheroog posting shit about great fighters and making silly accusations to try and tear them down. Either because they have a massive inferiority complex and just don't like other people succeeding, or because they want to appear knowledgeable - so knowledgeable that they counter public opinion wherever they find it. They think it makes them appear smarter, but in fact they just come off as contrary cunt fucks.

Now I admit, it's very hard sometimes to defend the Ping. But defending GSP is easy. Just point to his record, post a picture of his belt and take comfort in the fact that in 50 years those that discredit him now will be telling their grandkids about GSP and how they "were there".

Bisping was getting out struck by 50 year old Dan Henderson.

Gastelum by rape, no lube style.

He's gonna 1 2 combo Bisping's face all night before KOing him.
Easy betting money the left will drop him

2017 and people still count out Bisping.
<36>

The chump got dropped and finished by a pillow punching welterweight. He should always be counted out from here on in. I hope Gastelum violently retires that fraud.

I understand. I picked him to lose to lose those 2 fights and even the Hendo rematch.

What can I say? It just isn't smart to make a thread titled 'Gastelum is going to retire Bisping'. It could very well go the other way.

Absolutely it could.

I never thought he was one of the very best, but he's really good.

To be fair I would imagine being a GSP fan is a hell of a lot easier than being a Bisping fan.

And if I were you I'd look at it like this... there are always morons on Sheroog posting shit about great fighters and making silly accusations to try and tear them down. Either because they have a massive inferiority complex and just don't like other people succeeding, or because they want to appear knowledgeable - so knowledgeable that they counter public opinion wherever they find it. They think it makes them appear smarter, but in fact they just come off as contrary cunt fucks.

Now I admit, it's very hard sometimes to defend the Ping. But defending GSP is easy. Just point to his record, post a picture of his belt and take comfort in the fact that in 50 years those that discredit him now will be telling their grandkids about GSP and how they "were there".

Defending GSP is easy.

Listening to all the garbage people are allowed to say about him is not.

Bisping was getting out struck by 50 year old Dan Henderson.

Gastelum by rape, no lube style.

He's gonna 1 2 combo Bisping's face all night before KOing him.

you make is sound like hendo is an average 50 year old.

Bisping really shouldn't be back in the ring so soon after getting getting concussed by that left hook and smashed with elbows a billion times.

So basically your argument is betting odds. Yes, those are always accurate:rolleyes:
Yes, of course there are upsets (especially in mma) but you missed my point.Vegas is smarter than you and com8ng from the weidman- Gastellum fight and the size difference, you'd think they wouldn't open up Kelvin such a massive favorite. If I was a Bisping fan, this would concern me.

Bisping is a 2x UFC MW champion. He has some very solid wins over quality opponents (Belcher, Miller, Le, Rockhold, A. Silva, Hendo).

I’m not a big Bisping fan (maybe not at all) but hes not an “ordinary” dude. His losses are often to very good fighters but regardless of his losses he is a two time UFC title holder, having beaten a Strikeforce+UFC MW champ and a PrideFC MW+ LHW champ.
I may of embellished a little by calling him "ordinary " but his ledger consists mainly of decision wins over fighters he was decently favored over.He looked like a beast vs an over the hill Cung Le and the Rockhold fluke and I hate to call it that but look at his last 6 performances (outside the luke fight).
Like I said, once the SFORCE middleweight s came over , Bisping was a fringe top 10 fighter- heck he was 0 for 7 before the past his prime Anderson fight in contender fights.
He caught lightning in a bottle ....and it happens.
Bisping just doesn't impress me..

Oh and to go through his entire career and come up with those names is kind of sad (especially when 2-3 shouldn't even be on there---- a squeak-age over 48 year old Hendo????- a solid win?- not)

The Silva fight was odd.

The Rockhold fight was the only time in his career he won a really big fight. Every time he had a contender match he lost (occasionally getting curb stomped).

People count him out because

a) he chokes in big fights and
b) his nickname is The Count.

It's amazing how everyone forgot about Bisping's 2 year stretch where he could never win 2 fights in a row. Then he gets a split decision over Leites (not even unanimous, but split) ekes out another decision over Post Title AS (where he got rocked and generally beaten up), lucked into a title shot when every other contender got injured, had a fluke KO because Rockhold's arrogance, refused to fight anybody under 40 (and only had one fight in a year's time, in which he eked out yet another decision over a guy older than me), got finished by a fighter coming off a FOUR YEAR layoff, and somehow that makes him a legend? I don't get it o_O

Hell, even Bisping knows he was playing with house money after winning the title.

All that having been said, I wouldn't even be the least bit surprised if Gastelum found a way to blow it, because he always seems to somehow.

Can't see him retiring after a fight like this, win or lose.

Would be better if he tried to fight on the March card in London.

Back